Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving
It's amazing how different kids are. My son who is 13 can drive my truck to the store and get gas if I let him, but my Daughter even after 20-30 hrs of driving is still unsure of herself. I'm pulling what little hair I have left out of my ears when I get into that stinkin car to go out for another hr with her.

I don't yell, I don't scream but I do sigh quite a bit as I correct her misgivings and insecurities.

Pray for me..........Please.

I was driving when I was 10
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Women are naturally more cautious than men. It's a good thing, don't complain.
She's doing better..........But she did say after I bitched that she didn't stop at a stop sign and just went into the road that "This is why I hate you!!!!" .............I feel as though my message is getting out.  hah   she laughed about it after. But I guess I'll be O.K.
How old are you?
(05-09-2020, 09:25 PM)BigMark Wrote: How old are you?

58.........why?
your kids are young, is your wife a filipina.
i'm 55 and have a 36 and 26 year old.
I'm 44 and have an 8, 22 and 26 year old.
Dang I thought Mark was like 18.

I'm same age as Sally. No kids.

I have to report this thing. Today i brought my kid out into a 2 lane kinda highway and it was fine, we stopped at the store/gas station and headed back. I told her she needed to get into the left hand lane .....zoom she starts going over, I say did you look in your mirror, zoom.......an SUV almost side swipped us. I grabbed the wheel we were doing about 40 MPH. and said, you really gotta look in the mirror before you do that as I've told her a zillion times.

So we are getting to the stop light and i say you gotta get over all the way to the left to take a left on our road, take a left get over, take a left get over, take a le........I had to grab the wheel because she was heading for the ass end of the car in front of us.

I really cannot take this shit.
I taught most of my nieces and nephews how to drive.   I also taught my step kids how to drive.  I taught my first born how to drive.   But my baby,   the kid who is 20 and can manage a grocery store during  a pandemic,  with one hand tied behind his back? 

He knows where the fucking brake pedal is,  that's for sure.   He gets upset at me for turning the radio down off, but he pulls over to talk.   

He gets behind the wheel,  and acts like its the scariest shit he's ever seen.
(05-14-2020, 12:52 AM)cannongal Wrote: I taught most of my nieces and nephews how to drive.   I also taught my step kids how to drive.  I taught my first born how to drive.   But my baby,   the kid who is 20 and can manage a grocery store during  a pandemic,  with one hand tied behind his back? 

He knows where the fucking brake pedal is,  that's for sure.   He gets upset at me for turning the radio down off, but he pulls over to talk.   

He gets behind the wheel,  and acts like its the scariest shit he's ever seen.
Driving is scary. I still find myself gripping the wheel tight even when driving normally.
I was doing 90 through LA traffic yesterday. 186 miles round trip.
(05-14-2020, 11:05 AM)BigMark Wrote: I was doing 90 through LA traffic yesterday. 186 miles round trip.
I've been told I have a lead foot and drive like a NASCAR racecar driver, but still it's scary driving sometimes.
I'm catching up on threads and I should have started with this one! It's great! Man. Learning how to drive. Old boyfriends taught me and I took my road test in a North Country winter. I think it was the only time I've ever parallel parked. 

I couldn't do what Maggot is doing. Not for love or money. I would be afraid I was going to die, which is exactly how I feel whenever I travel the Beltway. Oh gawd.

I can't believe Mark has a 36 yr. old offspring!

...and Love Child, you're all of 14, don't give me that shit about being 40-something. You're not old enough to buy booze.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-14-2020, 02:08 PM)Duchess Wrote: I'm catching up on threads and I should have started with this one! It's great! Man. Learning how to drive. Old boyfriends taught me and I took my road test in a North Country winter. I think it was the only time I've ever parallel parked. 

I couldn't do what Maggot is doing. Not for love or money. I would be afraid I was going to die, which is exactly how I feel whenever I travel the Beltway. Oh gawd.

...and Love Child, you're all of 14, don't give me that shit about being 40-something. You're not old enough to buy booze.
I dont think Love Child is that young, but I think she is like 35. No way she is in her 40's. Or maybe she is like my sister in law who is forever 29.
(05-14-2020, 06:51 PM)Clang McFly Wrote: I dont think Love Child is that young

Shhhh. Hush yur mouf and let me fuck with her.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(05-14-2020, 06:51 PM)Clang McFly Wrote:
(05-14-2020, 02:08 PM)Duchess Wrote: I'm catching up on threads and I should have started with this one! It's great! Man. Learning how to drive. Old boyfriends taught me and I took my road test in a North Country winter. I think it was the only time I've ever parallel parked. 

I dont think Love Child is that young, but I think she is like 35. No way she is in her 40's. Or maybe she is like my sister in law who is forever 29.

So my 16 year old grandson asked how old I was, and I said, 39 and holding!

After thinking for a minute, he then asked how old would you be if you let go? hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

Who the hell was it that said they were 39? I gotta look back now. I wanna say jack Benny but have to dbl. check. It was Jack I think. Funny fuck he was.
I do hate taking that kid out...........It's like driving around with a drunk Monkey. with peanuts spread all over the dashboard. My seatbelt does not give me comfort or a level of safety that makes me feel any type of comfortable. I know booze is the best thing for me when I gat home. Geez!!!!!!