Herbert Hoover was god damn brilliant
I'm sure no one here is interested in this sort of thing and to be honest, I usually don't watch this program but damn.  Hoover was a very impressive human being and it's kind of tragic that the thing he's most remembered for is the great depression (thanks FDR, you asshole.)

Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
And you knew who you were then, girls were girls and men were men, Mister we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again
Good God almighty! Is Sally quoting Archie Bunker? Ahahahahaha!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Herbert Hoover a man with a good fashion sense. Always had his hands on the purse strings of America. Great gams also.
(10-20-2019, 11:53 AM)Rootilda Wrote: I'm sure no one here is interested in this sort of thing and to be honest, I usually don't watch this program but damn.  Hoover was a very impressive human being and it's kind of tragic that the thing he's most remembered for is the great depression (thanks FDR, you asshole.)

My boss watches that show so I took the time to watch, I know they often profile interesting people. I'm glad I did. I didn't know any of that stuff about Hoover. It's a shame the Depression overrides all his accomplishments.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
You are Trash, Duchess.
Your trash is my treasure.
Duchess is a class act, as far as I'm concerned.  

She also heads a forum where most trash talk of any kind and frequency is not subject to banning and, thankfully, she's an avid contributor to the discussions with her own strong opinions.

When there's a regular poster who follows other regulars around to spew personal trash at/about them ad naseum -- some of it being 
baser and lower than a lot of us would go -- Duchess can on rare occasion talk some trash about/to them in return.  

So what?  I don't care, even when her retorts are not ones I'd personally toss out.
Anyway, the trash talkers who expend a lot of keystrokes obsessively dishing it out are usually also the biggest whine bags and hypocrites who can't let anything go and move on.  We've had a few over the years that I've been here, Fry Guy being the latest. 

Whenever anyone tosses trash back at them and hits them with something that really stings...........they predictably, hypocritically and self-righteously try to state what's permitted and what's not permitted at Mock and define 'morality' in terms that suit their own sensitivities and absolves themselves.  

The others didn't routinely advertise their butthurt and continue their obsessive trash talking in space-sucking sig lines, but there's no rule against that here either.

Anyway, I agree with Mags and Sal that, like everyone else, Fry Guy can say what he wants.  And, others can do the same in response, or just ignore it if they find it boring as shit.   Same as it ever was.
(10-21-2019, 11:36 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Duchess is a class act, as far as I'm concerned.  

She also heads a forum where most trash talk of any kind and frequency is not subject to banning and, thankfully, she's an avid contributor to the discussions with her own strong opinions.

When there's a regular poster who follows other regulars around to spew personal trash at/about them ad naseum -- some of it being 
baser and lower than a lot of us would go -- Duchess can on rare occasion talk some trash about/to them in return.  

So what?  I don't care, even when her retorts are not ones I'd personally toss out.

Duchess is trash. The lowest of the low.
(10-21-2019, 11:37 AM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: Anyway, the trash talkers who expend a lot of keystrokes obsessively dishing it out are usually also the biggest whine bags and hypocrites who can't let anything go and move on.  We've had a few over the years that I've been here, Fry Guy being the latest. 

Whenever anyone tosses trash back at them and hits them with something that really stings...........they predictably, hypocritically and self-righteously try to state what's permitted and what's not permitted at Mock and define 'morality' in terms that suit their own sensitivities and absolves themselves.  

The others didn't routinely advertise their butthurt and continue their obsessive trash talking in space-sucking sig lines, but there's no rule against that here either.

Anyway, I agree with Mags and Sal that, like everyone else, Fry Guy can say what he wants.  And, others can do the same in response, or just ignore it if they find it boring as shit.   Same as it ever was.

Sure Snowflake
I for one like my Hoover it gets in the nocks and crannies better than a bum in a movie theater. Many people have had their foot broken when they put it in a door only to have the door slammed on it selling the freakin things. They are few and far between yet there they are saying "buy my shit"
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Now when you buy it that's not good enough. THEY WANT YOU TO OWN IT!
Rainbow vacuums were ahead of their time.
I called my ex girlfriend Kirby, is that gay?
Well they were reliable...........

(10-20-2019, 11:53 AM)Rootilda Wrote: I'm sure no one here is interested in this sort of thing and to be honest, I usually don't watch this program but damn.  Hoover was a very impressive human being and it's kind of tragic that the thing he's most remembered for is the great depression (thanks FDR, you asshole.)

That really was interesting Rootilda.

Herbert Hoover was a for-real  (self-made) businessman, turned politician, who could and did negotiate deals for the greater good. 

His brilliance didn't allow him to come up with effective solutions to solve the Great Depression, but he went down trying.

I've watched his great grand-daughter Margaret Hoover a few times on Firing Line.  I like her alright; a conservative who also advocates for gay and civil rights.  The two shouldn't be mutually exclusive, but they are increasingly so in today's political climate. 

Anyway, I'm gonna get my hands on Kenneth Whyte's biography and give it a read when I get a chance.
Are you trying to convince us you read?

That's retarded
Trashy Hotd!