All women remake of "Lord of the flies"
All-female Lord of The Flies remake faces backlash as it 'misses the point' and 'women wouldn't act like that'
The Telegraph Helena Horton,The Telegraph 8 hours ago
Reactions Sign in to like Reblog on Tumblr Share Tweet Email
There is to be a new Lord of The Flies film with a twist - all the people stranded on the island will be female. hell it was that or a documentary about the amazons or the isle of lesbos.

The adaptation of William Golding’s 1954 novel has faced backlash on social media as critics have accused it of "missing the point" women would not be arguing as much and would be pulling each others hair out instead.

Others have slammed the remake for being written about women, but by two men. as if men have ever been able to understand women. They are pigs.

Deadline reports that the male US film-making team of Scott McGehee and Evan Siegel has signed a team with Warner Bros to create the remake.

An all women remake of Lord of the Flies makes no sense because... the plot of that book wouldn't happen with all women.— roxane gay (@rgay) August 31, 2017
Mr McGehee said they were “taking the opportunity to tell it in a way it hasn’t been told before, with girls rather than boys, [which] shifts things in a way that might help people see the story anew.”

Some have voiced irritation that the remake is being written by two men:

me: we need more female-driven projects, representation matters!
hollywood: ALL FEMALE LORD OF THE FLIES WRITTEN BY TWO MENme: pic.twitter.com/c8dfxeHiy3— Raine Beckford (@RaineBeckford) August 31, 2017
An all female Lord of the flies written by two men... They're going to have them fighting about boys aren't they?— Carlos Adama (@Carlos_Adama) August 31, 2017
Two men are remaking Lord of the Flies with girls. Proving that they didn't understand it when they read it. Which is hilarious.— Aisling Twomey (@taisling) August 31, 2017
Feminist writer Roxane Gay commented that "the plot of that book wouldn't happen with all women". I mean no one even mentioned a Gucci bag and what about their makup? Not a one even mentions lipstick.

In the book, boys stranded on a desert island try to create order and peace while they wait to be rescued, but they eventually turn to violence and murder. Women would not become violent they would silently fart and blame the others creating a groundswell of aggravation towards one another.
Some have said the book is about "toxic masculinity" and therefore would not make sense with a female cast. Women do not arm wrestle that is just the way it is.

uhm lord of the flies is about the replication of systemic masculine toxicity
every 9th grader knows thisu can read about it on sparknotes https://t.co/EQFyuSA3MV— froy (@froynextdoor) August 31, 2017
The female-led Lord of the Flies wouldn't ever happen because women would just branch off into their own respective groups peacefully— rachel leishman (@RachelLeishman) August 30, 2017
One critic wrote: "The female-led Lord of the Flies wouldn't ever happen because women would just branch off into their own respective groups peacefully". only then would they plot to overthrow anyone "outside" of the group. Murder would be discussed only if there were a reasonable way to make it look like an accident.

I am all for diversity in Hollywood but.....all female Lord of the Flies is a no from me pic.twitter.com/PCrZa5pvFb— Age N. (@_BetterWithAge) August 31, 2017
The author said he made his book all-male because a group of men can be boiled down to be representative of society in a way that women, in his opinion, cannot. He said: “I think women are foolish to pretend they’re equal to men – they’re far superior, and always have been. although we may not be able to change a radiator we surely do know how to talk a male into doing it for us.

We're literally living an all-male "Lord of the Flies" right now, but sure, let's see two male writers describe how women would be worse.— Charles Clymer��️‍�� (@cmclymer) August 31, 2017
"But one thing you can not do with them is take a bunch of them and boil them down into a set of little girls who would then become a kind of image of civilisation, or society. That’s another reason why they aren’t little girls.”

However, Mr McGehee told Deadline that the film adaptation hopes to challenge "conventions, the ways we think of boys and aggression." And how women are the naggy bitches they truly are.

Mr Siegel said: “It is a timeless story that is especially relevant today, with the interpersonal conflicts and bullying, and the idea of children forming a society and replicating the behavior they saw in grownups before they were marooned.” as promised we will see that women have an inert ability to "scratch your eyes out" since the beginning of time.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/female-lord-f...13088.html
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

Bullshit women wouldn't resort to murder. Pfft. Have you see some of the crazies out there. Teenage young women are monsters, do you hear me, monsters. I've seen the vindictive nature of some women, I wouldn't put anything past them. I hate they share my species.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]

...and I don't like they are remaking Lord of the Flies. It's perfect the way it is.
They could fight with their gucci bags hah
Yet another stupid fucking PC gone amuck remake
Doesn't affect my world but holy shit
I kinda added some ZEST into that story to make it more "lively" I can only blame CNN and FOX and CNBC and all those jerks.

*gasp* FAKE! FAKE POSTING!
hah You could compare it with the link if you want.

Nah, just messin' wit ya. Awink
(08-31-2017, 01:59 PM)Duchess Wrote:

...and I don't like they are remaking Lord of the Flies. It's perfect the way it is.

They all remade Lord of the Flies several times already. Real Housewives of (wherever) and Keeping Up With the Kardassians.hah