Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Kyron Horman, age 7, missing in Oregon
i have been watching this case since the child vanished on June 4. i will have to provide a brief overview here and then follow carefully in this thread.
there are many children missing all over the country. for some reason this child grabbed peoples' hearts. then it descended into a soap opera nobody could invent on the pathetic lifetime channel.
first..here is Kyron. a darling sweet little boy. he disappeared the day of his school science fair. his stepmother was the last person who saw him according to reports.
the balloons are the "wall of hope" at his school.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.jpg   Kyron_21.jpg (Size: 46.8 KB / Downloads: 215)

you need a program for the players...but here in a nutshell...
the bio-parents are divorced and married to other people now. they are presnting a solid front to the public. Kyron lived with daddy and stepmom. stepmom, terri (red hair) is some sort of loon. supposedly she tried to hire a hitman to kill her husband months ago. and during search for Kyron was texting sexual things to some guy. police will not call her a suspect, but she is. she has lawyered up of course. her husband, kaine, served her with divorce papers and restraining order and says in public he thinks she has something to do with Kyron's disappearance.
personal note, when this all started, before the lurid details started coming out, i did not like stepmom and thought her body language showed deception and crappy acting. but the entire lot is dysfunctional and bizarre.
poor Kyron. he's been lost in the salacious soap opera.

.jpg   terri-moulton-horman-062910-250-thumb-230x350-716681.jpg (Size: 12.88 KB / Downloads: 203)
.jpg   terri horman.jpg (Size: 17.98 KB / Downloads: 199)

this is criminal defense guy terri hired, Stephen Houze.
the father of Kyron has said he thinks another party is involved in Kyron's disappearance. i think he is hoping someone is holding the child alive somewhere. frankly, i think it's wishful thinking. if someone is stupid enough to be holding the child, they are looking at life in prison. and how will they hide him forever? unless they kill him.

a couple more photos of Kyron. by all accounts he is a sweet timid little boy. also, his vision is very poor. my heart goes out to him and i hope nobody hurt him. if he is alive, he must be so confused and frightened.

this is the last known photo of Kyron. supposedly it was taken by stepmother morning of science fair, he is in front of his tree frog exhibit. she says she left him there at school and never saw him again. i hope to hell he wasn't dead within hours of that picture where he is so proud and happy.

Attached Files
.jpg   Kyron_10.jpg (Size: 43.85 KB / Downloads: 185)

you know, i HOPE the father is right and Kyron is alive. IF someone is holding him, they are in deep shit as i said before. they'd have to be nuts. and what would the plan for the long-term be??
as for terri, the non-suspect suspect, she should already be in custody for the hit-man plot. but it's clear they want to get MORE on her, enough to make stick, and most urgently, little Kyron. she has nowhere to hide now.

The father of missing Oregon boy Kyron Horman said he now believes there was someone else aiding his estranged wife with his son's disappearance.

Kaine Horman, who was able to move back into the family's Portland home with the help of a judge's order, declined to say exactly why he believes a third party involved, but told The Oregonian in a statement that his opinion was "based upon briefings."

Terri Horman, the last person known to see 7-year-old Kryon alive, is living with her parents, 170 miles away from the home she once shared with the little boy, her husband and the couple's 20-month-old daughter. A judge ordered her out of the home over the weekend, just weeks after Kaine Horman fled with their little girl amid reports that Terri Horman allegedly approached the landscaper about killing him.

Kaine Horman also told The Oregonian that he changed the locks on the house's doors and fence.

Terri Horman has not been charged or named a person of interest in Kyron's disappearance or in the alleged murder-for-hire plot, but police and the second-grader's family are hoping the pressure she's now living with will cause her to crack.

"Catching criminals is a lot like catching fish," said criminal defense attorney John Hingson III, who is not involved with the Horman case. "What you need to do is to let the fish run and don't try to grab him before it's too early. The police are letting Terri Horman run."

I feel apprehensive whenever I see this thread is updated & I hesitate to check it out...Poor lil' guy.
(07-22-2010, 03:24 PM)Duchess Wrote:

I feel apprehensive whenever I see this thread is updated & I hesitate to check it out...Poor lil' guy.

you know Duchess, you are not the only person who has said they are sometimes afraid to open some of my threads. i understand why. i feel sick sometimes at some things i have had to report over the years.

It's the stories about the children that get to me yet, I click on the thread because I feel the need to know...Go figure.
you CANNOT make this shit up!

Police investigating the disappearance of Oregon second-grader Kyron Horman want to talk to a friend of Kyron's stepmother about the case, but she is apparently refusing to cooperate.

New information suggests Terri's friend DeDe Spicher is involved in the case.
A statement released overnight by the little boy's father and biological mother focuses on DeDe Spicher, a close friend of Horman's estranged wife, Terri Horman, who is under intense scrutiny by police and the community.

Spicher was identified by law enforcement as a confidante of Terri Horman and, according to her estranged husband and Kyron's father, Kaine Horman, she's not cooperating with investigators.

"She has not only been in close communication with Terri but has been providing Terri with support and advice that is not in the best interests of our son," read the family statement, accompanied by a picture of Spicher. "Additional information provided shows that she is refusing to cooperate with law enforcement, she is also going as far as to suggest to others that may have information regarding Kyron's disappearance, not to cooperate as well."

The Oregonian reported that Spicher, 43, was spotted by a witness leaving her job for about 90 minutes on June 4, the day Kyron disappeared from his elementary school. She was gone, the paper reported, around the same time the boy is believed to have vanished and that a second witness reported not being able to reach Spicher on her cell phone during that time.

photo of spicher:

Attached Files
.jpg   dedejpg-2a19858807b33e9b_small.jpg (Size: 8.42 KB / Downloads: 173)

I can't help but wonder why anyone would not do whatever they could to find help find that little boy. Now I'm suspicious of that hausfrau too.
Monday July 26...if anyone is interested, Kyron's parents will be on DATELINE NBC tonight at 10 PM eastern. probably was pre-taped and won't reveal much, but could be of interest to anyone following case.

tomorrow sheriff office will be doing a presser. so far the only reply they have given to any question is "we can't answer that or it would compromise investigation". OK i understand that, so why bother with a presser to announce thay won't say anything? i hate that shit. 52

spicher woman (post #10) testified before Grand Jury today. makes me wonder if they are about to make an arrest before press conference tomorrow. or soon. this was first we heard that a Grand Jury was even convened.

The mystery woman who Kyron Horman's parents believe has information about their son's disappearance appeared Monday before an "investigative grand jury," according to her lawyer.

DeDe Spicher, a longtime friend of the missing Oregon boy's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, was subpoenaed to meet with the panel at a Portland, Ore., area courthouse, lawyer Chad Stavley tells The Oregonian.

"[It] was a preliminary, very short session," adds Stavley. "I anticipate she'll be back in front of the jury sometime in the future."

The lawyer tells CNN's HLN that prosecutors didn't ask Spicher any questions about the case and only asked her to return.

also:

PORTLAND — Kyron Horman's father has gone back to court in an expanding legal battle against the stepmother he believes is involved in the disappearance of the 7-year-old boy from his school last month.

Kaine Horman claimed in documents filed Monday that the stepmother, Terri Horman, paid $350,000 to one of Portland's most prominent defense attorneys — Stephen Houze — to represent her as police continue to examine her whereabouts on the day Kyron disappeared.

Kaine Horman argues he is entitled to half of any money that can be considered marital property, including money Terri Horman pays for legal fees, and asked a judge to order her to disclose the source of the $350,000.

they announced a presser days in advance to announce reward raise?? people were waiting for some REAL fucking news! who gives a shit? rewards do not work when people are involved with murder or kidnapping. jesus christ. fucking ridiculous and sheriff office is starting to look lame. 52

As the investigation into the disappearance of 7-year-old Kyron Horman stretches into its eighth week, Multnomah County sheriff’s officials announced today they are increasing its reward for information from $25,000 to $50,000, as of 3 p.m.

Chief Deputy Tim Moore and Capt. Monte Reiser spoke to the media this afternoon at the sheriff's office new training facility and commissary warehouse off Northeast 172nd Place. Kyron's parents, Desiree Young and Kaine Horman and his stepdad, Tony Young stood behind the sheriff's officials.

july 30. tha parents speak to media again. 8 weeks. poor little boy. it's going to take a miracle for him to be returned home alive. but miracles happen. God?

Oregon Live News.
It's been eight weeks today since his son Kyron disappeared, and Kaine Horman had some strong words for anyone who might be hesitant to share information that could help find the boy.

"I've heard people say that they're afraid to get involved and to come into this and you know," Horman said, his voice steely. "It makes me really emotional...he's afraid, OK? There's no fear that should override his at this point in time. So if you feel you're afraid, put yourself in his shoes for two minutes, OK? This is about him. This is about finding him."

just a point of interest, this was terri horman in 2005.

I wonder if there's a 'roid rage in there somewhere?
this, of course, could mean nothing. but why the fake names? why worry whether police could check pings or otherwise monitor communication? interesting in any case.

PORTLAND, Ore. --Three and possibly more friends of Terri Moulton-Horman, some using fake names, bought prepaid cell phones in the days after Kaine moved out of the family home, according to sources including those who have spoken with investigators.

Sources say a number of Terri’s friends bought these “cold” cell phones, and at least one of those friends has told investigators that they did so because they felt their regular phones were being monitored and they wanted to ensure some privacy.

Some of the phones were also purchased under fake names.

Dede Spicher also bought herself a phone. Someone else bought a phone for Terri, according to sources.

On Thursday, several of Terri's friends were called before a grand jury. On Friday, the Skyline principal was called before the grand jury.

ground searching resumed over the weekend and today about a mile from the school. the renewed search was in response to whatever dede spicher testified to in grand jury.
so it's obviously a body recovery at this time, despite the wishful thinking of the parents who think terri has the child hidden somewhere alive.

This is the only thread that I am always hesitant about coming into. I actually feel a little anxious when I see you have updated it. I just know that one of these days you are going to tell us that his little body has been found. *sigh*
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]