Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I got another kitty!
My older cat died about three months ago and I finally decided to get another one to keep my other cat company (hopefully they'll like each other!)

He's two years old and his name is Bernie (for Bernie Mac... because the cat's black. These Utahns and their wacky senses of humor.)

Right now he's hiding behind the hot water heater, which has dessicated little turds from my older cat and lots of dust because I can't reach back there... I'm sure he's thrilled to be here. So far my other cat doesn't seem aware he's here but it should be interesting when she does.

Here's Bernie:

[Image: bernie.jpg] ::hbeat::
what a cute little halloween cat!

he's probably hiding from YOU Poopy! Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

I fostered a cat we named Bernie while I was working at the vet clinic. He'd been burned (hence his name)and his tail had to be amputated but after being treated at the clinic I took him home to get him socialized for a couple months and then we found him a forever home. You have an adorable new furkid there, M![Image: smitten.gif]
I remember when your othercat had to be put down, Poopy....He/She is a lucky kitty to go to such a loving home as yours.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I hate cat threads, I'm serious ...
86 112
They've got a rescue org here that doesn't have a central location, they foster out of their homes... and the lady I got Bernie from had him for nearly 2 years! She got sad when it was time to say goodbye to him and like the dolt I am, I started crying. I don't think I could foster an animal, but I greatly admire those that do.
Middle Finger Wrote:I hate cat threads, I'm serious ...
::ban:: Oh you're retarded....who hates cat threads..really? They're so cute and fluffy when they are so wittle like that. Reminds me of my little Salem him gone now but I lubbed 'em soooo muchie

I lub the little Bernie kitten 75::hbeat::75::hbeat::::hugs::

Poopy will hate me for this, but i'm not a cat fan. when i lived in the florida keys the feral cat problem was a real disaster, they attacked kids, destroyed cars, just a total mess. so i would catch them and "take them for a ride". i do realize it was the fault of the owners who dumped them, but nonetheless it was a terrible problem down there in paradise. the humane society could not keep up, there were THOUSANDS of them on each island.

jackboots Wrote:Poopy will hate me for this, but i'm not a cat fan. when i lived in the florida keys the feral cat problem was a real disaster, they attacked kids, destroyed cars, just a total mess. so i would catch them and "take them for a ride". i do realize it was the fault of the owners who dumped them, but nonetheless it was a terrible problem down there in paradise. the humane society could not keep up, there were THOUSANDS of them on each island.

And this problem could be so easily avoided if the stupid fucking pet owners would take a crowbar to their fucking wallets and pay for a fucking neuter surgery. The cost of "fixing" an animal is minimal compared to the huge, absurd amount of money that has to be spent to repair the damage the over-population of cats and dogs brings.

Unlessthe pet is fora trained, licensed, knowledgeable breeder, every single pet out there should be neutered. ALL OF THEM.
your comment is so true, and got my vote! ::thumbs::

LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:[Image: bernie.jpg] ::hbeat::
that is some hot black pussy!
Poopy, did Bernie stay hidden behind the hot water heater all night ?...And how did the intial meeting between Bernie & your other cat go.
Sinister Wrote:
jackboots Wrote:Poopy will hate me for this, but i'm not a cat fan. when i lived in the florida keys the feral cat problem was a real disaster, they attacked kids, destroyed cars, just a total mess. so i would catch them and "take them for a ride". i do realize it was the fault of the owners who dumped them, but nonetheless it was a terrible problem down there in paradise. the humane society could not keep up, there were THOUSANDS of them on each island.

And this problem could be so easily avoided if the stupid fucking pet owners would take a crowbar to their fucking wallets and pay for a fucking neuter surgery. The cost of "fixing" an animal is minimal compared to the huge, absurd amount of money that has to be spent to repair the damage the over-population of cats and dogs brings.

Unlessthe pet is fora trained, licensed, knowledgeable breeder, every single pet out there should be neutered. ALL OF THEM.
Thank goodness I am not a petSmiley_emoticons_wink
Duchess Wrote:Poopy, did Bernie stay hidden behind the hot water heater all night ?...And how did the intial meeting between Bernie & your other cat go.

Well, he went from behind the hot water heater to behind the dryer, so I left him alone, checking back a few times.

So here it is 3:30 AM on a Saturday morning and I got up to check on him again. I came out of the laundry room and I saw my other cat peering under the sofa with a slightly puffed up tail, so logicleads me to assume that Bernie is now hiding under the furniture in another room, which I consider progress even though it's only about 12 feet. I've got my other cat (her name is Hissy Bitch) in the bedroom with me to allow Bernie a little more time to acclimate himself.

I feel sorry for the poor guy but I can't rush him. :( He completely ignored the peacock feather I tried to tempt him with and he definitely wasn't interested in the disgusting fish treat I put on the floor for him.

Hey, thanks for asking! This is like adopting a new kid for me and I'm kind of anxious.
So how's your newest family member doing so far Poopy?
Poopy, how about an update on Bernie ?
He's still hiding, under the loveseat now. I haven't seen him eat although I've got food set up around the apartment for him but he is using the kitty litter. I've been leaving him alone to get used to the apartment but I'm going to spend more time out in the living room to hopefully let him get used to having me around.

I've never had a cat take this long to acclimate himself to a new environment. Poor Bernie. :(

Thanks for asking.
Cat threads. ::rollseyes::
86 112
Middle Finger Wrote:Cat threads. ::rollseyes::
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inTRblYTevk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZ5TFi70f_Q

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/bZ5TFi70f_Q[/flash]
86 112