CHORES!

When you were growing up did you have chores you were responsible for? Do your kids have chores?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I had chores, but I never did them so our how was always a big mess. My dad wasn't big on cleaning and relying on an 8 year old to do it doesn't work out too well.

My kids had some chores, but if I want something done right I usually do it myself. My son's job was to clean up the dog poop and him and his friend thought it would be funny one day to throw it over the fence in the neighbor's yard. When the guy knocked on my door he seemed a little pissed off hah.
Ahhh... the old fuck it up so you don't get asked to do it again trick.
THANK YOU FOR POT SMOKING
I had them, my wife had them and our kids have them.
I had them, my kids not so much, mostly because their mom and grandmother did everything.
When my son lived with me he had them
(02-09-2017, 05:24 PM)SIXFOOTERsez Wrote: my kids not so much, mostly because their mom and grandmother did everything.

I had a hard time letting my kids do stuff beyond simple things like cleaning up after themselves. I used to fight with my husband because whenever he made them do stuff it would just turn into a pain in the ass for me. Like washing the car for example. The fucking thing looks worse than it did before they cleaned it and they managed to track mud all through the house too. Great, that was a huge help.

Another time they washed his truck they somehow got the hose wrapped around the trailer hitch and when he left for work he didn't notice it and it ripped the faucet right out of the wall. Bravo. Your kids are some real fucking winners.
No chores for me, but my kids had them.

They did a fairly good job, and each got paid $3 a week! They were happy & I was happy.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(02-09-2017, 02:38 PM)Duchess Wrote: [size=medium][i]

When you were growing up did you have chores you were responsible for

Yes, but I was a fat lazy fuck....an idle, unambitious dreamer up until my late 30's and 40's(actually I'm still failing kinda at the adult thing. Our apartment is a fucking mess and my job is filled with stress. Only thing different is I got a decent paying job/career and I keep my bedroom/office/library/man cave tidy) so my mom ended up doing mine or my brother's chores. She'd only end up getting us to do chores by threatening not to drive us to the community pool or smacking our bottoms with a wooden spoon and then blame us for breaking the wooden spoon.
(02-09-2017, 02:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:

When you were growing up did you have chores you were responsible for? Do your kids have chores?

Oh yeah, but the kids have it easy now. All they have to do is take out the trash, clean the cat litter box, get the mail, clean the pool, weed my garden......stupid stuff.
I had a paper route when I was 12 and my Mother made me pay .75 per week for room and board. It went downhill from there.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(02-09-2017, 10:56 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(02-09-2017, 02:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:

Oh yeah, but the kids have it easy now. All they have to do is take out the trash, clean the cat litter box, get the mail, clean the pool, weed my garden......stupid stuff.
I had a paper route when I was 12 and my Mother made me pay .75 per week for room and board. It went downhill from there.

Getting the mail is a chore? I usually get the mail in from our apartment's mailbox every day when I come home from work. Dammit. My Dad and brother have been making me do a chore without even realizing it.
You do it so they don't see your alternative clothes you damn lazy freak.
(02-09-2017, 11:15 PM)BigMark Wrote: You do it so they don't see your alternative clothes you damn lazy freak.

Actually I get stuff shipped to a store and pick it up so they don't see my alternative clothing.
Well at least you don't deny being a lazy freak.
(02-09-2017, 11:20 PM)BigMark Wrote: Well at least you don't deny being a lazy freak.

Why would I? I freely admit I'm mentally and emotionally lazy when it comes to doing my actual job(I had an anxiety attack twice in the one week I was on the phone, forcing them to relegate me to doing paper work and email for an undetermined amount of time), I'm lazy when it comes to looking after the well being of my elderly Dad(I've given up trying to make sure he bathes every day, since he stubbornly refuses), I'm lazy when it comes to looking after my own well being(Can't keep most of the apartment clean, can't/won't cook, and I've let my health decline for 20 years or so with nary a fuck. I count myself lucky my teeth aren't in worse shape than they are).
Household chores are the pits. But I cant stand filth so its a daily nowhere to run nowhere to hide duty. And hell yeh all hands on deck.
(02-10-2017, 07:23 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: Household chores are the pits. But I cant stand filth so its a daily nowhere to run nowhere to hide duty. And hell yeh all hands on deck.

May I present another physiological golden nugget from Aussiebitches PEZ dispenser type mind.

How do parents teach their kids responsibility unless they are given something to be responsible for?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(02-10-2017, 01:06 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(02-10-2017, 07:23 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: Household chores are the pits. But I cant stand filth so its a daily nowhere to run nowhere to hide duty. And hell yeh all hands on deck.

May I present another physiological golden nugget from Aussiebitches PEZ dispenser type mind.

At least she has a mind.....hahhahhah
(02-10-2017, 07:59 PM)blueberryhill Wrote:
(02-10-2017, 01:06 PM)Maggot Wrote:

At least she has a mind.....hahhahhah

Yeah I know...........but like a banana shake it takes a while for it solidify and settle after spinning in a blender.
(02-10-2017, 07:33 PM)Duchess Wrote:

How do parents teach their kids responsibility unless they are given something to be responsible for?

They have enough responsibility with school and afterschool shit and then when they graduate high school it's time to balance work, school and partying. Only the strong survive.

My son does go to work every morning, but he dropped out of college. Which I'm concerned about because I think he needs to do it even though he plans on taking over the business. He still needs his GC and CGC license, however, and 4 years of college would have secured that for him. Without it he has to get someone to sign for the GC license saying he has actual construction experience.