• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How many books have you read?
And what are some of your favorites?

My last great book

No Country for Old men.

Favorite from the past.

The Golden Orange.

Thousands of books read.
To Kill A Mockingbird, A Tale of Two Cities, A Wrinkle in Time, any Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys books, The Harry Potter book series, The Lord of the Rings books, any Star Trek book, Sex for Dummies, The Holy Bible, a few Quantum Leap books, Space Wolves' books, Superman comics and Green Eggs and Ham.

Really too many to name. I used to read a lot more when I was younger, now the books just sit on my bookcase collecting dust, making me look smart.
I've read plenty of books because I'm super duper smart.

My favorite was The Feynman Lectures on Physics, volume 3.
JK. Actually I read more books as a teenager than I do now, it's hard to make the time for it.

The last few books I've read was Anthony Bourdains's Kitchen Confidential, The Hypnotist and To Kill A Mockingbird. I've never read to kill a mockingbird so when my son brought it home from school one day I kept it and finally read it. I should probably return it back to the school library at some point.
Yeah I read To Kill A Mocking Bird and A Tale of Two Cities as required reading in high school, but I actually enjoyed reading them. Unlike the semi illiterate dummies that just read the Cliff Notes and scored better on the tests.
My guilty pleasure was reading the Harry potter books I received as a Christmas gift.
I liked the Talisman by Stephen King. It's kind of Harry Potterish in the way that it's in a different world with good and evil characters.

I used to be an avid reader so I've probably read thousands. What used to take me a few days now takes a month and it's never anything deep. It's hard to pick a favorite but I'll say it's Swan Song. Now that I'm talking about it, it makes me want to read it again.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Read thousands of books, until my eyes started going I was reading all the time. Then I discovered books on tape, over 600 books in my library now
I started reading battlefield earth by Hubbard about 6 months ago it's half way done. when I'm old and decrepit I may finish it.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Figuring I have been reading for WELL over 50 years, too many to count.

Right now I am in process of reading From a Buick 8 by Stephen King. Finding it horribly tedious to ready, but I am muddling through.

One I read often is A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith.

I am not much of an intellectual reader, I just read for pleasure. Though I have a morbid fascination with true crime, and books about forensics.

Suspense, mystery, that kind of stuff.
The Stand by Stephen King quite a good read. Have not read To Kill a Mockingbird since High School.
King has Long been one of my favorite writers, I have always liked the way he developed his characters, you feel like you know them.
He lost me with the wait between the gunslinger books.
Thousands! I love to read. My dream job would be to own a book store.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(06-07-2017, 06:49 PM)ramseycat Wrote: My dream job would be to own a book store.

I've seen you say that before. I love a book store, an old fashion one with sofas and big ol' chairs you sink into and one is encouraged to spend as much time as they want.

An if you start babblin on your phone you get thrown out.
My daughter had a practice ballet recital at the library today. I looked around and no one was reading books, they were all looking at their phones.
(06-07-2017, 08:56 PM)sally Wrote: My daughter had a practice ballet recital at the library today. I looked around and no one was reading books, they were all looking at their phones.

No one goes to library to read anymore just to use the free wifi and/or free computers.
(06-07-2017, 04:30 PM)BigMark Wrote: He lost me with the wait between the gunslinger books.

That one irritated me, had to wait for Years...
But then he started working it again so I got to do the whole series all the way through

Being made to wait for any goddamn thing sucks! I wait like 10 months for GoT. Makes me crazy.