DEATH & CREMATION
Do you know anyone who has been cremated? Is it appealing to you for when your time comes?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It's really not going to matter when you're dead. I do like the thought of going out and feeding the fish though.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
I'd like a green burial with a tree planted over my rotting corpse.
Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
I used to think I'd rather be buried, but my mom wanted to be cremated and have her ashes spread under the big oak tree in my yard. The dogs ashes are under the tree as well. May as well just burn me and my husband and throw us under the tree too. It's the easiest cheapest way so fuck it.
There's this option.

https://www.sciencecare.com/
I was at the crematorium today for 12 an hr and was looking at some ductwork. I went down to the "furnace" and the guy showed me the bucket that they put the titanium hips and elbows and stuff. They get good money to recycle that metal  and he said it goes back into the fund that takes care of the homeless that get burned. I bet you can't guess what they do with those ashes. 

Anyways they are getting a new heating system and I took pictures and notes with a sub contractor. I hate working for free but I've known plenty of people that have gone there and was wondering how they did it. It was interesting and the smell was the same that I remembered kinda a sweet smell that lingers in the back of your throat and nose.
(06-07-2019, 06:33 PM)Maggot Wrote: a sweet smell

Every murder mystery I've read has described it like that.

Now I'm wondering if dead people smell like dead animals. Probably, right?
Ya know what else is down there? A wall 3 layers thick filled with cardboard boxes with ashes in them some have been there for over 50 years. They sit waiting for someone to claim them. There must have been 100 of them.

Now I'm wondering if the guy talks to them.
My dad had that exact sweet smell Maggot describes, but it was at an open casket funeral and he died weeks ago. Drug overdose. When my mom died I literally showed up 30 seconds afterwards and put my arms around her and cried like I never cried before. No smell obviously. She just died seconds ago. The sweet smell is decomposising flesh and it oddly smells like the flowers they put on the casket spray.
I held their hands and didn't think to look at their life lines. Mine is short, like I should be ready to croak any minute now.
(06-03-2019, 04:44 PM)Rootilda Wrote: I'd like a green burial with a tree planted over my rotting corpse.

I like that image
(06-07-2019, 06:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I've smelled dead animals and they definitely didn't smell sweet.
(06-08-2019, 01:38 PM)Rootilda Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 06:38 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I've smelled dead animals and they definitely didn't smell sweet.

Animals are different. Birds smell old and dusty. Roadkill smell goes away fast.
I hope I never smell a dead person and I'm not crazy about seeing one either.
One day you wake up dead.

Dead people smell 10x worse than dead animals. And once you've smelled it, you never forget it.

I think the sweet smell comes from the mortuary chemicals.