Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Jean having a breakthrough?
This trailer is "good shit" but I am not sure if the actual movie is.

I don't like Jean-Claude Van Damme's movies - they are too "B" rated and I am not into his acting/fighting style.

This movie ("JCVD") might be a breakthrough for him though. At least, I hope it is, because I'd like to see some good stuff from him. Instead of trying to act, he is playing himself. It could work. The style seems well-done so I will stay open-minded.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/jcvd/
86 112
It looks interesting i will say that much. I liked JCVD back in the Bloodsport days and when the Arnold and Sly movies were popular, but he really went the B route and started producing his own flicks, straight to video, etc. I heard he was very successful doing that because he has a big core fan base, but overall he got "silly" to me. This looks interesting because at least it looks like an original twist to the normal standard action flick.
At a bare minimum it is a well down trailer.
I always found his films quite gay, all that slow motion, sweat covered muscle posing is not for me.

I'm a big fan ofTony Jaa at the moment, films likeOng Bakandwarrior kingare way beyond anything Jean Claude has ever done.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Jean-Claude Van Dummy. Another talentless waste of space. Who ever told that bigretard he could act?
I saw the vid posted at another site and I have to say I'm intriqued. I haven't really liked JCVD movies since the late 80s - early 90s, but he's aged in an interesting way and I like the premise of this movie.
It's like he admits he's a bit of a B movie lamo and is being "real."
86 112