Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Toe the line.
I was just in a political conversation with a inlaw and it made me think about this subject. Party line voting.

What are your opinions on the subject? Please try and keep this about that and not about current candidates, please.

He and I were talking when he said he was a life long Dem and would always vote Dem no matter what. Myself, I follow no party and will vote for the candidate that I feel will do the most to better our country regardless of the party. He said he don't see party line voting as a problem and looks at what the parties have accomplished from when he was in grade school and that no Republican president after Ike has helped the working class get ahead. I told him you cant judge the next candidate by what the last did.

So that being said you can tell my opinion of party line voting. Now what say you all?
Beer drinking, gun toting, Bike riding,
womanizing, sex fiend, sexist, asshole !
Don't like it? Well than F.U !!!!!!!!!

I don't think people should have to feel they need to vote their party line. The question people should ask themselves is which candidate will do the better job.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
My opinion on party line voting is the people that do that tend to freak out when their party doesn't win and they make up all kinds of groundless complaints against the other party. Kind of what you freaks do. Obama has ruined your whole fucking life and if Trump is elected Donovan's life will be equally ruined.
hah You have a point there.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Pretty sure if Trump is elected we're all fucked. My points are neither groundless not hysterical. That said, I vote along the lines that seem to do the most good for the most people. These days that seems to favor Democratic leadership. But if a third party candidate was viable I'd go that way. Republicans seem to be a lost cause at this point. They'll implode soon and splinter.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
All my life I have always been an independent, and will remain so.

I learned at a young age about party affiliation and how it can actually affect you personally, It's a long story, so I won't go into it.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(07-18-2016, 07:56 PM)Carsman Wrote: All my life I have always been an independent, and will remain so.

I learned at a young age about party affiliation and how it can actually affect you personally, It's a long story, so I won't go into it.

I would be interested in hearing about it. Perhaps another thread? I believe in voting for the candidate that one feels is best suited.
(07-18-2016, 10:51 PM)Love Child Wrote:
(07-18-2016, 07:56 PM)Carsman Wrote: All my life I have always been an independent, and will remain so.

I would be interested in hearing about it. Perhaps another thread? I believe in voting for the candidate that one feels is best suited.

That' what I do as well, I'm an independant, so neither party can automatically count on my vote.

As for the long story, I try to shorten it up, when I was a kid, we lived in a small town. My dad was a registered republican. So when he voted for town mayor, he voted for the republican candidate. Well as it turned out, the democratic candidate won. And when my dad submitted permits to the town to put in a driveway, a garage, a patio, pool, he was always turned down. My dad believed it was because he was a registered republican, and democratic mayor's office had to approve all permits., so . . . .

And then when older at work, I learned work politics from an old timer. I was always a self starter, do it myself, don't show allegiance to management, not a brown noser.Well for the first few years, even though I worked hard, I never got any big raise's or promotions.

One day, the old timer took me aside, and told me stop being such a shit, and don't buck the system, go with the flow! Well I took his words to heart, and went with the flow, and low and behold, he was right. I then got big raises, and promotion after promotion. so . . .

(And that's the condensed version, there's even more)

(07-18-2016, 07:05 PM)Donovan Wrote: Pretty sure if Trump is elected we're all fucked. My points are neither groundless not hysterical. That said, I vote along the lines that seem to do the most good for the most people. These days that seems to favor Democratic leadership. But if a third party candidate was viable I'd go that way. Republicans seem to be a lost cause at this point. They'll implode soon and splinter.

Each generation has been declaring this since the days of Washington. Kind of like believing it is this generation- as in all past generations- who believe will witness the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Thank goodness no president has or will have the power to completely corrupt your standard of living.

Think of some of the poor presidents we've had and somehow this country has 'survived' them all.
We will continue doing so- regardless if it's Clinton or Trump.

I believe in voting for the lesser of two evils. Hillary may be a liar and a criminal but Trump is an ignorant, dumbass, racist bullying cheez doodle. I'm voting Hillary.
(07-19-2016, 10:03 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

I believe in voting for the lesser of two evils. Hillary may be a liar and a criminal but Trump is an ignorant, dumbass, racist bullying cheez doodle. I'm voting Hillary.

Hey Clangster ya little shit, where the hell ya been? Good to see you!

(07-19-2016, 02:46 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote:
(07-18-2016, 07:05 PM)Donovan Wrote: Pretty sure if Trump is elected we're all fucked. My points are neither groundless not hysterical. That said, I vote along the lines that seem to do the most good for the most people. These days that seems to favor Democratic leadership. But if a third party candidate was viable I'd go that way. Republicans seem to be a lost cause at this point. They'll implode soon and splinter.

Each generation has been declaring this since the days of Washington. Kind of like believing it is this generation- as in all past generations- who believe will witness the second coming of Jesus Christ.

Thank goodness no president has or will have the power to completely corrupt your standard of living.

Think of some of the poor presidents we've had and somehow this country has 'survived' them all.
We will continue doing so- regardless if it's Clinton or Trump.

You're not paying attention. This could get very, very bad.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.

Do you think it's true that other countries are shittin' a brick thinking that Trump could possibly be POTUS?
I think they are doing more than shitting a brick.
(07-20-2016, 07:16 AM)Carsman Wrote:
(07-19-2016, 10:03 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:

Hey Clangster ya little shit, where the hell ya been? Good to see you!

Been trying to pry my unemployed brother from the laptop we share. I really should stop buying so much lady clothes and save up for my own computer. Also, stopped by Mock back in May and the lack of any mention of where I'd gone since March hurt my Leo's attention seeking ego, so I stayed away....oh and being busy with work and social life.
(07-20-2016, 12:10 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Do you think it's true that other countries are shittin' a brick thinking that Trump could possibly be POTUS?

No. Canada survived that Rob Ford, Chris Farley impersonator, we'll survive Trump like we survived George Bush.
(07-20-2016, 10:46 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: we'll survive Trump like we survived George Bush.

That's just awful to contemplate.

Hey! Maybe we can have a nuclear war this time!
(07-21-2016, 04:49 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-20-2016, 10:46 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: we'll survive Trump like we survived George Bush.

With kim jong un and kim jong donald having access to the nuclear buttons, it could be possible. If donald is elected, start building your bomb shelters!hah

Rob Ford was a mayor. Slightly different animal.
(07-21-2016, 04:49 AM)Duchess Wrote: