Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FUN & INTERESTING
Does that describe you? I ask because I just ordered a rug for my office and I'm pretty fuckin' excited about it. It occurred to me in that moment that I am goddamn boring.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Fucking ay!
Yeah. It's pitiful.
Less weed, more speed.
A nice bearskin rug?

[Image: tmg-article_default_mobile.jpg]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
[Image: n83qQ0A.jpg]
I had a custom rug made to go under my bed and it was the most exciting thing I did all week. To me stuff like that is fun.
I bet the one on top is pretty interesting as well.
(03-11-2019, 02:35 PM)sally Wrote: I had a custom rug made to go under my bed and it was the most exciting thing I did all week. To me stuff like that is fun.

It's fun for me too.

It took me two days to talk myself out of getting a white one. Jesus.   78
I almost got a white one too, a big, luxurious soft white carpet. Than I went with a light tan instead.
My old boss went to rio de Janeiro and put white shag carpet on the floor and walls, went through a million dollars in a year partying like a rockstar.
Mine is an 8x10 shag and it cost $1600 bucks. I want one for my living room too but my husband said he's against paying another $1600 bucks to look like Austin Powers lives here. The shag rugs are what's in now.
Fuck em, we all know who wears the pants in the family.
(03-11-2019, 01:09 PM)Duchess Wrote: Does that describe you? I ask because I just ordered a rug for my office and I'm pretty fuckin' excited about it. It occurred to me in that moment that I am goddamn boring.

Well, if that's the criteria, I'm goddamn boring right along with you and Sal.

I had hardwood floors throughout the SF house and  6 area rugs partially covering them.  I tossed all the rugs in the move.

We really liked the gray and yellow exterior at the SF house and missed that modern industrial feel a bit.  So, I got a gray/black/wihite/yellow area rug for the new AZ kitchen to bring some of that vibe here, which was kind of exciting.  

I also love a combination of textures and decided to use a bunch of my old stuff from different rooms in the new kitchen area, with a new dining table  This is the kitchen, nook, dining space............with wood, rattan, shag, suede, steel, leather, tweed, etc...

[Image: 19668144-9d6e-4f8a-a212-745fde34dc37-ori...fit=bounds]
Woa, that is a nice lookin place HotD!

I want pictures of Duchess and sally's rugs.

I finally had to get rugs also, I have never lived in a place that wasn't carpeted, it isn't hardwood, I think it is just linolieum. My friend brought her rugs over for me because she knew I would get cold this winter. She was right. But now I want better looking ones. Never shopped for rugs before!
(People in the mountains made some on looms and I never did. Wish I had now)

(03-12-2019, 01:34 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 01:09 PM)Duchess Wrote: Does that describe you? I ask because I just ordered a rug for my office and I'm pretty fuckin' excited about it. It occurred to me in that moment that I am goddamn boring.

Well, if that's the criteria, I'm goddamn boring right along with you and Sal.

I had hardwood floors throughout the SF house and  6 area rugs partially covering them.  I tossed all the rugs in the move.

We really liked the gray and yellow exterior at the SF house and missed that modern industrial feel a bit.  So, I got a gray/black/wihite/yellow area rug for the new AZ kitchen to bring some of that vibe here, which was kind of exciting.  

I also love a combination of textures and decided to use a bunch of my old stuff from different rooms in  the new kitchen area, with a new dining table  This is the kitchen, nook, dining space............with wood, rattan, shag, suede, steel, leather, tweed, etc...

[Image: 19668144-9d6e-4f8a-a212-745fde34dc37-ori...fit=bounds]

in Az. that is called a sun room.
That is really nice and it looks like your new place gets a lot more natural light than the SF house.
Gah, you mixed chairs!
I like the mixed chairs. It adds character while still being cohesive and works with her personal style rather than looking like she furnished the whole place from Rooms To Go.
I have six of those windsor chairs in perfect condition to give to the goodwill.