Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The Mexican caravan is in for a rude awakening
They should be there this weekend knocking on the door, this should be good and I wonder if they will get a good washing from a fire hose. I hope they get their asses kicked.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Fuck that free lawnmowers for all!
You mean the caravan of Central American (not Mexican) migrants? Mexico is still located in North America.

The very same caravan in which Trump claims the women were raped "at levels never seen before" (though there are no reports of a single woman being raped, much less "at levels never seen before" - whatever the hell that means)?

The same caravan -- supported by humanitarian aid groups for refugees -- that makes the trek across Mexico each year without issue? The one which aims to bring attention to the plight of migrants seeking legal asylum from violence and poverty?

Regardless of FOX's lunacy when it comes to people of color and the President's lies and threats in response to the FOX story........at most, there will be a few hundred people (no really Mags, they are human beings) who will arrive at the border after having walked or ridden their bicycles peacefully for many hundreds of miles.

Some will likely be turned back, some will probably be allowed to go through the process of applying for asylum, and hopefully there will be no violence or use of force when they encounter Border Control or National Guard at the California border.

I don't think good Christians like you have to worry about those 'dirty' unfortunate people negatively impacting your lives. But, maybe if you're lucky, you'll get to watch with glee as some ass-kickings are inflicted upon them (though I sure hope you're denied that sick pleasure).
In that case case I rescind my generous offer.
I guess it's done every year. If they do it within legal boundaries they are fine if not............slam the door in their face. Hopefully they can pass any background checks. hah I have no problem whatsoever with legal immigrants but have a bunch of issues with illegal immigrants. At least they are entering through the welfare state of California.
(04-20-2018, 05:52 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: You mean the caravan of Central American (not Mexican) migrants? Mexico is still located in North America.

The very same caravan in which Trump claims the women were raped "at levels never seen before" (though there are no reports of a single woman being raped, much less "at levels never seen before" - whatever the hell that means)?

The same caravan -- supported by humanitarian aid groups for refugees -- that makes the trek across Mexico each year without issue? The one which aims to bring attention to the plight of migrants seeking legal asylum from violence and poverty?

Regardless of FOX's lunacy when it comes to people of color and the President's lies and threats in response to the FOX story........at most, there will be a few hundred people (no really Mags, they are human beings) who will arrive at the border after having walked or ridden their bicycles peacefully for many hundreds of miles.

Some will likely be turned back, some will probably be allowed to go through the process of applying for asylum, and hopefully there will be no violence or use of force when they encounter Border Control or National Guard at the California border.

I don't think good Christians like you have to worry about those 'dirty' unfortunate people negatively impacting your lives. But, maybe if you're lucky, you'll get to watch with glee as some ass-kickings are inflicted upon them (though I sure hope you're denied that sick pleasure).

You're getting much better at spinning things sista.
No I'm not Mags. It's always been easy to unspin the spiteful horeshit you swallow and post.

It's easy to be informed and live in reality; I'm not sure if you've grown too lazy or instead too contemptuous of 'others' to make the effort.

Everything I posted is true. And, there's nothing illegal about people fleeing violence and poverty to seek asylum. It's a right under international law. Mexico and the U.S. have processes to handle asylum applications.

Most of this year's migrants' final destination was Mexico, not the U.S. Mexico already deported those who were in violation of their immigration laws and is working with those who applied for asylum there.

The remainder who make it to the California border will be turning themselves into U.S. officials and requesting asylum here. Gaining asylum in the U.S. is very difficult. The applicants have to be able to prove their cases, which is often impossible. Over 75% of the migrants will end up being denied and deported.
Good thing all that processing and deporting is free.
Good one Biggie.78

Obviously it's not free, not here nor anyone else in the world.

It's a budgeted cost in the U.S. and everywhere else, though the U.S. takes in a lot less refugees than most other developed countries despite the fact that we're typically regarded as the most economically prosperous country in the world.

Our immigration laws and processes are a mess due to partisan pissing matches keeping our lawmakers from passing long-overdue immigration reform; that only adds to the cost.
Anyway, I don't expect you or Mags to stop feeling superior and contemptuous just because you were fortunate enough to be born and/or raised in the U.S.

And, like I said, maybe Mags will get lucky (and you too, if you're also hoping for violence) and be able to see these people get hosed down and have their asses kicked at the end of their long journey.

[Image: gettyimages-941417852.jpg?w=640&h=360&crop=1]

[Image: 180413-migrant-caravan2-al-1012_c5b987ca...60x380.jpg]

Why would any self professed Christian anywhere not want to help the less fortunate? I see a ton of people calling themselves Christian yet they don't walk the walk, lip service only. I would gladly help anyone in need, no questions asked, it would be an honor.

...and I'm a selfish individual. Dramaqueen
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I guess open borders and no protocol is required in any Democrat. I am amazed at the ability of many of them to agree with such a thing with no answer to what should be done. Trump gave an impressive answer by agreeing to give DACA and quite a few other immigrants here illegally a pass even when his own party did not agree yet the Democrats refused to be part of it. My thoughts are that because there was 3x the amount here illegally they were wary of committing to an overhaul. Blaming Trump for requiring a wall to be built and stopping future illegal entry was only ridiculed because the imaginary laws of immigration were not carried out properly.
Democrats again proved that they were partisan hacks that had no answer and were trying to promote open borders without openly proclaiming it. Todays question wpould be when was the last time Democrats even addressed the issue with meaningful dialog.

And this is where we are today with more partisan democratic hacks spewing absolutely nothing but "What about the children?"
My comment of water hoses was an off the cuff answer to any violence that may come from this "invasion" not a true determination of my belief that there is no hope for any immigrant as it has been told.
Spin and deflection and I congratulate the spinners for once again proving my point.
On a side note bringing religion into the discussion is "icing on the cake" Really? Suddenly seeing God or something?
^ There's so much bullshit in that post that I won't even pick it apart. Mags.

For those who don't already know and are interested in the facts about the migrants, the BI-PARTISAN and Independent rejection of Trump's $20 billion funding demand to build a physical wall which he swore hundreds of times that Mexico would pay for, the President's ever-shifting demands in exchange for DACA extension (which the courts have now settled for the time being and have nothing to do with the migrant caravan), Republican Senate Majority Leader McConnell's announcement about not being able to move forward with a permanent DACA solution due to Trump's inconsistency and incoherence on the matter, the problem of eminent domain associated with The Wall concept, etc............interviews and indisputable facts are readily available at credible sources.
(04-21-2018, 11:22 AM)Maggot Wrote: I guess open borders and no protocol is required in any Democrat.

I don't agree with open borders nor do I agree with people bypassing protocol.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Well after looking at my newly sprung tulips I only have this to say to any Democrat. I believe things could happen if both sides learned to just be normal. But I'm beginning to think that's an ideological impossibility. But it will not stop me from trying.

When people post the facts (simply truths, not partisan rhetoric) which contradict or disagree with your comments, you almost always write it off to them being Democrats......as if everyone who posts a counterpoint is a Democrat, all Democrats are the same, and somehow all Democrats are less knowing than you. Or, you attribute it to some other kind of partisanship, yet again.

Countering doesn't mean that friendship isn't present, Mags. Some people, friends included, just prefer to tell it like it is. Blowing-kisses
If they make it across the border i'll spring for a bus to take them to HOTD's house.
(04-21-2018, 01:29 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: When people post the facts (simply truths, not partisan rhetoric) which contradict or disagree with your comments, you almost always write it off to them being Democrats......as if everyone who posts a counterpoint is a Democrat, all Democrats are the same, and somehow all Democrats are less knowing than you. Or, you attribute it to some other kind of partisanship, yet again.

Countering doesn't mean that friendship isn't present, Mags. Some people, friends included, just prefer to tell it like it is. Blowing-kisses

Facts that are disseminated and dolled out in a partisan way are simply not a mirrored good example of public opinion. Even as opinion is not immersed in fact, the separation of partisan facts are wide and in that you have to agree.

Or you have to admit that party lines are not really a true barometer of ideological differences. In which I pray you are correct. For the good of all.

Or you have to wonder if you will do laundry today or not. Perspective is everything.
Or have some central american do it for you.
That reminds me...........I need some raking and lawn work done, maybe a little pool masonry.