Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
What do you do when ..
Oh Oh, some how double post, no option to delete it.

When getting on to an Elevator and there is only "one" person already in it, instead of riding in complete awkward silence I try to strike up a conversation.

WHAT DO YOU DO?
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

. . . . . . . getting on to an Elevator and there is only "one" person already in it, instead of riding in complete awkward silence I try to strike up a conversation.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

I check my phone for messages and/or send messages.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I nod a polite greeting and then continue to listen to my book on my phone
Awkward silence, unless it is one of my co-workers, then I try and say at least Hello or Good Morning.
Awkward silence unless its one of my co-workers, then I try and strike up a conversation or at least say Hello or Good Morning.
(07-31-2016, 10:20 AM)Carsman Wrote: Oh Oh, some how double post, no option to delete it.

When getting on to an Elevator and there is only "one" person already in it, instead of riding in complete awkward silence I try to strike up a conversation.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

I merged your duplicate threads, Cars. Blowing-kisses

I don't find elevator silence to be awkward.

Typically, I just smile then face the door, watch the numbers, and exit without any thought of socializing.

If someone starts talking or needs assistance, I always engage though.
(07-31-2016, 12:36 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I don't find elevator silence to be awkward.

Typically, I just smile then face the door, watch the numbers, and exit without any thought of socializing.

If someone starts talking or needs assistance, I always engage though.

Same here. If I'm closest to the buttons I'll ask them which floor or if someone gestures to let me out first I'll say thank you, but other than that I don't say anything unless they talk to me first. Just your regular elevator etiquette stuff.
I don't worry about people I will only see 30 seconds.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
In California we pretend the other person does not exist after asking what floor they want, even a celebrity.
Certainly, I can recommend what you shouldn't do: Don't pull the emergency stop and then smile slowly at the other person while gazing into their eyes. It just comes off as creepy and not at
all sexy like in the movies.
It's been years since I was on an elevator but would probably just smile and press my floor button, screw them.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(08-01-2016, 06:14 AM)Maggot Wrote: It's been years since I was on an elevator but would probably just smile and press my floor button, screw them.

OK, you've all convinced me, I won't say anything, since after a 30 second ride, I will never see them again, so screw them!

(That's of course unless the elevator is at work, (like I used to have) but you still don't know the person, however it's likely you may ride it again with them)

Truthfully I ignore pretty much the entire world.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
Does anyone start singing the "Tennessee birdwalk"? While strutting around flapping their wings?

In the elevator.

Not yet, but the day is still young.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It's in between yoga and sex as a stress reliever.
(08-01-2016, 12:38 PM)Maggot Wrote: Does anyone start singing the "Tennessee birdwalk"? While strutting around flapping their wings?

In the elevator.

No, but I am tempted to press all the buttons as I exit an elevator.
(08-01-2016, 08:40 AM)Carsman Wrote: OK, you've all convinced me, I won't say anything, since after a 30 second ride, I will never see them again, so screw them!

You do you, Cars. Don't change for anyone. I don't mind those old guys on the elevator that ask me " so how is your day going so far?" And I reply "pretty good, pretty good, how's yours?" And then it ends with me giving them a blow job.
Image blown.