WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?
...between hoarding and stocking up?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Organization?

If you've got it neatly stored on shelves, it's stocking up. If you've got it piled up along the walls of a hallway with one foot clearance to walk, that's hording.
Sally, the flaming asshole of MockForums
[Image: xzwbrP0.png]
That's probably best answered by those who have 50,000 rolls of toilet paper stuffed down in their basement! hah
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

When stocking up you take 3 pcs of cake. when hoarding you take the whole cake.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Cheesecake is pie!
hah  that may have to go back to the definition committee.
I'm going to start hoarding paper towels because I've noticed them dissapearing off shelves again. I use those fuckers to clean everything and always have way before covid. I wipe down the bathrooms daily with them with a little vinegar so no grime builds up, I wipe the stainless appliances with them, I use them for everything... I cannot live without them.
I purchased the blue shop towels. I keep a roll in my car with windex and sanitizer. I use them inside too. Nice and durable and readily available.

I've had no problem with getting paper towels or toilet paper,but it seems people are starting to hoard napkins.
(11-24-2020, 07:54 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: I've had no problem with getting paper towels or toilet paper,but it seems people are starting to hoard napkins.

How's your flo? Is it linoleum?
I went into the store today and they were completely out of cream of mushroom soup.   The department guy was all,  'I don't know what happened, last week we had 3 pallets,  and now, I don't know when we're getting more in'.  

Now I can't make that abomination of a green bean casserole and my Thanksgiving is ruined   21
(11-23-2020, 02:15 PM)Rootilda Wrote: Organization?

Whew. I'm good then.
(11-24-2020, 09:47 AM)Maggot Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 07:54 AM)Clang McFly Wrote: I've had no problem with getting paper towels or toilet paper,but it seems people are starting to hoard napkins.

How's your flo? Is it linoleum?
Periodic. Not linoleum, its bloody light.
(11-24-2020, 10:53 AM)cannongal Wrote: I went into the store today and they were completely out of cream of mushroom soup.   The department guy was all,  'I don't know what happened, last week we had 3 pallets,  and now, I don't know when we're getting more in'.  

Now I can't make that abomination of a green bean casserole and my Thanksgiving is ruined   21

I noticed the Tilamook ice cream was almost empty. I didn't think people had the same taste in ice cream as I did!

You scream!
Yeup.

I stock up, not too obsessively, don't forget we don't have those weirdo coupon people here I have seen on one of those reality shows. Coz we don't have that shit.

But I do stock up on meds for mum, meals, and stuff like that so that we don't have to go out as much and get that stuff. You always have to go out to get fresh milk and bread. Fresh fruit and veges. But you can stock up on soft drinks, juice drinks, washing powder, cleaning products, stuff you don't need to buy all the time, so when you do go out and shop you don't have to bring home everything but the kitchen sink.

We are going to get the big stock items delivered, then things like vegetables, milk and fruit, things you need to examine yourself we will get that in person. But it takes a heavy load of to work out what can be delivered and you don't have to lug around like a roadie for Whitesnake and enjoy the experience more. Also you are in and out of the supermarket without all the stress of push and shove.
My nephew was a roadie for Whitesnake.
Details Mark. I love it when you meet or know someone who meets people who are famous and you get the truth on what they were really like.

e.g. I had a friend in the 90s who met George Michael. She worked at the Sebel Town House where George Michael was staying. She said he was humble soft spoken and a lovely person, she said he gave all the girls who worked on reception (she was one of them) a red rose each. Here's the thing with George Michael, people forgave his shortcomings as a human being, he was flawed, but he was an incredibly kind humble human being. He had known some suffering. He had his insecurities and people loved him. Even to the end.

One of my best friends went out drinking with Sinead O'Connor and another friend in the 90s. When I eventually worked with that friend and we became best freinds. I asked her what Sinead O'Connor was really like, she said she was a really good person. I said, I knew it. When I first heard her 2nd album, I was like, OMG she writes like I write. She has many mental health problems and does not need condemnation and judgement. Imagine being a woman now in this day and age and getting hooked up in that Islam? She will probably never get her out of it, they will love bomb her because she is a celebrity and high profile.
(11-25-2020, 10:06 AM)aussiefriend Wrote:  Sinead O'Connor 

This used to be my favorite song.