Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Lumps & Other Twice Divorced Losers
[Image: hi-loser.jpg]

In a recent discussion, Two Lumps revealed that she has had TWO FAILED MARRIAGES. (The number may be actually higher than this because she may have been testing the waters to see how we'd react to this bit of negative news.)

Lumps waxed on and on (and on) about how common it is to drop a deuce like that. Frank stated that Lumpy's Losership status was rare, I remarked that Lumpy's low class lifestyle may have been a contributing factor to her chronic singlehood, and some nitwit brought up the well-known statistic that 50% of all marriages end in divorce. (Is that like saying 100% of all life ends in death? ::lol:: )

This is an interesting topic, so I thought it may be fun to check out some recent divorce stats.

It turns out that my flag on Lumps' Low Tier Lifestyle was dead motherfucking on.

According to this data there are factors (life choices) which serve to mitigate your chances of losing @ love:

Factors / Percent Decrease in Risk of Divorce
Annual income over $50,000 (vs. under $25,000) / -30
Having a baby seven months or more after marriage (vs. before marriage) / -24
Marrying over 25 years of age (vs. under 18) / -24
Own family of origin intact (vs. divorced parents) / -14
Religious affiliation (vs. none) / -14
Some college (vs. high-school dropout) / -13

"So if you are a reasonably well-educated person with a decent income, come from an intact family and are religious, and marry after age twentyfive without having a baby first, your chances of divorce are very low indeed."

My point was that people who make certain lifestyle choices are more likely to have the life skills, relationship skills, and resources to
1) select a suitable partner
2) create an environment which fosters relationship cohesion
and
3) not send their spouse running for the hills.

In all fairness, Lumps's second marriage had even less of a chance than the first to succeed. According to this data, with each additional marriage comes a higher likelihood of divorce:

According to enrichment journal on the divorce rate in America:
The divorce rate in America for first marriage is 41%
The divorce rate in America for second marriage is 60%
The divorce rate in America for third marriage is 73%

Here endeth the lesson.
I will not be participating at this forum.
This is a toxic place. Goodbye.
I'm pretty important to you, aren't I. You mention me in nearly every one of your posts.

I think obsessed would be a better word.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Monogamy and marriage especially are overrated. What is it about humans that conditioned us to *think* we're supposed to mate for life anyway? Religion? Societal norms?

And if we're with someone we love, who needs the institution of marriage? Its simply putting the cuffs on, so to speak. Plus you get good tax breaks and other legal benefits.

Free love, baby.
Commando Cunt Queen
You don't get good tax breaks for being married in NJ. Nope, just the opposite.
(01-28-2010, 02:52 PM)LuMPyPussy Wrote: I'm pretty important to you, aren't I. You mention me in nearly every one of your posts.

I like interacting with you.
According to Flexi Frank, until I got married and stopped "living in sin" (why a confirmed agnostic cares about "sin" is anyones guess I suppose) I was morally worse than Hitler.

Me and Leeanne got married because we wanted to, at a time we wanted, there is however absolutely nothing wrong with living together without being married, nothing at all.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
Besides, just because a marriage ends, doesn't make it a "failure". I got some damn good china and a crockpot out of my first marriage.
Commando Cunt Queen
So according to Princess Nubian Julie, if you marry two blokes who turn out to both be total cunts and you divorce them both that makes you a loser does it? I think its makes you a fucking hero with enough will and common sense to end something you are no longer happy with, rather than just get lazy and stay together till you are both old enough to barely stand the sight of each other.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(01-28-2010, 03:02 PM)The Antagonist Wrote: You don't get good tax breaks for being married in NJ.

We've been selling quite a few houses/townhomes in my boss' lastest project & an overwhelming number of them are to people from Jersey who all have the same complaint, TAXES...They can't afford to live there & are moving here in record numbers.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Where did I say any of that?

But since you brought it up - It says that you need to revamp your selection mechanism.
(01-28-2010, 02:46 PM)Julie Wrote: [Image: hi-loser.jpg]

In a recent discussion, Two Lumps revealed that she has had TWO FAILED MARRIAGES. (The number may be actually higher than this because she may have been testing the waters to see how we'd react to this bit of negative news.)

Lumps waxed on and on (and on) about how common it is to drop a deuce like that. Frank stated that Lumpy's Losership status was rare, I remarked that Lumpy's low class lifestyle may have been a contributing factor to her chronic singlehood, and some nitwit brought up the well-known statistic that 50% of all marriages end in divorce. (Is that like saying 100% of all life ends in death? ::lol:: )

This is an interesting topic, so I thought it may be fun to check out some recent divorce stats.

It turns out that my flag on Lumps' Low Tier Lifestyle was dead motherfucking on.

According to this data there are factors (life choices) which serve to mitigate your chances of losing @ love:

Factors / Percent Decrease in Risk of Divorce
Annual income over $50,000 (vs. under $25,000) / -30
Having a baby seven months or more after marriage (vs. before marriage) / -24
Marrying over 25 years of age (vs. under 18) / -24
Own family of origin intact (vs. divorced parents) / -14
Religious affiliation (vs. none) / -14
Some college (vs. high-school dropout) / -13

"So if you are a reasonably well-educated person with a decent income, come from an intact family and are religious, and marry after age twentyfive without having a baby first, your chances of divorce are very low indeed."

My point was that people who make certain lifestyle choices are more likely to have the life skills, relationship skills, and resources to
1) select a suitable partner
2) create an environment which fosters relationship cohesion
and
3) not send their spouse running for the hills.

In all fairness, Lumps's second marriage had even less of a chance than the first to succeed. According to this data, with each additional marriage comes a higher likelihood of divorce:

According to enrichment journal on the divorce rate in America:
The divorce rate in America for first marriage is 41%
The divorce rate in America for second marriage is 60%
The divorce rate in America for third marriage is 73%

Here endeth the lesson.

Excellent post on all levels! My first thought on the higher rate for second and third divorces is that it is primarily due to the same dysfunctions, emotional needs, habits, MO, etc. don't usually change. In other words, patterns tend to repeat.
86 112
(01-28-2010, 03:09 PM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote: So according to Princess Nubian Julie, if you marry two blokes who turn out to both be total cunts and you divorce them both that makes you a loser does it? I think its makes you a fucking hero with enough will and common sense to end something you are no longer happy with, rather than just get lazy and stay together till you are both old enough to barely stand the sight of each other.

Dear friend,

I fear that it may mean that you have some dysfunction in your attraction, emotions, communication, standards, criteria for being marriage and vow-worthy, something. Good luck.
86 112
Yes. And my guess is that Lumpy probably selected the same jerk twice because she failed to do an introspective self assessment after the frist FAILED MARRIAGE.
(01-28-2010, 03:17 PM)Julie Wrote: Yes. And my guess is that Lumpy probably selected the same jerk twice because she failed to do an introspective self assessment after the frist FAILED MARRIAGE.

She doesn't seem to be willing to change much or even admit to a problem. I hear you on that.
86 112
(01-28-2010, 03:18 PM)Middle Finger Wrote:
(01-28-2010, 03:17 PM)Julie Wrote: Yes. And my guess is that Lumpy probably selected the same jerk twice because she failed to do an introspective self assessment after the frist FAILED MARRIAGE.

She doesn't seem to be willing to change much or even admit to a problem. I hear you on that.

Furthermore, she views being a married person, wife, and mother with contempt. Perhaps because of her double failure...
(01-28-2010, 03:16 PM)Middle Finger Wrote: criteria for being marriage and vow-worthy, something. Good luck.

Yes, lets try that last bit again in English that actually makes sense, not like the nonsensical ramblings of a raving down and out.
Didn't Jules say something disparaging to me before about researching something online to make a point? ::lol::
(01-28-2010, 03:20 PM)Julie Wrote:
(01-28-2010, 03:18 PM)Middle Finger Wrote:

Furthermore, she views being a married person, wife, and mother with contempt. Perhaps because of her double failure...

This potentially ties together rather nicely - sort of like a gift-wrapped bucket of dog crap. I've seen enough of her online over the last few years to qualify me as a help should she ever want me to send a therapist a starting point letter to get the ball rolling.
86 112
(01-28-2010, 03:23 PM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
(01-28-2010, 03:16 PM)Middle Finger Wrote: criteria for being marriage and vow-worthy, something. Good luck.

Yes, lets try that last bit again in English that actually makes sense, not like the nonsensical ramblings of a raving down and out.

Her standards and criteria for what/who is marriage worthy, or vow-worthy, are in question.

These are matters a bit beyond your full understanding since it wasn't until recently that you manned up and married the mother of your child, you fucking man-baby.
86 112