Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parlor games
I picked this little parlor gun up as part of a 4 gun buy yesterday and thought I would show you . In days of ole they were used in the parlors of rich family's for entertainment/excitement. When guests were over they would have shooting competitions right there in the house with these little guns. This is the first one of these that I have ever had the opportunity of shooting. Fun little gun, yes it is.

[Image: 20160521_120738_zpslodttpuq.jpg]

Just so you have something to compare its size to here it is alongside a colt buntline 22 revolver [Another of the guns that came in this deal].

[Image: 20160521_120725_zpsjzr5bxsu.jpg]

And here is the package.

[Image: 20160521_120717_zpsijo5aefd.jpg]
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!
Your work is like working at a bank and seeing rolls of silver getting turned is as pocket change, returning face value. Great acquisition! It sure makes my old rifleman shooting game look dull.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
It also shows us how far we have came as a nation. In those days it was not looked down on to have shooting competitions right there in your house. Now days if someone said they shoot firearms in the house people would flip.

No offense but, having a shooting competition inside your home sounds like a dumbass idea.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
These little guns shot a special shell called a bbcap. They were essentially a 22 that had no, or very little powder in them and shot a very small soft lead projectile. They were very low powered rounds. Ranging from 300 to 700 FPS. That is basically in the airsoft gun , up to bb gun, range of power.

Obviously people were fine with it or it wouldn't have been going on. I'm just a little fussy about shooting guns inside my home regardless of the size/power of the projectile.
The guy up a few houses from me has a cool bb target practice range in his cellar. It's perfectly safe and fun, the targets are along one wall and has shelves and hooks to hang stuff from. You stand about 25 ft away and he has a 4ft kneewall to rest your arm on. The far wall has 2" thick hallow cardboard that absorbs the bb and nothing bounces back. Oh yeah, he's a state trooper also. Just wear eye protection and you're good to go. I'm sure back in the day they would just shoot at stuff around the house though and today I go to a sand pit a friend of mine owns to shoot and practice. I've never been fond of inside ranges so I bet someday someone will complain and that will be the end of that. Inside ranges have their plus side as far as sighting and distance markings though, and its not like pacing off distance at the sand pit.
I wouldn't mind having a shooting parlor in my house along with a bowling alley, billiards room, movie theater, indoor pool and sauna, library and recording studio.
Maggot and FU, what's your opinion on me getting a BB gun (or something similar) to take care of squirrels that are starting to become pests?

A) Do you think it's something I should even consider living in the suburbs and B) if so, what you recommend that is accurate, fairly safe, and will kill said varmin?

Thanks for any input.
(05-22-2016, 06:07 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: Maggot and FU, what's your opinion on me getting a BB gun (or something similar) to take care of squirrels that are starting to become pests?

A) Do you think it's something I should even consider living in the suburbs and B) if so, what you recommend that is accurate, fairly safe, and will kill said varmin?

Thanks for any input.

You'll be arrested and thrown into jail immediately. The fine for killing squirrels within your city limits if $15,000.00 and 7 points on your drivers license and when the PTA gets wind of that your kid's darling little faces will be on posters at school declaring them the demon seed of the neighborhood squirrel killer. You've been warned!
I squirrel hunt with a pellet rifle, so they will do the trick. Shot placement is everything with a pellet gun though, Head shots are a must for a quick and humane kill. That being said I cant say weather or not you should use that method. Distance between houses , safe shooting lanes, children in the hood that may see you doing it and think its OK to shoot bb guns in the neighbor hood, and any number of other things , are all important factors in making your decision.
Should you decide to go this route there are a lot of good rifles on the market. They can be expensive though. My RWS Diana and 4-16x40 scope cost me almost 400 bucks. There are less expensive models on the market, but be prepared to spend at least 100 on a decent break action rifle.
A good rifle running 900-1100 fps is accurate to 50 yards, but I recommend 25 yards and less if the wind is over 10 mph.
How are the squirrels becoming pests? I have several of them outside and they don't bother anything.

Leave those poor squirrels alone and get yourself a Daisy BB gun and shoot cans out in your back yard if you have hankering to be a bad ass.
Not hankering to be a badass and if there really is a fine attached, I won't do it.

After nearly 10 years here, these fuckers are trying to break in. They're becoming a real nuisance.

I'm trying to think of the next step I can take.

BTW, Sal, your Florida squirrels are lazy from the heat.

Our northern squirrels are very industrious and make things happen.

They're smart and good-looking too.
(05-22-2016, 07:42 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: if there really is a fine attached, I won't do it.

hah I was just messin' with you.
How are they trying to break in, do you have holes in your soffit? It sounds like your house has holes in it for them to get in. You need a handy man, not a bb gun.
(05-22-2016, 08:12 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-22-2016, 07:42 PM)Midwest Spy Wrote: if there really is a fine attached, I won't do it.

hah I was just messin' with you.

hahhahhah
Chipmunks!!! Smiley_emoticons_shocked
(05-22-2016, 08:13 PM)sally Wrote: How are they trying to break in, do you have holes in your soffit? It sounds like your house has holes in it for them to get in. You need a handy man, not a bb gun.

There are no holes in his soffit, just in his head......hahhahhah
Wimmin! 106
@ Midwest spy if you really want to enjoy squirrel destruction skip the gun and pick yourself up a nice wrist rocket. Quiet, less chance of nosy neighbors, and you can put whatever the hell you want in there depending on how bad you want the squirrels hurt. We used to shoot pigeons the same way. Big enough rock you'll kill them, we used to shoot peanuts or walnuts at them hahaha good for the wildlife, bad for the pigeons. But not necessarily lethal.

Also, a rock death leaves more squirrel meat if you want a stew. Squirrel is good eating.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.