SOCIAL MEDIA & YOUR JOB

What do you think about people losing their jobs for what they post on social media or losing their jobs for what they do in their free time? Do you see a problem with that or is it their responsibility to make sure they have a clean public image?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(08-14-2017, 01:40 PM)Duchess Wrote:

What do you think about people losing their jobs for what they post on social media or losing their jobs for what they do in their free time? Do you see a problem with that or is it their responsibility to make sure they have a clean public image?

I have no problem with an employer firing somebody for that.
I don't have a problem with it either. I have had employees that spent a shitload of time on the phone for personal business while on the clock, playing computer games and the like, that's stealing the same as actually taking company property.
Trashing the company or attempting to cause harm to the company on media is straight up wrong if your cashing the check
Being a perv on the net while working for a company that depends on a clean image is the same to me
I had to go on the downlow when all this political stuff was going on over here. Whatever you say can and will be held against you. It's getting out of control.
Now you know why we are still armed

I don't think the DMV Title Bureau cares what I do unless I get arrested for drunk driving or some other motor vehicle related crime and/or murder. Hell they didn't even bat an eye when I told them I got arrested for throwing traffic cones into some bushes. My supervisor laughed about it.

I've even heard co-workers talking openly and loudly about getting drunk during and after the Clambake and no one seems to care.

Also I don't have any of my co-workers as friends on social media so that probably helps too.

b

Yeah I see a problem with people loosing their jobs for social media posting of stuff "on their own time"! (As long as it's "not on company time", or using company equipment!)

That is, as long as there is no connection what so ever and or no mention of the company name where the person actually works! The company remains anonymous.

And as long as the person is not doing any thing illegal, grossly immoral, or committing a crime, that LEO's would be involved with, the person's employer does not have the right to "fire" the person because the employer doesn't like what was said.

As I've heard so many times on here, the person has First Amendment rights, right?!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

It doesn't matter what I think. What I think and what I do are 2 different things. I think people shouldn't do dumbass things on line and still expect to have a job-and when I say dumbass I mean call in sick but post otherwise etc etc, I mean come on, those sort of things are common sense.
What matters is what my company thinks or my boss thinks. Do I think it is right? Not neccesarily, but it is the way it is right now, so I take measures not to do or say stupid stuff that could get me fired.

I think it is unethical for people to look up one's social media before one gets hired and I studied about this subject in business law class. It is very interesting the number of people who do not know that this is unethical. Current resume trends are suggesting that one put on their resume social media information such as twitter accounts-that is bullshit. Unless one's job is to post on social media or be a public figure there is no place for that on a professional resume.
I'm all for it. My work just fired 2 people in the last few months for stupid shit they posted on FB. One threatened to beat another co-workers ass. The other girl didn't even have a FB page. hah The other dumbass posted her 300lb ass and her bfs 350lb ass canoeing down the river while she was milking her carpal tunnel hand surgery for 4 months on FMLA.
I'm all for social media profiles. The amount of information and intelligence that can be gleaned from them is fantastic. Can really make research and doing a job easier if someone is or has been active.

It's also why I have none, except for a Linkedin page.
(08-15-2017, 09:34 PM)Jimbone Wrote: I'm all for social media profiles. The amount of information and intelligence that can be gleaned from them is fantastic. Can really make research and doing a job easier if someone is or has been active.

I first became familiar with that ^^^^^^ being done when Johnny & Lisa were murdered. Apparently all those thugs had accounts and documented some crazy shit. Gobs of money when one didn't have a job, guns, drugs, etc.
The head of the public service here in Australia has said that if you disagree with the Government or if someone writes something on your Facebook page that is in conflict with the governments policies you can lose your job. So that is now how full on it is now.

I deactivated my account when shit was flying at it worst, and I am set to private and shit still gets out. My legal woes are still dangling and turns out won't be finalised for another 2 months. I am like should I deactivate or what. It fucks me up in the mind, but I also need to feel connected and not be intimidated by these cunts and they are cunts.
(08-20-2017, 12:42 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: The head of the public service here in Australia has said that if you disagree with the Government or if someone writes something on your Facebook page that is in conflict with the governments policies you can lose your job. So that is now how full on it is now.

Well that's pretty fucked up and Nazi-ish.
d

If the people who post "ant- establishment messages", and or"hate messages", and or "crimes they did" and or into "bullying other's" on FB are stupid enough (nasty enough) to "post the crap" on FB, then what ever happens they get what they deserve! IMO.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

That's pretty much how I feel too.
(08-20-2017, 05:27 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(08-20-2017, 12:42 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: The head of the public service here in Australia has said that if you disagree with the Government or if someone writes something on your Facebook page that is in conflict with the governments policies you can lose your job. So that is now how full on it is now.

Well that's pretty fucked up and Nazi-ish.

It was national news and even if you like something that is antigovernment on Facebook or other social media you will be in trouble. That's scary for employees.

I deactivated my account when shit was flying at it worst, and I am set to private and shit still gets out. My legal woes are still dangling and turns out won't be finalised for another 2 months. I am like should I deactivate or what. It fucks me up in the mind, but I also need to feel connected and not be intimidated by these cunts and they are cunts.

What legal trouble are you in?
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Oh Rams I cant spill the beans like that here in Mock. It's not criminal. It's standing up to corruption and it's a rough journey.
(08-20-2017, 11:56 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: Oh Rams I cant spill the beans like that here in Mock. It's not criminal. It's standing up to corruption and it's a rough journey.

You mention it constantly on here but can't talk about it. Ok.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
The women at work were messing with her about her lipstick. It was a real humdinger of a lawsuit.