Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I think people who eat dog are assholes
Fortunately, dog meat will be taken off the menu during the Beijing Olympics. Dog eaters are assholes in my book.

[line]

BEIJING - Canine cuisine is being sent to the doghouse during next month's Beijing Olympic Games.

Dog meat has been struck from the menus of officially designated Olympic restaurants, and Beijing tourism officials are telling other outlets to discourage consumers from ordering dishes made from dogs, the official Xinhua News Agency reported Friday.

Waiters and waitresses should "patiently" suggest other options to diners who order dog, it said, quoting city tourism bureau Vice Director Xiong Yumei.

Dog, known in Chinese as "xiangrou," or "fragrant meat," is eaten by some Chinese for its purported health-giving qualities.

Beijing isn't the first Olympic host to slap a ban on the dish.

South Korea banned dog meat during the 1988 Seoul Olympics by invoking a law prohibiting the sale of "foods deemed unsightly." After the Olympics, the ban was not strictly enforced.

Dog meat is also eaten in some other Asian countries, including Vietnam, the Philippines and Laos.

----------------------

Link to article is HERE.

86 112
...OMG !!!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Now if they'd stop importing tiger parts:

Quote:Chinese medicine practitioners believe some tiger parts can cure a variety of medical conditions: the a tiger's penis soaked in alcohol is said to increase virility; its nose suspended over the marriage bed is believed to increase the chance of having a boy and its whiskers are said to cure toothache.
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:Now if they'd stop importing tiger parts:

Quote:Chinese medicine practitioners believe some tiger parts can cure a variety of medical conditions: the a tiger's penis soaked in alcohol is said to increase virility; its nose suspended over the marriage bed is believed to increase the chance of having a boy and its whiskers are said to cure toothache.
ABSO-FUCKING-LUTELY. I wish these dumbfucks would drag their stupid fucking asses out of the 16th century andinto the 21st. Fucking cunts.....
Every time I see the title to this thread I look over at my little beagle and wonder how the hell could someone eat a dog...Jesus God that is so revolting !...Where do these dogs come from?...Or maybe I don't really want to know...
Duchess Wrote:Every time I see the title to this thread I look over at my little beagle and wonder how the hell could someone eat a dog...Jesus God that is so revolting !...Where do these dogs come from?...Or maybe I don't really want to know...

Pigs are more intelligent than dogs but we eat them.

Basicallyanybody who criticises eating dog meat who isn't a vegetarian is talking through their arsehole.

We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
...Was that pic necessary, ya damn British freak ?!!...
Duchess Wrote:...Was that pic necessary, ya damn British freak ?!!...

Do you eat meat?

Why is it ok to eat cows, pigs, sheep, chickens and baby sheep?

::dunno::
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Probably because we think of dogs (and cats) as extended members of our families, thus making it cannabalistic to consume them.

Not a real deep thought there, bubba.
I have seen how they "butcher" them too. It's not pretty. Cats are on the list as well.

It's horrible and painful for the animal. They toss them into a pot of boiling water ALIVE.

Thanks for the picture OP - when your daughters' cat goes missing one day or your son's dog, pray you don't have a Chinese restaurant nearby cuz you might find them in the back waiting to be on the day's menu.

I've been on pleny of Chinese restauant raids. It's not pretty especially when they are arguing with you that its' a custom for them.

Bullshit. We are in AMERICA and here we do not eat our pets, especially when food is ABUNDANT here.

I don't give a shit what your lame ass argument is about eating one type of meat or another. When the statistics of the amount of missing pets is greater when you live near Chinese restaurants than it is in other places kind of makes you think twice about the 'chicken' they serve you.

Funny how Chinese chicken is never white.
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:Probably because we think of dogs (and cats) as extended members of our families, thus making it cannabalistic to consume them.

Pets are not a family member, they are a pet. Some people keep pigs as pets,does that mean we shouldn't eat them?

Stop anthropomorphisingpet animals with superior characteristics that non-pet animals seemingly lack.

It is not cannabalistic to eat a different species of animal. I fucking hate people who equateanimal life with human life, they are generally retarded.

The Antagonist Wrote:I have seen how they "butcher" them too. It's not pretty. Cats are on the list as well.

It's horrible and painful for the animal. They toss them into a pot of boiling water ALIVE.

Thanks for the picture OP - when your daughters' cat goes missing one day or your son's dog, pray you don't have a Chinese restaurant nearby cuz you might find them in the back waiting to be on the day's menu.

I've been on pleny of Chinese restauant raids. It's not pretty especially when they are arguing with you that its' a custom for them.

Bullshit. We are in AMERICA and here we do not eat our pets, especially when food is ABUNDANT here.

I don't give a shit what your lame ass argument is about eating one type of meat or another. When the statistics of the amount of missing pets is greater when you live near Chinese restaurants than it is in other places kind of makes you think twice about the 'chicken' they serve you.

Funny how Chinese chicken is never white.
Yet moreracist stereotyping you intolerant, judgemental, moral highground standingcunt.

Eating dog and cat is quite simply not as common as anybody heremay suggest, I regularly eat chinese food from a local takeaway and the hygiene standards and food quality is excellent, and yes the chicken is white (accept when its covered in sauce retard!)

America is one of the only countries in the worldwhere people hunt with a full stomach, so stick yourpatronising moral indignation up your fucking arse.

Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:Probably because we think of dogs (and cats) as extended members of our families, thus making it cannabalistic to consume them.

Pets are not a family member, they are a pet. Some people keep pigs as pets,does that mean we shouldn't eat them?

Stop anthropomorphisingpet animals with superior characteristics that non-pet animals seemingly lack.

It is not cannabalistic to eat a different species of animal. I fucking hate people who equateanimal life with human life, they are generally retarded.
Explain this to your kid when their pets die. I don't see my pets as equals to humans but I also have respect for the creatures that have given me companionship and love without conditions.

Do you feed your hamsters to snakes when you tire of them?
Do you flush them down the toilet when they get old and you dont' want to bother?

Of course not. You care for them and treat them well - tiny little creatures that they are.

LMPP did not say SHE considered animals part of HER family, she generalized and you, as usual - failed to understand the words put before you.

You are too eager to throw in an attack before you understand what people said.

And change your avatar asshole..... you are the farthest thing from a Mensch on this planet, nevermind an ubermensch! ::nuts::

Probing Questions Are pigs smarter than dogs? Back to article

[Image: dogpig.jpg]

Illustration by James Collins

Flying pigs are still the stuff of fantasy. But talking pigs, like E.B. White's mud-loving runt Wilbur, may not be all that far-fetched.

Barnyard pigs are clever creatures. They're known to work in pairs to maneuver the latches and gates of their pens. Once they figure out how to open the gates, they'll do so repeatedly, says Ken Kephart, a Penn State professor of animal science who has spent more than 20 years working with pigs.

The smartest swine even open up the rest of the pens to let the others out, he says. On the occasional early morning, a farmer will arrive at his barn to find many of the pigs loose. "They're very clever, without a doubt," says Kephart. "They can be trained to do many of the same tasks we ask other animals to do."

Some of these useful tasks are instinctual for pigs. For instance, they've long been used to lead people deep into the forests of France to sniff out buried treasure. Truffles, fungi growing beneath the roots of oak trees, can fetch hundreds of dollars, sometimes more than $1,000 per pound on the gourmet food market.

Other behaviors showcase pigs' ability to learn new behaviors. Using their snouts, pigs can even be taught to maneuver a modified joystick to move a cursor on a video monitor, as proven in research done at Penn State from 1996 to 1998 by Stanley Curtis, then professor of dairy and animal science and now an adjunct animal sciences professor at the University of Illinois.

For rewards of M&M's, Skittles or Reese's Pieces, the pigs moved the cursor over to a target, then used the cursor to distinguish among scribbles drawn by Curtis' grandchild. The pigs were shown one scribble, then a few seconds later shown the same scribble along with a second. They used the joystick and cursor to distinguish between the scribble they had seen before and the one they were seeing for the first time.

The pigs learned these tasks within 5 to 10 attempts, "very quickly," says Curtis. "As quickly as chimpanzees."

But are pigs smarter than dogs?

Both pigs and dogs are quite smart, says Brenda Coe, adjunct assistant professor of animal science, who helped Curtis in the initial stages of his work and also teaches dog behavior in a canine management class. But "intelligence" in animals is typically defined in a limited way, as the ability to learn what people try to teach them.
There is no such thing as an animal IQ or other standard measure for animal intelligence that would allow a straight comparison. "You can compare two pigs or compare two dogs, but you can't compare species to species," says Coe.

Pigs and dogs perform well on different tasks, depending on their motivation and strengths. Food is the motivator for pigs while loyalty and eagerness to please are the primary motivators for dogs.

Pigs can be loyal, but not to the degree that dogs are, Kephart concurs. "Dogs really like to please the people they're working with. Pigs are much more independently minded in my observation."

The animals have different physical abilities, too: Pigs tend to be near-sighted and rely on their senses of smell and hearing. Dogs also have a keen sense of smell, but rely more on their sight than pigs do, says Coe. Dogs are also better able to use their mouths to pick up objects.

"A dog can learn task A quicker than a pig, but a pig may learn task B faster than a dog," Coe adds.

Except for those bred to hunt truffles, pigs have not been bred or raised for much besides food, or trained for tasks in the way many breeds of dogs have. The cognitive skills of the two species have evolved differently as a result of their environments and what has been required of them to survive, says Curtis.

"Both of those species have spent a lot of time with humans, hundreds of thousands of years with hominids. Their behavior was shaped as they evolved, shaped by their interactions with humans."

Curtis hopes to teach a crude language to pigs by teaching them words for images and building a vocabulary. The objective is simple: build a better hog house. "If we're going to build a better piggery so that animals' needs and wants are being supported, then we need to know more about what they need and want," he says. Designing hog houses this way would be both humane and practical, he argues.
If you're thinking by now that it might be nice to have a pig as a pet, think twice. They're as curious as they are clever, and can be destructive as they explore, says Coe. And they need a lot of space. Market hogs are sold at around 250 pounds for slaughter, but can reach 600 to 700 pounds. Though many people are happy owners of potbelly pigs, she adds, these much-smaller animals can sometimes be aggressive.
"I don't think a pig is a good pet for everyone," warns Coe.

Maybe they're just too smart for that.

86 112
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:

I don't eat pork for that very reason.

And whatever gave you the idea that I'm giving animals human characteristics? I merely said how we FEEL about our pets. You might be an unfeeling sack of human waste, but most of us understand how much affection normal people can develop for a housepet. That's why the idea of eating them disgusts us.

However, I have no problem with you eating anything you want. How about a nice shit sandwich? It certainly wouldn't be noticed on your breath. ::thumbs::

We even educate you here at Mock. Smiley_emoticons_smile
86 112
The Antagonist Wrote:
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:

Explain this to your kid when their pets die. I don't see my pets as equals to humans but I also have respect for the creatures that have given me companionship and love without conditions.

Do you feed your hamsters to snakes when you tire of them?
Do you flush them down the toilet when they get old and you dont' want to bother?

Of course not. You care for them and treat them well - tiny little creatures that they are.

LMPP did not say SHE considered animals part of HER family, she generalized and you, as usual - failed to understand the words put before you.

You are too eager to throw in an attack before you understand what people said.

And change your avatar asshole..... you are the farthest thing from a Mensch on this planet, nevermind an ubermensch! ::nuts::

Animals have no understanding of love, the "unconditionally love" you imagine you receiveis just a mixture of instinct and stupidity.

IfI buy a pet of course I look after it, I take on a responsibility of care when I purchase them. My daughter has a healthy understanding of death and is able todifferentiate between the death of an animal and a human thank fuck, there are many retards in the world that can't.

I'm certainly not going to change my avatar ziphead, Iam the ubermensch of Mock, without me this place would become fucking pointless and you know it.
My dog is half way to human - emotional, sensitive, anxious, etc. he tries to talk, has a wide range of vocabulary, and really does look and act like a person much of the time. He is a part of our family - he is just not some pet we harbor.
86 112
Apparently I can't differentiate between the death of an animal and the death of a person. Life is gone. Blood ceases to flow, the lungs no longer draw in air, there are no more electrical firing of synapses in the brain.
LittleMissPoopyPants Wrote:
Ordinary Peephole Wrote:

I don't eat pork for that very reason.

And whatever gave you the idea that I'm giving animals human characteristics? I merely said how we FEEL about our pets. You might be an unfeeling sack of human waste, but most of us understand how much affection normal people can develop for a housepet. That's why the idea of eating them disgusts us.

However, I have no problem with you eating anything you want. How about a nice shit sandwich? It certainly wouldn't be noticed on your breath. ::thumbs::

You don't eat pork because of how intelligent you know pigs are?, what a load of bullshit! You had better be careful admitting to not eating pork, MF will start accusing you of being a muslim terrorist.

The only people that can feel "real love" for an animal are either extremely lonely or enjoy indulging in bestiality. I sometimesforget that my perspective is so much higher than yours which reflects in your lack of understanding and empathy, I should be used to talking down to people and simplifying my posts, I have been a member at 24 for a year and half so I should be used to doing it by now.

I enjoy a rich and varied diet, a shit sandwich would preferable to the majority of American "cuisine".