Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The emperor’s new clothes
Isn
My online persona is the real me...What you see here is what you get in real life...I have too much going on to try to remember details of a fake existence...I like who I am and I don't feel the need to create an alternate character in order to interact with others...I don't mind sharing parts of myself with others...Its no secret to anyone here that I am competitive, that comes from growing up the only daughter in a home filled with sports playing brothers...In my work, I am a personal assistant, I manage someones social/personal/business life...Its all good...My nickname is my email address which I won't be sharing here and I am actually called Duchess in my business life....Oh..and Zen, there are people here that I would love to meet in real life, you are one of them.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I've encountered several people that created 'personas' online that had nothing to do with reality. The first one had me fooled completely since I was a newbie to online games and its attendent mental illnesses ... 36 year old man impersonated a 25 year old women whicn included photos he had snagged off a Russian mail-order bride site. I wasn't the only one, there were about 10 men that were ready to marry her. He kept this up for a year until the cracks started to show.

Another one is over at Frank's other forum... too many tall tales to delve into but he can't tell you the time of day without embellishing the facts to make himself a hero.

I HATE liars! Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate, just absolutely HATE liars. ::angrier::

I totally see what you both are saying. My interest in this topic spurs from an episode I encountered a few years ago when I played role playing games online. You basically created a character (emphasize character) then you went on to develop that characters life and as such you
Duchess Wrote:My online persona is the real me...What you see here is what you get in real life...I have too much going on to try to remember details of a fake existence...I like who I am and I don't feel the need to create an alternate character in order to interact with others...I don't mind sharing parts of myself with others...

That's how I am too, I feel.
86 112
Middle Finger Wrote:
Duchess Wrote:My online persona is the real me...What you see here is what you get in real life...I have too much going on to try to remember details of a fake existence...I like who I am and I don't feel the need to create an alternate character in order to interact with others...I don't mind sharing parts of myself with others...

That's how I am too, I feel.
Just keep in mind that there
I am what you see here in real life. I have no patience for creating some obscure personality.

Quote:Proceed with caution would be my moto.

Yeah? And why is that?
Sinister Wrote:I am what you see here in real life. I have no patience for creating some obscure personality.

Yeah? And why is that?

what's a moto?

in my forum i have always been my true self because my reason for being is an adjunct to my career. i have a purpose.

Sinister and Jackboots,
While I understand perfectly your reasons for wanting to be YOU both online and irl, the very true fact of the matter is, not everyone does. There are some pretty sick sons of bitches out there and it
jackboots Wrote:
Sinister Wrote:I am what you see here in real life. I have no patience for creating some obscure personality.

Yeah? And why is that?

what's a moto?

in my forum i have always been my true self because my reason for being is an adjunct to my career. i have a purpose.
First let me just say that the flow of your prose here is so smooth such a transient to your DEVA WOMAN posts
[quote=Zenith]First let me just say that the flow of your prose here is so smooth such a transient to your DEVA WOMAN posts
Sinister Wrote:Please....at some ponint will you decide how you're going to spell "diva"?? The one with an "e" in the middle makes no sense. I suppose I should be used to that with you.

And why do you think anyone knows anything but what Jackboots wants themto know of her? Being yourself and not giving away personal info are not mutually exclusive. While there may be people here who know I am a vicious, cold hearted, evil, uncaring, unsympathetic, mean bitch, no one here really knows the first thing about me. Not what matters, anyway.
Then you have said what I needed to hear DEEVA DEMON BITCH FROM HELLS EDGE.
[SIDEBAR] I will spell DEAVA any way I fucking please and you can lick my ass about it as often as you like because I only do it to get the reaction that you give me every single time
Zenith Wrote:you can lick my ass
Are you the supposed female version of Opie with your obsessiveness about ass? Opie has MF's ass and you have mine.....::blink::

LOTS of queerness floating around this place lately.....I'm outta here....::scared::

Z....there are pictures of my ass and my damn near naked tits around here somewhere. Think those will hold you till I come back tomorrow and you can get your fix in person? Sick bitch.....

Sinister Wrote:
Zenith Wrote:you can lick my ass
Are you the supposed female version of Opie with your obsessiveness about ass? Opie has MF's ass and you have mine.....::blink::

LOTS of queerness floating around this place lately.....I'm outta here....::scared::

Z....there are pictures of my ass and my damn near naked tits around here somewhere. Think those will hold you till I come back tomorrow and you can get your fix in person? Sick bitch.....
I believe it was Poopy who began the ass craze however, if you would like to show off your anatomy far be it for me to stop you.

i HAVE had a sick fuck lurking on my forum before. a dentist of all things! stalked me. but i simply sent his IP to my sheriff office internet crime unit and then sent out someone to have a little chat with him. i'm not afraid of sick fucks, i eat them for lunch. the sick fucks i have dealt with over the years aren't pixels on a screen, they are real-life criminals. when i say i am myself on my forum, it's because i deal with crime, amber alerts, trials. i have to be myself. and the forum is well-received. also, i have had many people ask me for help privately, and it has been my pleasure to do so. i don't run my forum just to "hear" myself talk. or waste my time. i have too much self-respect. this place, MOCK, is some comic relief for me. no grim reality.

I am not myself on the internet.

I am actually the severed cryogenically frozen head of George Carlin.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
jackboots Wrote:i HAVE had a sick fuck lurking on my forum before. a dentist of all things! stalked me. but i simply sent his IP to my sheriff office internet crime unit and then sent out someone to have a little chat with him. i'm not afraid of sick fucks, i eat them for lunch. the sick fucks i have dealt with over the years aren't pixels on a screen, they are real-life criminals. when i say i am myself on my forum, it's because i deal with crime, amber alerts, trials. i have to be myself. and the forum is well-received. also, i have had many people ask me for help privately, and it has been my pleasure to do so. i don't run my forum just to "hear" myself talk. or waste my time. i have too much self-respect. this place, MOCK, is some comic relief for me. no grim reality.
Then that's on point. Having that kind of access is fortunate. Your forum must be a pretty refreshing alternative to many of the forums that are on the net. This however, doesn't alter the grim reality I spoke of earlier. Not a reality that plagues you but a reality nonetheless.

[A HOLLYWOOD VIEW POINT] It makes me think about a movie I just watched with my luv-luv. It starred Diane Lane who played this bad ass FBI agent. She was brilliant in that movie "UNTRACEABLE" was the title.
Zenith Wrote:[A HOLLYWOOD VIEW POINT] It makes me think about a movie I just watched with my luv-luv. It starred Diane Lane who played this bad ass FBI agent. She was brilliant in that movie "UNTRACEABLE" was the title.
Big girl crush on her! Have you seen "Under the Tuscan Sun"? *sigh*
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:
Zenith Wrote:[A HOLLYWOOD VIEW POINT] It makes me think about a movie I just watched with my luv-luv. It starred Diane Lane who played this bad ass FBI agent. She was brilliant in that movie "UNTRACEABLE" was the title.
Big girl crush on her! Have you seen "Under the Tuscan Sun"? *sigh*

Are you bi-sexual? I always thought you were.

A pic of Lane. She is a cutie:

[Image: diane-lane_28027.jpg]

More recent:

[Image: diane-lane1.jpg]

86 112
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:Big girl crush on her! Have you seen "Under the Tuscan Sun"? *sigh*
Haven't seen it but I will put it on the list of movies for this weekend. I know I have seen Diane Lane's performances in the past because she was vaguely familiar to me. Nothing really stood out about her skills until I saw UNTRACEABLE. I am a slave to the movies of Sigourney weaver, Katee Sockhoff, Carrie anne Moss, Jada Pinckett-Smith and Kimberly Elise. The talents of these women extend far beyond the reaches of the BIG SCREEN. Whenever an actor can make me