Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RIOTING IN THE UNITED STATES
Wish I would have thought to start this thread sooner.

Sooo, Attorney General Bill Barr has directed the Bureau of Prisons to send riot teams to Miami & DC. I don't see this ending well, not at all and I don't think this is a well thought out plan. Riot teams are trained to deal with the worst of the worst, not citizens who throw bottles & break windows.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
It is with deep regret I have to inform you white supremacists just murdered 24 disadvantaged Black kids and wounded 66 in the Chicago suburbs this past weekend. If that doesn't start a race war nothing will.
I called someone the N word in Mock. More than once.

I own a Confederate flag. I don't fly it. It's in a drawer in my office and sometimes I think it was a stupid, shitty thing to buy, like right now. After I bought it I draped it over my car and posted a picture in Mock. What an asshole.  78
The rioting is going to give the idiot in chief and other politicians a reason to enact matial law.  Do those people really want Trump's ideas of ML?
I am watching what was a 100% peaceful protest (in DC) and suddenly the cops came in on horses, more of them began to line the streets and suddenly they started throwing those flash bang things. Nothing at all happened to bring that on and now there is semi-chaos. 
Firing teargas into peaceful protesters. How about that shit. In America. MAGA!
....annnnnd now trump announces his decision to use the military against American citizens.
He's desperate to stay in office, at any cost.
Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
Any video of peaceful protesters being victimized? I don't seam to be able to find any. Were they not social distancing?
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Rock salt why doesn't anyone with a business get a bunch of people with rock salt. I would not be nice if it was my place that was getting taken apart after 3 months of shutdown.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Trump's photo op after he had the military tear gas the PEACEFUL protesters outside the White House earlier.  I'm surprised God didn't strike him down for this blasphemy.

[Image: Eg2NPwX.png]
The secret service was decimated due to extreme restraint what planet do you live on?
Fuck off, troll.
Once again we play truth or consequences.
(06-01-2020, 07:30 PM)Maggot Wrote: Any video of peaceful protesters being victimized? I don't seam to be able to find any. Were they not social distancing?

Yes.
Videos, pictures and personal accounts from clergy about Trump clearing them away from the front of the church.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2020/06/01/white-house-protesters-donald-trump-white-speech-sot-vpx.cnn/video/playlists/george-floyd-death-protests-minneapolis/?fbclid=IwAR1M2RYG1M0cZ7Q45jGKXRy1VFlTqZibnvqVWrd26SqidPrdgDIK6nE8ghM

ELCA Bishop Eaton

The president used federal troops to clear a path through peaceful protesters in order to stand before an Episcopal church make a statement and hold up a bible. Neither the priest nor the bishop were consulted or warned. Not only was this manipulative it was desecration.

Gini Gerbasi from St John church

Friends, I am ok, but I am, frankly shaken. I was at St. John's, Lafayette Square most of the afternoon, with fellow clergy and laypeople - and clergy from some other denominations too. We were passing out water and snacks, and helping the patio area at St. John's, Lafayette square to be a place of respite and peace. All was well - with a few little tense moments - until about 6:15 or so. By then, I had connected with the Black Lives Matter medic team, which was headed by an EMT. Those people were AMAZING. They had been on the patio all day, and thankfully had not had to use much of the eyewash they had made. Around 6:15 or 6:30, the police started really pushing protestors off of H Street (the street between the church and Lafayette Park, and ultimately, the White House. They started using tear gas and folks were running at us for eyewashes or water or wet paper towels. At this point, Julia, one of our seminarians for next year (who is a trauma nurse) and I looked at each other in disbelief. I was coughing, her eyes were watering, and we were trying to help people as the police - in full riot gear - drove people toward us.

(There is more of this post, but I think the first paragraph explains quite a bit)

You probably won't believe this guy
or will discount any news sources I use.

I have heard countless accounts of peaceful protests being interupted for no reason by police in riot gear.

(06-01-2020, 09:52 PM)BigMark Wrote:  what planet do you live on?

The same question could be asked of you.
(06-02-2020, 01:13 AM)MirahM Wrote: personal accounts from clergy about Trump clearing them away from the front of the church.

The bishop who oversees the church trump went to said that neither she nor the rector were told trump was going to be using teargas to clear out peaceful protesters so that he could use the church as a prop. Someone would have to be blind, deaf and dumb not to see that as the photo op it was. He abused his power AGAIN and hurt Americans for a fuckin' photo-op.
Yep.
Disgusting.

Bishop Mariann Budde said the president used a bible and one of the churches in her diocese without her permission as a backdrop for a message antithetical  to the teachings of Jesus and everything her churches stand for. trump didn't pray, he didn't go into the church, he didn't offer any words of comfort. He had his people use force through rubber bullets & teargas to not only clear a path to the church but his people went on to clear the church's patio of clergy and others who were there handing out water and helping those who had been gassed.
(06-02-2020, 04:24 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(06-02-2020, 01:13 AM)MirahM Wrote: personal accounts from clergy about Trump clearing them away from the front of the church.

The bishop who oversees the church trump went to said that neither she nor the rector were told trump was going to be using teargas to clear out peaceful protesters so that he could use the church as a prop. Someone would have to be blind, deaf and dumb not to see that as the photo op it was. He abused his power AGAIN and hurt Americans for a fuckin' photo-op.

Why should LEO inform clergy of the methods they would employ to clear out people?  Assembled persons were informed to clear the area on more than one occasion.  They failed to comply.

Where is the outrage and condemnation from the bishop and the dioceses regarding the vandalism, to the church, done by protestors?  Yes . . . protestors!  That's how the rector of the church described the vandals.

"The fire that rioters set at St. John's Church Sunday night is out and the damage could have been "a lot worse," according to an email sent by Rev. Rob Fisher, rector of St. John’s, early Monday morning.

"I am happy to share with you that I could see no other real damage besides that one room, and quite a bit of graffiti and debris around the exterior of the church," Fisher said.

He added: "Protestors easily could have done a lot worse to our buildings, but they chose not to do that. (The damage I saw to other nearby buildings illustrated this point.)" 

Wait?  Were they rioters or protestors?  Seems the rector might be a tad confused.

Can I get a *Thank-you, Jesus!*

Everyone is turning this shit show into a photo op . . . not just Trump.

What I didn't see was a prayer rally by the bishop for calm, peace, forgiveness and healing.

The church is a supposed sanctuary for all . . . all are to be welcomed.  Except Trump and the First Lady.

What hypocrisy! 

Keep your flock safe, bishop!  Get and keep them the fuck out potential harm's way!

How about following George Floyd's brother's advice?

Take a breath, for fuck's sake and practice the teachings of Jesus.