Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Shitter The Greatest Invention Ever
You decide?

The Toilet: Our Greatest Health Breakthrough Ever?
The toilet could be even more important than vaccines to our health.

While scientists may regard penicillin or vaccinations as the greatest medical breakthroughs of all, Jack Sim claims toilets have done more for our health. Sim, founder of the Singapore-based World Toilet Organization, wants everyone to have access to a clean and safe toilet.

Do we really have the toilet to thank for being healthy?

"In the West, the toilet brought an end to epidemics. Toilets and hygiene have been shown to be the best preventive medicine. But London's Great Plague of 1665 showed that the treatment of excreta is equally important. Today, hundreds of millions of people in rural areas and slums around the world still flush sewage directly into rivers."

So health and development organizations must be jumping on the issue to solve this problem?

"Not really. When discussing solving poverty and diseases, experts don't talk about sanitation, because they want to look elegant. After all, diarrhea is not a glamorous disease, so there's no movie star helping people who die because of it. Meanwhile, it kills millions of people every year, including survivors of a famine or natural disaster when there's poor sanitation in the refugee camps. We must understand that going to the toilet is just part of life -- a very important part of life that cannot be underestimated."

But are poor people asking for toilets, or for food, water and shelter?

"Of course they don't ask for toilets! That would be embarrassing. Besides, many generations have defecated openly and their neighbors do it too, so nobody dares to raise the issue. That's why we need to break the taboo. Once people start talking about it, you create demand, so businesses can step in to design, produce and distribute toilets. We could build an entire new economy based on toilets. This way, change can happen very quickly."

What will change?

"Toilets will improve hygiene, and then we can fight common diseases much more easily. If you don't have sanitation, diseases will keep coming back. Really, toilets can save our lives
They need plumbing, sewage systems and waste water treatment plants in conjunction with toilets. Obviously, toilets alone are useless.
Fucking very well said Poopy.
Yeah, she's a real genius.
86 112
It's her user name that automatically lets you know she's an expert in matters of shit.
I guess ::laugh::
86 112
For fucks sake Poopy, change your god damned knickers.

[Image: ee0c.jpg]
Nice boobs.
very nice boobs
I don't think those boobs are so nice ...
86 112
Middle Finger Wrote:I don't think those boobs are so nice ...
Too small, or seeingthe shit-stained underwear kills the pleasure of seeing nekkid tits?
There's just nothing special about them, to me at least ... small, average, the nipples do nothing for me ... just plain ol average boring smaller tits, what can I say ...
86 112
Middle Finger Wrote:There's just nothing special about them, to me at least ... small, average, the nipples do nothing for me ... just plain ol average boring smaller tits, what can I say ...
Most men do have their basic standards for acceptable tits, so this makes sense. Frankly, if she wanted to swap, I'd trade mine for hers. ::bang::
Don't you dare trade out those big beautiful jugs of yours!!
86 112
Middle Finger Wrote:Don't you dare trade out those big beautiful jugs of yours!!

If you had to lug around 20 extra pounds on your chest every day and be subject to daily backaches for being so fucking front/top heavy, you'd be more sympathetic. And if you couldn't do some of your favorite things as well (pool shooting, target practice, drawing your bow) because of them, you'd be more sympathetic. So ::blowme:: ::ahole::.

I'm pretty sure I couldn't have sat on that toilet.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Middle Finger Wrote:I don't think those boobs are so nice ...
Me neither they are pathetic.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.