A CHRISTIAN LIFESTYLE

How do you define that as?

I saw that expression used this morning in regards to healthcare. She wants cheaper health insurance that doesn't cover stuff she doesn't want nor need because she leads a Christian lifestyle.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
She wants her rates to be lower because she does not believe in birth control or having to be part of the people that get it. Hoping her rates will be lower because she does not need it. It's wrong thinking because she may not need Gall bladder surgery either but its part of the entire insurance package. I can see her ignorance from 1000 miles away.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
She must've been Amish.
(05-02-2017, 11:34 AM)Midwest Spy Wrote: She must've been Amish.

No, she's a Conservative who is a former senior staffer to Jim DeMint & Ted Cruz.

I don't just pay attention to the Liberal Left, I pay attention to the Conservative Right. You could say I'm well rounded and listen/read both sides of the story. 17
It doesn't make her any smarter, that's for sure.
To me, living a Christian lifestyle usually means doing all the same things as the rest of us unenlightened heathens.

EXCEPT, Christians typically 'sin' secretly.

AND, when Christians get caught, they ask for forgiveness profusely (and usually sin and sin again, and get forgiven again).

As for the woman referenced in the OP, not wanting to help others in need of care doesn't sound very Christian to me.
Yeah but you don't know the secret Christian handshake either.
(05-02-2017, 12:20 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: As for the woman referenced in the OP, not wanting to help others in need of care doesn't sound very Christian to me.

In my opinion those who openly express being Christian are very rarely kind & loving towards others, they tend to be intolerant & judgemental. The woman who said she lives a Christian lifestyle is Amanda Carpenter.
I like Amanda Carpenter for the most part. Even when I don't agree with her, she's a rational conservative pundit and doesn't always just toe the party line. She was a huge supporter of Ted Cruz, so it's not too surprising she tied her views on healthcare to her religion. Religious liberty!
Being a Christian I am offended by her ignorance.
The implication is that any form of birth control is a sin, which means fucking for any other reason than procreation is a sin.
I call Bullshit, she isn't Christian
(05-02-2017, 12:22 PM)Maggot Wrote: Yeah but you don't know the secret Christian handshake either.

It's not that secret. You just take a wad of cash in your hands, give it a shake and toss it into the collection plate.
(05-02-2017, 12:20 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: To me, living a Christian lifestyle usually means doing all the same things as the rest of us unenlightened heathens.

EXCEPT, Christians typically 'sin' secretly.

AND, when Christians get caught, they ask for forgiveness profusely (and usually sin and sin again, and get forgiven again).

As for the woman referenced in the OP, not wanting to help others in need of care doesn't sound very Christian to me.

Yep. That's basically it. I couldn't have said it better myself. Except most Christians forget we aren't supposed to be judging you Godless heathens for your sins, we're supposed to be inviting you to join our Forgiveness Club.
(05-02-2017, 12:33 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Religious liberty!

Speaking of religious liberty, the White House is looking to sign an executive order on just that. Thursday is The National Day of Prayer and will likely happen then. This is Mike Pence's baby. Hopefully the blowback will engulf him in much the same way it did when he tried this shit as Governor.
Christian lifestyle appears to me as very similar to the results of traumatic brain injury.
Thank god I am oblivious to the opinions of others while caught in the blinding splendor of my own cleverness.
If they really live like that it's wonderful. Unfortunately all the bible thumpers i've met have been major hypocrites.