Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Self driving cars
Did anyone actually NOT expect something like this to happen?

Woman killed by self driving car
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.

I heard about that earlier. I would never be a passenger in a self driving car and I don't want to share a road with one either.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I cannot believe anyone would think its a good idea especially in a place that snows a lot. But its getting pushed quite a bit and you know how that goes.
(03-19-2018, 04:29 PM)Maggot Wrote: I cannot believe anyone would think its a good idea especially in a place that snows a lot. But its getting pushed quite a bit and you know how that goes.
This tragedy is but one instance. Statistically, they could be safer than human operated vehicles. Time will tell. Pedestrian deaths are soaring right now and 99.9% of those deaths were at the hands of a human driver.
(03-19-2018, 04:05 PM)Maggot Wrote: Did anyone actually NOT expect something like this to happen?

Woman killed by self driving car

I learned my lesson not to trust self driving cars from Hot Tub Time Machine 2.

Here is the amazing thing an UBER self driving car needs to be corrected every 13 miles a Google self driving car needs correction every 5600 miles.
Is the Uber car female?
hah no but he has been convicted of a bunch of things, armed robbery, driving after suspension, driving without insurance not picking up his dogs poop..........OK I added that one.

BOOBER

Wait.........not that one this one.

Boober booby
Instead of dicking around with self driving cars they should be making a trailer that will follow the lead vehicle by a few feet, then when you get to a job site you can remote control the thing closer to the job without a truck being in the way. They could use a lithium battery and fold out the solar panel sides to charge it as it sits in the sun at a site. Then stick it behind the truck without a hitch and drive off with this thing microwaved in tow behind it.