Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Amy Sue Henslee-young MI mom missing
i have to research this, & check into the husband etc. inexplicable.

Amy Sue Henslee is 30 years old, stands about five feet tall, weighing 114 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes.
FOX news
Authorities are searching for a missing 30-year-old mother who was last seen inside her Michigan home early Monday.

Amy Sue Henslee, of Hartford Township, Mich., was reported missing on Monday after her husband said he returned home to find the front door locked and his wife gone, police sources told FoxNews.com.

James Henslee, 32, told investigators that he last saw his wife at home at approximately 7:30 a.m. Monday when he left for work. He said he called the house about three hours later and no one answered the phone, according to police. Henslee then said he drove home to find his wife gone, with her purse, wallet and ID still inside the house.

Henslee did not have access to a car, her husband told investigators.

Lt. William Lux, of the Van Buren County Sheriff's Office, told FoxNews.com that it was unlike Henslee to leave home for a long period of time without notifying her husband or other family members. Henslee is the mother of two young boys.

"We're following up on tips and leads," Lux said in an interview Wednesday. "We spent all day yesterday talking to her friends, coworkers and neighbors."

Henslee is described as 5 feet, weighing 114 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a black nylon coat with brown fur around the hood and black Puma tennis shoes with pink stripes.

Authorities are urging anyone with information on Amy Henslee's whereabouts to call the Van Buren County Sheriff’s Office at 269-657-3101.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

HARTFORD TOWNSHIP — James Henslee isn’t likely to forget the what his young wife said to him Monday morning as he prepared to leave for work.

“I love you,” she said.

Henslee hasn’t heard his wife’s voice — or seen her — since. Now he and the couple’s two sons — ages 10 and 8 — are hoping for the 30-year-old’s safe return.

“I'm hoping for the best but with the more time that goes by you can't help but constantly worry,” James Henslee said. “But I've got to stay strong for my kids.”

Van Buren County sheriff’s investigators say Amy Sue Henslee has been missing since Monday. She was last seen at 7:30 a.m. when her husband left their home in the 67100 block of County Road 372 in Hartford Township for work.

James Henslee said he and his wife have been married for nearly 12 years and always spoke to each other by phone during his 10 a.m. break from work. But when he called Monday, he got no answer and other calls he made to their house between then and 10:30 a.m. also went unanswered.

Henslee said he drove home to check on his wife and found everything in order except that his wife’s black Puma shoes and coat were gone and their dog had yet to be fed or watered — a task Amy Henslee normally took care of every morning.

Henslee said he checked with other family to find out if they had seen or heard from his wife but had no luck. A cousin who stopped by the couple’s home between 9 and 9:30 a.m. Monday told Henslee no one answered the door when he knocked.

Henslee said he is struggling as he tries to figure out where his wife might be. He said she had no plans to go anywhere Monday and family and friends have no reason to believe someone would want to harm her.

He said the couple spent Sunday evening at his wife’s parents’ house watching playoff football. They arrived home Sunday evening and had a normal morning on Monday.

As James Henslee got ready for work, his wife got their two sons on the school bus at about 7:20 a.m. and had coffee waiting for him when he left for work, he said.

“I kissed her on the lips and she had a little toothpaste on her lips and I wiped it off,” Henslee said of Monday morning. “We smiled at each other and that was it.”

Henslee said he reported his wife missing to the sheriff’s office at about 4 p.m. Monday after she didn’t arrive home to meet the couple’s two sons when they got off the school bus.

“We knew if she wasn’t there by the time the kids got off the bus we’d start worrying,” Henslee said. “She doesn’t forget about her kids.”

Sheriff’s Lt. Bill Lux said Henslee’s disappearance is suspicious and police are continuing to investigate. He said police found no evidence of a struggle inside the Henslees’ home and there also was no evidence of forced entry.

He said investigators may have crime lab technicians go through the Henslees’ house for evidence.

Henslee said his wife, who was a stay-at-home mother, did not have access to a vehicle. Sheriff’s deputies found her purse containing her ID and other items at the house.

“Everyone we’ve talked to has said her kids are her world and they mean everything to her,” Lux said. “If she’s gone anywhere for an extended period of time, she’s always called.”

As the investigation continues, a Facebook page for Henslee, “Help Find Amy Henslee,” was created Tuesday. So far, several people have posted messages of support and more than 550 people are listed as “liking” the page.

Meanwhile, James Henslee said he is trying to balance his concern for his missing wife with caring for the couple’s two sons. He said his oldest son has remained quiet so far through the ordeal while his younger son has taken to writing letters for his mother asking, “Has anybody seen my mom?” and “Please bring her home.”

“The youngest woke up this morning asking if mom’s home yet,” said Henslee who described Amy Henslee as a great mother and wife.

“She’s just beautiful,” he said.

The sheriff’s office described Henslee as a white female, 5 feet tall and 114 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes and was last seen wearinga black nylon coat with brown fur around the hood and black Puma tennis shoes with pink stripes.

Authorities ask anyone with information about Henslee’s whereabouts to call the sheriff’s office at 269-657-3101, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-342-7867 or Silent Observer at 269-343-2100.

facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-...979?v=wall

Amy, her husband, and children, Jonah and Jared:

.jpg   167204_150343938354491_150179058370979_251494_3228915_n.jpg (Size: 17.13 KB / Downloads: 129)

police say no reports of domestic violence.

i want the husband to take a polygraph and rule himself out.

“I kissed her on the lips and she had a little toothpaste on her lips and I wiped it off,” Henslee said of Monday morning. “We smiled at each other and that was it.”

that's a lot of superfluous detail.

[Image: 163138_150179091704309_150179058370979_2...9884_n.jpg]

(01-26-2011, 04:14 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: police say no reports of domestic violence.

i want the husband to take a polygraph and rule himself out.

that's a lot of superfluous detail.

Exactly what I was thinking, too. He's created a lot of background to this little story. Smells a little like bullshit to me.

No sign of struggle in the house, back door unlocked, dog chained outside, he rushed home when she didn't answer a phone? Riiiiight.....totally innocent. Smiley_emoticons_stumm
shades of Susan Powell, Stacy Peterson, and even Laci Peterson have occurred to me. this woman did not just walk away.

The Van Buren County Sheriff's Department will hold a press conference at 8:30 Thursday morning regarding the disapearance of Hartford Township resident Amy Henslee.

HARTFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) - Detectives and sheriff’s deputies from Van Buren County were inside the home of Amy Henslee on Wednesday night, and asked her family to leave.

Her relatives cooperated with investigators, who searched the Hartford Township home around 8 p.m.

i just watched the morning presser. there was nothing new to report. a couple things: husband has not taken polygraph yet, they "do not consider him a suspect". i believe that is horseshit, they just don't want him to lawyer up yet. there is a male cousin who supposedly saw her that morning also, they refused to give any info on him. they searched the house last night, and are doing so again this morning. they admit they do not know what they've got...runaway/voluntary missing or foul play. only thing missing from house was her coat and shoes. purse left behind, a big red flag.
phone records being checked, they had no computer. it does not look like husband has criminal record.

Hinky. Very hinky. Coat and shoes...she knew who took her? Felt comfortable stepping out with them?

Scott Peterson didn't have criminal background either. Hopefully you're right about why hubby isnt suspect yet.
the window for her to be snatched is very short if timeline husband reported is correct.
there's some nasty local gossip, but i'm not reporting that shit until it's confirmed.

VAN BUREN COUNTY, MI —

The Van Buren County Sheriff's Department confirms that they have involved the Major Crimes Task Force in the case of Amy Sue Henslee, 30, a mother of two from Hartford who has been missing since Monday morning.

Lt. Bill Lux said despite the Task Force's involvement, that does not mean that a crime has been committed. He said investigators don't have anything to suggest foul play, a scuffle in the house or that an abduction took place.

About 30 neighbors, relatives and friends of the family have been interviewed by the authorities and interviews will continue Thursday. Amy worked at the Elder-Beerman department store from October of 2009 to September of 2010. Several of her former co-workers have been questioned.

Van Buren County deputies have done a "basic" search of the home and property where she lives with her husband, James, and two boys in Hartford. Those searches will now be stepped up. He mentioned Thursday that the department has "30 assignments to be handed out today," said Lux.

"Someone knows something about Amy's whereabouts," Lt. Lux said as he was addressing a room of reporters. "It's obvious she left the house with her coat and shoes."

Lux said that according to her husband, Amy is afraid to answer the door when she is home alone and doesn't normally leave the house. He also said there were no footprints in the snow leaving the home.

"Time is of the essence, because we don't know what we have here," Lux said.

WNDU

Thursday afternoon, police started searching on a Hartford property on County Road 687 that is owned by a relative of James.

The family requested a private company, Mid-Michigan Search and Recovery, join in the search efforts. The canines of that group located a trailer, deep in the wooded area on the back of the property.

Police say they found a large amount of blood both inside and outside of the door to the trailer. That trailer is apparently used for hunting purposes, and it’s unknown at this time whether the blood is human or animal.

A sample of that blood has been sent off for testing.

Oh God.

Hunters don't normally leave a mess...any that I've ever known anyway.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
yet someone who kills a human usually tries to clean up the scene. (if they are known to victim)
sloppy nomatter which it is. it shouldn't take long to determine whether it's human blood. i'd also like to know if they had dogs at that scene. they will not hit on animal blood. and there is a 10-minute presumptive field test for human blood.

edit to add: The canines of that group located a trailer, deep in the wooded area on the back of the property. but were they using her scent to track??

She's tiny, she would have been easily handled by a man. I really hope it's not her husband.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
He did it. It's always the husband or the black dude. I watch the news so I know this to be true.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
starting to sound like husband's cousin. he has been taken in for questioning. at this point i know nothing about him.just the name, Junior Beebe. facebook pic below.

Thursday afternoon, police started searching on a property owned by a relative of Amy Henslee's husband. Police say they found a large amount of blood on the property and have declared it an active crime scene.

WOOD8
HARTFORD, Mich. (WOOD) - Deputies searched a property several miles from Amy Henslee's house and found blood, they said Thursday, however, they have not confirmed its source.

The property sits in the 42000 block of County Road 687 and belongs to some relatives of James Henslee, Amy's husband, police said.

Police were on scene at the property Thursday night, and noted a camper sits in the front, where a "person in question" lives. More facilities are about a quarter-mile behind the unit.

That "person in question" is a cousin of James, and he was taken in for questioning around 6 p.m., police said. Shortly after, Amy's husband was called to the scene. NOT GOOD

A tip there was a vehicle spotted in the area of Henslee's home around the time she disappeared Monday is information her husband also heard. And he told 24 Hour News 8 he knows the driver.

"It was actually a relative of mine, a cousin," he said. "And he told me he came, but nobody was here. But the neighbor tells me that she seen a girl get in the truck, but she couldn't be 100% that it was Amy."

if it's not the husband, good, the children will need him. they have been crying and so upset about their mom. poor kids.

.jpg   hartford+henslee+scene.jpg (Size: 13.31 KB / Downloads: 94)
.jpeg   pic.php.jpeg (Size: 10.91 KB / Downloads: 89)

Jesus Christ. this is just wrong.
mlive.com:
HARTFORD TOWNSHIP — The gut-wrenching sobs of Amy Henslee's mother could be heard from the kitchen as she stood by the television and listened to a reporter who knew more about her missing daughter's case than she did.

The television reports from Thursday evening are how the family first heard that police found a trailer with blood in it.

The trailer belongs to a cousin of Amy's husband, James.

Family members and friends huddled around in the living room and watched the news. How could they be blindsided like that, several asked angrily.

How could the Van Buren County Sheriff's Department not notify Amy Henslee's family first and keep them informed before the media, demanded close family friend Wendy Boyd.

Boyd broke down and began to cry uncontrollably in the kitchen. She didn't have much privacy there — two journalists were waiting for her to sit down for an interview.

She was so angry, but she didn't know who she could call or who would listen.

The family had been waiting for hours for authorities to inform them of how the investigating was going to find Amy Henslee, a 30-year-old stay-at-home mom who disappeared Monday morning.

The final blow was when the television reporter erroneously said the Henslee family was already called to the scene of the bloody trailer.

As the family watched the news, nearly 20 vehicles were parked outside James and Amy Henslee's small grayish house. There were several news trucks that looked intimidatingly large on snow-covered County Road 376 located next to fields and woods.

Ever since a morning press conference at the Van Buren County Sheriff's Department, Boyd patiently fielded question after question in front of several cameras.

She invited reporters into the Henslee house and answered more questions when James Henslee was too shaky to speak.

And now, after all that, Boyd was disgusted.

I need a hug, she said, blinking back tears.

no official word yet. no LE statement!

but this facebook page just went up in her memory.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Loving-...8219295173

AND NO DAMN PRESSER BY LE BEFORE THIS HITS FACEBOOK OR THE NEWS??

VAN BUREN COUNTY, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) – The search for 30-year-old Amy Sue Henslee took a heartbreaking turn Thursday.

A relative tells Newschannel 3 that two bodies were found near the trailer where blood was found earlier on Thursday, relatives say one of them is Amy.

Police say BJ Beebe Jr., a relative of the family who owns the trailer where relatives say the bodies were found, is considered a suspect.

HARTFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) - At least one body was found Thursday night at the trailer where investigators earlier discovered blood, possibly connected to the disappearance of a Hartford Township mother, police sources said.

Neither the body, nor the blood, have been identified.

Officials with the Grand Rapids-based Michigan State Police Crime Lab also were called to the Hartford Township property, several miles from Henslee's home -- in the 42000 block of Country Road 687.

Amy Henslee, 30, hasn't been seen since Monday.

Some relatives of her husband, James Henslee, own the property in question. Police were there Thursday evening and into the night, and took one "person in question" from the scene for questioning: a cousin of James.

That cousin lives in a camper near the front of the Hartford Township property, where the blood was found. Additional facilities sit about a quarter mile behind the unit.