Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scallops
I cannot get enough of these tender morsels from heaven!!!

Ingredients
  • 1 pkg ButcherBox Sea Scallops

• 6 slices ButcherBox Bacon

• 1 Tbsp ghee or avocado oil

• 1 tsp kosher salt

• ½ tsp black pepper

• 1 ea lemon juiced and zested

• 1 c heavy cream
Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 400℉.

• Place bacon slices on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, then flip slices and continue to bake until crispy, approximately 10 more minutes.

• Once bacon has cooled, finely chop and set aside.

• Dry thawed scallops between paper towels. Let scallops come to room temperature, then season with salt and pepper.

• Preheat a nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add ghee or oil to hot pan. Place scallops flat side down. Sear without moving for 1½ - 2 minutes or until you have a nice brown sear.

• Flip scallops to other flat side and add lemon juice, cook for 1 minute. Remove scallops from pan, set aside.

• Add cream, lemon zest and half of the finely chopped bacon to pan, reduce heat to medium-low. Stir constantly. Once cream starts to reduce return scallops to pan, keeping the nice brown sear side up.

• Finish reducing cream about 2 minutes. Sprinkle the rest of the bacon crumbs on top of scallops and enjoy!
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Next up...........Fish.
[Image: flopping-fish.gif]
I took a trip off the mountain today and went to the sea. Guys down in New Castle are selling lobsters right off the boat. Hubs is currently enjoying a lobster sandwich
I gotta get down there this week!
A lobster sandwich? Wow! What does that even look like? What is on it?

I love scallops by the way. I love all seafood. I will not be making any more purchases however since i just bought all that salmon. I wonder if I will get sick of it. I am going to have it at least once a week.

I’ve never had a lobster sandwich either, but it sounds good.

We used to go to Rosarito Beach, in Mexico near the CA border, a couple of times a year for lobster tacos.

Man, they were great (and cheap). Just lobster in a homemade corn tortilla, a squeeze of lemon, and some hot salsa — even better with a few beers and a shot of tequila.
Is a lobster sandwich the same as a lobster roll? I've had a lobster roll. $15 for a mostly lettuce and mayo sandwich.
(03-29-2020, 01:59 PM)cannongal Wrote: I took a trip off the mountain today and went to the sea.  Guys down in New Castle are selling lobsters right off the boat.  Hubs is currently enjoying a  lobster sandwich

How much per lbs. ?
(03-31-2020, 02:39 PM)Maggot Wrote:
(03-29-2020, 01:59 PM)cannongal Wrote: I took a trip off the mountain today and went to the sea.  Guys down in New Castle are selling lobsters right off the boat.  Hubs is currently enjoying a  lobster sandwich

How much per lbs. ?

I paid 60 for 12 pounds of fresh (yes, right off the boat) of lobbies.  I can pm you the guy.  Hey accepts cash & credit, but cash has to be the exact amount.
That's not bad at all. I was in Epping today looking at a building and stayed to long. I just wanted to get outta there. Maybe tomorrow.
(03-31-2020, 08:34 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: Is a lobster sandwich the same as a lobster roll? I've had a lobster roll. $15 for a mostly lettuce and mayo sandwich.
I believe so. You didn't get a good one, some places go too skimpy with the lobster meat. A good lobster roll will have nothing but a good amount of lobster mixed with a little celery and mayo on a buttered and toasted New England style hotdog roll.
I dont like killing them, but I sure do like eating them.
I can't stand it when people put crabs in the pot here. It's awful. They're alive and trying like hell to get out. I can hear them in my head now clicking on the sides of the crab pot. Fucking hell. Eastern shore blue crab. Shiiiit. They are the undertakers of the sea.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(03-31-2020, 08:34 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: Is a lobster sandwich the same as a lobster roll? I've had a lobster roll. $15 for a mostly lettuce and mayo sandwich.
Yes,  I called it a sandwich because of the bread used.  No sub rolls at the store,  and I didn't try a different store.    

I have never paid 15 bucks for a lobster roll in my life.  A lobster roll should contain mostly lobster,  with a bit of mayo, garlic,  and onion.  1 lettuce leaf on the bun
(04-01-2020, 08:45 PM)cannongal Wrote:
Yes,  I called it a sandwich because of the bread used.  No sub rolls at the store,  and I didn't try a different store.    

I have never paid 15 bucks for a lobster roll in my life.  A lobster roll should contain mostly lobster,  with a bit of mayo, garlic,  and onion.  1 lettuce leaf on the bun
Well that explains why the McLobster roll never became a permanent menu item. So little lobster, for so big a price.