Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TURN: WASHINGTON'S SPIES

I binge watched the first two seasons of this series. The 3rd season starts Monday night on AMC. It's the most interesting thing I have seen on television in a very long time. It's smart & well written, it holds my attention and that's hard to do.

It's a period drama based on a book called, Washington's Spies: The Story Of America's First Spies. It takes place during the Revolutionary War. They were ingenious back then! Has anyone else seen it?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I haven't seen it and it sounds neat-o but it reminded me of a story about an apple. Its a bit long though.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I'm enthralled with it. Washington is still a General and Benedict Arnold is not yet a traitor.

Fighting in line formation is incredible. It's one of the stupidest things I have ever seen. They stood there to die. Who the hell ever thought that would be a good idea. 78

...and the spying & their methods is fricken cool!
This sounds like something that would interest me a lot.

There are so many historical places out east that I want to see and haven't yet.
(04-21-2016, 01:33 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: This sounds like something that would interest me a lot.

I recommend it, it's fantastic. I liked it enough that I got a Netflix membership so I could watch the first 2 years.
(04-21-2016, 01:47 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-21-2016, 01:33 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: This sounds like something that would interest me a lot.

I recommend it, it's fantastic. I liked it enough that I got a Netflix membership so I could watch the first 2 years.
I did seasons 1 & 2 about 3 months ago after I finished Pinkey Blinders. Good stuff indeed. Since you have Netflix now, I highly recommend house of cards, Bloodline, and Cartel.
(04-21-2016, 04:50 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I highly recommend house of cards, Bloodline, and Cartel.

I've heard quite a few people rave about House Of Cards. I haven't seen it yet though.

So you watched TURN? What do you think about that crazy bastard Simcoe? He's a creepy mutha.
(04-22-2016, 11:41 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-21-2016, 04:50 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: I highly recommend house of cards, Bloodline, and Cartel.

I've heard quite a few people rave about House Of Cards. I haven't seen it yet though.

So you watched TURN? What do you think about that crazy bastard Simcoe? He's a creepy mutha.
Yeah, just started the 3rd season. The acting is great. Simcoe is beyond creepy. He's also cocky and bloody ruthless. And he backs his shit up. That's a dangerous combination that makes for damned good drama.

And HOC is outrageously good... And hot.
(04-22-2016, 01:26 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Yeah, just started the 3rd season. The acting is great. Simcoe is beyond creepy. He's also cocky and bloody ruthless. And he backs his shit up. That's a dangerous combination that makes for damned good drama.

Maybe we aren't talking about the same thing. I say that because the 3rd season doesn't start until Monday night.
(04-22-2016, 01:26 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 11:41 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Yeah, just started the 3rd season. The acting is great. Simcoe is beyond creepy. He's also cocky and bloody ruthless. And he backs his shit up. That's a dangerous combination that makes for damned good drama.

And HOC is outrageously good... And hot.

HOC is some of the best television I've ever watched.

Brilliantly done.
(04-22-2016, 01:28 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-22-2016, 01:26 PM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Yeah, just started the 3rd season. The acting is great. Simcoe is beyond creepy. He's also cocky and bloody ruthless. And he backs his shit up. That's a dangerous combination that makes for damned good drama.

Maybe we aren't talking about the same thing. I say that because the 3rd season doesn't start until Monday night.

This is the TURN I'm watching.

That's the one. There are only 2 seasons of it so far.

The 3rd season of TURN comes on tonight at 10:00. Ugh. That's way past this old fart's bedtime.
(04-22-2016, 04:28 PM)Duchess Wrote:

That's the one. There are only 2 seasons of it so far.
Yeah, I finished season 2 yesterday. With Netflix, it's hard to really pay attention to which season you're watching. When I see the "New Episodes" sticker, I just click and watch. hah After you binged 10-12 programs, you'll understand where i'm coming from. Did you start HOC yet?
(04-25-2016, 11:18 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Did you start HOC yet?

No, not yet, that will be a rainy day type thing.
(04-25-2016, 11:37 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(04-25-2016, 11:18 AM)Blindgreed1 Wrote: Did you start HOC yet?

No, not yet, that will be a rainy day type thing.
Set aside some time for it. Once you start it you can't stop.

Have you checked out this show, MS?

Sonofabitch! He's ignoring me. Are you still mad or moody over things that were said? You need to take that to the Therapy forum and give me some shit for it then.
(05-11-2016, 01:26 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Sonofabitch! He's ignoring me. Are you still mad or moody over things that were said? You need to take that to the Therapy forum and give me some shit for it then.

No, I'm not ignoring you.

Yes, we're at Season 2, Episode 7.

It's a fun show to watch. Maybe a little slow for my liking, but, overall, I enjoy it.
(05-11-2016, 04:08 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Yes, we're at Season 2, Episode 7.

That's so great! Simcoe is a piece of work, huh. I love to hate him. I hope you hang in there, Season 3 is moving right along and it's been very exciting. I'm glad you're watching, MS. Smiley_emoticons_smile