Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A very big fish
37 lbs lake trout broke the state record by 9 lbs yesterday a very big fish, They estimate it is 60 yrs old.

[Image: NH-State-Record-Lake-Trout.jpg]
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
hah   they said that it was the oldest living fish, and I'm like "yeah,  it's dead now "
Nobody drills a hole in the ice that big, he must have been hacking at the ice with a hatchet to make it big enough to pull out. He had someone there to keep the line from getting cut on a jagged edge and they held onto the fish until someone else could chop the hole bigger. Frozen fingers for sure!  Smiley_emoticons_razz
Oh, I thought it was you Maggot! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
That is a HUGE FISH! Would someone eat something like that? It seems a shame to catch it. Let it Go!!!!!!!!!!

There is a Diner that is having it stuffed as long as they can display it for 2 yrs. Then they will give it back. It may cost over 4000.00 to get it stuffed.
(03-02-2020, 03:02 PM)Maggot Wrote: Nobody drills a hole in the ice that big, he must have been hacking at the ice with a hatchet to make it big enough to pull out. He had someone there to keep the line from getting cut on a jagged edge and they held onto the fish until someone else could chop the hole bigger. Frozen fingers for sure!  Smiley_emoticons_razz

I don't think he had all that much trouble with the ice.   We haven't had a long enough cold snap to make the ice that thick.  I haven't put on my ice skates all winter.