Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Butter Braids
This is the time of year when the kiddos are going around and selling these things. Have you gotten yours, or ever tried one? Holy crap they're good. Expensive as hell ($14), but the money goes to a good cause (generally youth group activities). If you get the opportunity to buy one or two, don't pass it up! Here's one of mine, fresh out of the oven (Blueberry and cream cheese)

[Image: 07b8a6d193.jpg]
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

That's looks great! I've never heard of them.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Yum! That looks soo good!

My grandmother used to create a coffee bread that looked similar to that, she would put almond flakes on top.
To be a feminist is simply to believe that everybody should be treated equally, regardless of sex. It means you think that there should be equality of the sexes economically, socially, politically and personally. When you put it like that, it’s surely difficult for anybody to deny being a feminist. But for such a simple concept, it is often dramatically misunderstood.

(11-22-2015, 12:28 PM)Love Child Wrote: Yum! That looks soo good!

My grandmother used to create a coffee bread that looked similar to that, she would put almond flakes on top.

Yeah, my aunt made them that way, too. With the almonds
I've never tried one because the little heathens in these parts don't sell them. Sure you have the girl scouts selling their stupid cookies, but they're all too lazy to actually get their hands in the dough and make something from scratch.
My Daughter caught me off guard on my way out the door and I ended up buying 3 of them from her school band class. I only ever eat a sliver.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I think I'll try my hand at making that, Looks great
I look forward to seeing you on America's Next Fatass
(11-23-2015, 06:58 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: I think I'll try my hand at making that, Looks great

Nothing to make at all. Lightly grease a cookie sheet, place the frozen dough on it, set out overnight (the dough will thaw and rise...blow up to about twice the original size). Bake at 325° for 20-25 min, cool, and then drizzle the icing on top.
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

(11-22-2015, 12:20 PM)Duchess Wrote:

That's looks great! I've never heard of them.

You'd probably need some friends with teenagers (it's usually that age group that sells them)

http://butterbraid.com/

(11-23-2015, 07:51 AM)thekid65 Wrote:
(11-23-2015, 06:58 AM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: I think I'll try my hand at making that, Looks great

Nothing to make at all. Lightly grease a cookie sheet, place the frozen dough on it, set out overnight (the dough will thaw and rise...blow up to about twice the original size). Bake at 325° for 20-25 min, cool, and then drizzle the icing on top.
I believe six meant he'd make his own Kid.
Yea if I am to make them it will be from scratch
More power to ya. I like to cook, but not much of a baker at all. The only thing I'd do differently if I attempted to make these from scratch would be to put a little more stuff on the inside, but not too much more. This one pictures was blueberries and cream cheese. The other one I've got is cinnamon.

I have been cooking seriously for decades but am new to baking. Made the occasional cake or pan of brownies but never bread and whatnot.
Took it up recently, having to learn regular and gluten free at the same time, GF is hard.
About settled on a dough recipe for this thing, I am with you on the stuffing, seems most are a bit short.
Busted one of these out last night. It more or less looks like the target, tastes great, goat cheese and strawberry stuffing. I don't know shit about pastry so there were plenty of lessons learned. I'll do it again pretty soon
[Image: IMG_14291_zps42aae37n.jpg]
Nice! I'm impressed.