Covid vaccine
If a covid vaccine was made available tomorrow,   would you be in line, knowing it was fresh out of a lab?
I would wait at least a couple of months to a 12 year.

I would wait for the line to go down but sure.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
(11-20-2020, 12:57 AM)cannongal Wrote: would you be in line, knowing it was fresh out of a lab?

hah  No!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Haven't got my flu shot in years,I doubt I'll ever get the kung flu shot
Don't worry just wear a mask for a few months that will stop the flu.  hah at least it will make people happy right?
(11-20-2020, 02:31 PM)Maggot Wrote: Don't worry just wear a mask for a few months that will stop the flu.  hah at least it will make people happy right?
I only wear my mask at work and grocery /beer stores. I'm supposed to wear it at the apartment when I do laundry and pick up my mail from my mailbox but fuck that.
Just saw Dr. Fauci on a on air interview. He said he's in favor of people taking the vaccine when it becomes available, and that it is definitely safe! He's basing that on medical test results data! So get in line, behind me!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

(11-20-2020, 02:31 PM)Maggot Wrote: Don't worry just wear a mask for a few months that will stop the flu.  hah at least it will make people happy right?

I've been wearing just the face shield at work and today my service manager thinks I am supposed to wear a mask along with it. Fuck that. So its back to just mask wearing for me. I saw the memo she is talking about-and they want people to wear a face shield when they are taking another employee's temperature since they have to be closer than 6 feet to do so.

They fucking hold it in front of thier face and they don't wipe it off after someone else has worn it FFS!

Don't worry, Covide only comes out after 10pm and stops at 7am. I hear their unions are in deliberations.
Isn't that some of the dumbest shit. I feel the same way about the lame and too small plexiglass shields.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
23 out of 30,000 who recieved the vaccine in Norway died. I can't seem to find stats in other countries. I was looking up Norway for another reason this morning and found this article.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/15/23-die-in-...9-vaccine/

Twenty-three people died in Norway within days of receiving their first dose of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine, with 13 of those deaths — all nursing home patients — apparently related to the side effects of the shots, health officials said.

Common reactions to the vaccine, including fever and nausea, “may have contributed to a fatal outcome in some frail patients,” Sigurd Hortemo, chief physician at the Norwegian Medicines Agency, said in a Friday statement.

All 13 were nursing home patients and at least 80 years old. While officials aren’t expressing serious concern, they are adjusting their guidance on who should receive the vaccine.

No, I'm fairly certain the whole covid thing is a bunch of bullshit. I know it's a real virus and it exists and for many it is deadly. Just like the fucking flu that no one ever gave a fuck about so the media had nothing to overblow and drive everyone insane. I dont take the flu shot either.
If I were an old person like maggot or cars with the grim reaper on my ass I'd probably take it though. They were alive back with the little rascals and small pox.
I know firsthand, unfortunately, that Covid isn't bullshit. 

My niece qualifies for the vaccine because she's a health care worker.  And, in Arizona, my mom now qualifies as someone 75+ years old.

They're getting their first vaccinations in Phoenix on Wednesday night.  

Hopefully there will soon be much clearer messaging and outreach as to who, when and where when it comes to vaccination.  I'll get the vaccine as soon as I'm eligible.
Good to hear.

(01-18-2021, 12:53 AM)MirahM Wrote: Good to hear.

I think a lot of people are confused about the Covid vaccination process.

The Covid vaccines were developed and tested much more quickly than other vaccines, for sure.

But, that's not because critical safety steps were skipped by the FDA. 

It's because a great deal more money and resources were put behind the efforts so that the same steps could be accomplished on a shorter timeline.
Yeah and you're the fucking authority on it?
Go back and read what you said about the masks in the beginning. You really don't know shit, do ya?
(01-18-2021, 02:01 AM)sally Wrote: Go back and read what you said about the masks in the beginning. You really don't know shit, do ya?

Lick me, Sal.

I posted what was put out by the medical experts at the time, and later posted that the messaging behind masking was fucked-up and late.  You've read those posts -- you responded to them.

I do know shit when it comes to the vaccine process because I have a vested interest and I've kept up with the details.  

I don't give a shit if you doubt the vaccine safety and avoid vaccination, so why the hell do you care if I'm up for vaccination for my family and myself, puta?