Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
ONLINE GROCERY SHOPPING

Have any of you done that?

I recently heard some women talking about doing it at the local SuperWalmart. They put what they want in their online cart, they specify the time they want to pick it up and they checkout. Once they pull up to the pickup place their groceries are then loaded into their vehicle. No tipping allowed.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Sounds like a great way to get rid of the older stock.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I prefer to choose my own stuff and shop mostly at the Amish market but I can see where this would be appealing to some people.

If they fulfill orders with crappy old stuff this program will fail once word gets out.
I guess it would be convenient for house hold stuff like paper towels and laundry soap or boxed and canned goods, bottled water, stuff like that. I would prefer to get my fresh produce, meat and seafood somewhere other than Walmart, however.
(05-09-2017, 10:23 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I prefer to choose my own stuff and shop mostly at the Amish market but I can see where this would be appealing to some people.

If they fulfill orders with crappy old stuff this program will fail once word gets out.

I prefer to choose my own stuff too. Amish market? Is that one of those old timey stores that sell overpriced, all-natural, homemade products that are supposed to be super healthy?
(05-09-2017, 06:09 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Amish market? Is that one of those old timey stores that sell overpriced, all-natural, homemade products that are supposed to be super healthy?

It's not exactly a store, per se, it's a very large building filled with individual vendors, baker, fish monger, deli, meats, cheeses, Amish-made furniture, etc. The only thing I find to be overpriced is the furniture and other handmade items such as quilts.
A member of another forum I belong to does the pantry thing from Amazon. He says he loves it. But for him, he may be the ideal candidate for home delivery shopping. He is 82, lives alone, does not drive and says he is impressed with the quality of food he gets. He says they deliver it right to his apartment door in thermal bags. He leaves the empty bags outside his door on delivery day and they take them back. I think he has only taken 2-3 deliveries so far.
For me, as long as I can still get around, and do my own shopping I would rather do it
myself.
I'm in the food co-op here and they call me when they have eggs, meat or vegetables. Or I can place an order with an e-mail. I haven't called in a while but they deliver. I don't think I would trust a shopping center all the time though. I have to be here to accept it and I can never set up a firm time but it came in handy when I was rehabilitating.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(05-09-2017, 06:22 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-09-2017, 06:09 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: Amish market? Is that one of those old timey stores that sell overpriced, all-natural, homemade products that are supposed to be super healthy?

It's not exactly a store, per se, it's a very large building filled with individual vendors, baker, fish monger, deli, meats, cheeses, Amish-made furniture, etc. The only thing I find to be overpriced is the furniture and other handmade items such as quilts.

Yeah the Amish are smart. They live like its 1699, but they take advantage of modern capitalism.

I was surprised to see how nice they are to us modern weirdos. I saw a season of the Vanilla Ice Project where he was working with the Amish on various construction projects.

My neighbour tried talking me into buying meat packs that way but shes a half witt so if its a good deal for her its most likely a rip off.
THANK YOU FOR POT SMOKING

I don't know what it's like there but it is cheaper here if you buy larger quantities. It's easy enough to repackage and freeze.
I don't do walmart at all if there is a way around it. Just do not trust them and I do not like the way they treat their vendors or employees.
So much shit from china and I sure as hell don't trust those guys with my food
As to on line grocery shopping, I think I will just keep picking out my own
Might try one of those Box delivery deals sometime though, just to be different...Blue Apron or the like

You're not the first person I've seen reference Blue Apron. Now I'm going to check it out.
(06-06-2017, 10:28 AM)Duchess Wrote:

I don't know what it's like there but it is cheaper here if you buy larger quantities. It's easy enough to repackage and freeze.
Yep its same here. But from the shop not online. I've tasted your usa meat, its so full of other stuff its not even meat. I think thats why it can get posted. Here it needs to be delivered in a refrigerated truck the same day so its more expensive.
(06-06-2017, 01:01 PM)Som Yung Ho Wrote: its so full of other stuff its not even meat.

I agree with this and that's why I buy most of the meat for my home from the Amish. I usually buy whatever produce is in season from them too.
(06-06-2017, 01:01 PM)Som Yung Ho Wrote: I've tasted your usa meat, its so full of other stuff its not even meat.

Exactly why I do not trust walmart, all that Chinese shit
I buy most of my meat and veggies at Publix, Beef sometimes at Winn Dixie and some from Costco.
I even read the origins labels.
Read the ingredients.
Hint, if you can keep it in your fridge for more than a day with out it going a bit brown its full of brine.
(06-06-2017, 01:01 PM)Som Yung Ho Wrote: [quote='Duchess' pid='453460' dateline='1496759292']
[size=medium][i]

its so full of other stuff its not even meat.

But its that other stuff that makes it taste so good! I want my mind control juices and fattening chemicals that make us slow and complacent.
With a side of chemtrails.