Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ted Kennedy dies at 77
[Image: t1home.kennedy4.gi.jpg]

updated 32 secs ago
Longtime Massachusetts Sen. Ted Kennedy dead
Massachusetts Sen. Edward Kennedy, the patriarch of the first family of Democratic politics, died late Tuesday at his home in Hyannis Port, Massachusetts, after a lengthy battle with brain cancer. He was 77. "We've lost the irreplaceable center of our family and joyous light in our lives, but the inspiration of his faith, optimism and perseverance will live on in our hearts forever," a family statement said.
developing story

sad.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
cape cod times this morning...

[Image: bilde?Avis=CC&Dato=20090826&Kate...0&Q=90]

End of an era: Edward Kennedy dies at 77
HYANNISPORT - Sen. Edward Moore Kennedy, the Senate's passionate liberal voice, a Hyannisport resident and last of an influential, iconic group of brothers, died of complications of a...

ramseycat Wrote:sad.
Sad ?!...This is a man who choose to save his own fat, white ass before he gave a thought to saving the chick he was banging from drowning...He's just another Kennedy who believes he was above the law & all the rules that apply to everyone else...I simply feel indifferent.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
his sister's recent funeral here was very moving. she was a great and generous lady. 42

this is going to fuck up obama's vacation on the vineyard. there was much speculation whether obama would pay a courtesy visit.

there is going to be a real orgy over this.

jackboots Wrote:his sister's recent funeral here was very moving. she was a great and generous lady. 42
I read your account of it in 24 & it was very gracious...I understand that there is an entire generation that looks upon this family as "royalty" but, I don't think this guy is deserving of all the kudos we are sure to be seeing in the coming days.
Mass. will be the leader in the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth. it's all going to be about the END OF CAMELOT. only Camelot ended with Bobby.

i shall be hiding under my bed for the next few days.

i will say this. i feel sad or perhaps nostalgic. not over Teddy. but because i used to walk the beach in front of the compound and it was a gentler time, a sweeter time. something is tugging at my heartstrings today.

i wonder if he is saying hello Mary Jo at this moment.

Attached Files
.jpg   mary-jo-kopechne.jpg (Size: 19.21 KB / Downloads: 30)

jackboots Wrote:i wonder if he is saying hello Mary Jo at this moment.
You're implying that he went to heaven. ::sly::
he was the proverbial blacksheep of the family, and overshadowed by his brothers, but i will give him this, i think he tried to redeem himself.

he also displayed chickenshit qualities at chappy. tried to get his cousin to take the rap.

Wasn't there a sister that was lobotomized? The whole family saga reads like Shakespeare.
Wow, a big character in the world of politics gone.
86 112
LuMPyPussy Wrote:Wasn't there a sister that was lobotomized? The whole family saga reads like Shakespeare.
there was a retarded sister, i think her name was Rosemary. she was the reason Eunice dedicated her life to the Special Olympics.

Jesus Christ. I hope Joe's burning in hell, that fucking asshole.
Quote:In 1941, when Kennedy was 23, her father was told by her doctors that a cutting edge procedure would help calm her "mood swings that the family found difficult to handle at home".[2] Her father gave permission for the procedure to be performed by Dr. Walter Freeman, the director of the laboratories at St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Washington, D.C., together with his partner, James W. Watts, MD, from the University of Virginia. Watts received his neurosurgical training at the Massachusetts General Hospital, and later he became the Chief of Neurosurgery at the George Washington University Hospital. Highly regarded, Dr. Watts later became the 91st president of the Medical Society of the District of Columbia. The procedure in question was a lobotomy.

At the time, only sixty-five lobotomies had been performed. The procedure was described as follows:

"We went through the top of the head, I [Watts] think she was awake. She had a mild tranquilizer. I made a surgical incision in the brain through the skull. It was near the front. It was on both sides. We just made a small incision, no more than an inch." The instrument Dr. Watts used looked like a butter knife. He swung it up and down to cut brain tissue. "We put an instrument inside," he said. As Dr. Watts cut, Dr. Freeman put questions to Rosemary. For example, he asked her to recite the Lord's Prayer or sing "God Bless America" or count backwards. ... "We made an estimate on how far to cut based on how she responded." ... When she began to become incoherent, they stopped.[3]

Instead of producing the hoped-for result, however, the lobotomy reduced Rosemary to an infantile mentality that left her incontinent and staring blankly at walls for hours. Her verbal skills were reduced to unintelligible babble. Her mother remarked that although the lobotomy stopped her daughter's violent behavior, it left her completely incapacitated. "Rose was devastated; she considered it the first of the Kennedy family tragedies."[4]

Freeman went on to perform more than 3,000 lobotomies[5] before his license to practice medicine was revoked (because of the death of a patient). Such lobotomy treatments are now discredited by the mental health and medical communities, and the procedure is no longer used.
LuMPyPussy Wrote:Jesus Christ. I hope Joe's burning in hell, that fucking asshole.
Quote:In 1941, when Kennedy was 23, her father was told by her doctors that a cutting edge procedure would help calm her "mood swings that the family found difficult to handle at home".[2] Her father gave permission for the procedure to be performed by Dr. Walter Freeman, the director of the laboratories at St. Elizabeth's Hospital in Washington, D.C., together with his partner, James W. Watts, MD, from the University of Virginia. Watts received his neurosurgical training at the Massachusetts General Hospital, and later he became the Chief of Neurosurgery at the George Washington University Hospital. Highly regarded, Dr. Watts later became the 91st president of the Medical Society of the District of Columbia. The procedure in question was a lobotomy.

At the time, only sixty-five lobotomies had been performed. The procedure was described as follows:

"We went through the top of the head, I [Watts] think she was awake. She had a mild tranquilizer. I made a surgical incision in the brain through the skull. It was near the front. It was on both sides. We just made a small incision, no more than an inch." The instrument Dr. Watts used looked like a butter knife. He swung it up and down to cut brain tissue. "We put an instrument inside," he said. As Dr. Watts cut, Dr. Freeman put questions to Rosemary. For example, he asked her to recite the Lord's Prayer or sing "God Bless America" or count backwards. ... "We made an estimate on how far to cut based on how she responded." ... When she began to become incoherent, they stopped.[3]
Instead of producing the hoped-for result, however, the lobotomy reduced Rosemary to an infantile mentality that left her incontinent and staring blankly at walls for hours. Her verbal skills were reduced to unintelligible babble. Her mother remarked that although the lobotomy stopped her daughter's violent behavior, it left her completely incapacitated. "Rose was devastated; she considered it the first of the Kennedy family tragedies."[4]

Freeman went on to perform more than 3,000 lobotomies[5] before his license to practice medicine was revoked (because of the death of a patient). Such lobotomy treatments are now discredited by the mental health and medical communities, and the procedure is no longer used.
yours becomes you.:kiss::
i didn't like ted much. it was more than chappy, it was getting expelled from harvard for cheating, all the drunk driving and having it buried under the rug, a lot of things the spoiled scion got away with.

i was a Mass. Trial Court law librarian for a while. he was a joke to us. we used to see him all the time. i anonymously placed a sign in the Barnstable law library once, 'vote for ted, a blonde in every pond". bad me. [Image: blush5.gif]

he will lay in state at the JFK library, casket open. then burial at Arlington. i am offended he gets to lay near my parents who deserved the honor. he did 2 years cushy duty in paris after being thrown out of harvard.

i don't want to confuse him with all the good some Kennedys did. i am sorry he had brain cancer, glad suffering is over. my feelings very mixed today. :(

jackboots Wrote:i didn't like ted much. it was more than chappy, it was getting expelled from harvard for cheating, all the drunk driving and having it buried under the rug, a lot of things the spoiled scion got away with.

i was a Mass. Trial Court law librarian for a while. he was a joke to us. we used to see him all the time. i anonymously placed a sign in the Barnstable law library once, 'vote for ted, a blonde in every pond". bad me. [Image: blush5.gif]

he will lay in state at the JFK library, casket open. then burial at Arlington. i am offended he gets to lay near my parents who deserved the honor. he did 2 years cushy duty in paris after being thrown out of harvard.

i don't want to confuse him with all the good some Kennedys did. i am sorry he had brain cancer, glad suffering is over. my feelings very mixed today. :(
::bitchp::95
BROTHER Wrote:
LuMPyPussy Wrote:Jesus Christ. I hope Joe's burning in hell, that fucking asshole.

Look how well my lobotomyturned out! I have to keep my hat on so you can't see the scars, though.
[Image: 181.gif]
Yeah, but you still have to take a handful of meds every day, don't you?Do you have to pop the hinges at your jaws to get them all down?::aww::
LuMPyPussy Wrote:
BROTHER Wrote:

Look how well my lobotomyturned out! I have to keep my hat on so you can't see the scars, though.
[Image: 181.gif]
Yeah, but you still have to take a handful of meds every day, don't you?Do you have to pop the hinges at your jaws to get them all down?::aww::
Say what "Labo"?42
I sorta/kinda regret being so harsh in my comments about him this morning...I came to that conclusion when I was standing in a checkout line & I overheard a conversation regarding just this subject, their opinion was much the same as mine and my immediate thought was, "You assholes, a man has just died !" :Blush:
Duchess Wrote:I sorta/kinda regret being so harsh in my comments about him this morning...I came to that conclusion when I was standing in a checkout line & I overheard a conversation regarding just this subject, their opinion was much the same as mine and my immediate thought was, "You assholes, a man has just died !" :Blush:

You were mild compared to the crowd over at 24.

http://www.24hourforums.com/forum23/28016.html