Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do any of you use the Amazon wish list?
For years now I've ignored the Wishlist feature on Amazon and other sites. But recent happenings in my life, such as Ant hiring me to write PHP code, has made me decide that I should start. After all, the hundreds of books I need/want for my programming career are available there, and usually pretty cheap. Some for just 1 cent plus shipping. And after all, why not?

I also made a second "Wishlist" to have a convenient place to store a list of books I would recommend to others.

My personal Wishlist

And

My List of books for other people
[ plug=shameless ]
Oh yeah, and if anyone feels like getting me one as a gift, Christmas is soon, and my birthday is January 6th
[ /plug ]
::aww::
yeah, but primarily for more of a reminder and organizer. I delete many items through time as they fall off my priority list...it helps me from being compulsive too, as most of the books I don't need. If you saw the stacks and stacks of books here in my home office you would understand that I need to temper buying on a whim. The 'wish list' gives me a second chance to weed through the books and music before actually pushing my 'one click purchase' button
Fug duh kund
No, I've never used a wish list anywhere...I'm not coy about stating what I want & if someone were to ask, I would not only say what I desired but, also tell them where they could find it.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Yeah, I've had an Edwardian style gold/garnet ring on there for several years now. :Blush:
I've been thinking, quite some time ago LMPP told me about a feature that they have there, if you know anyones email address you may send them a gift certificate from Amazon...I LOVE that idea...I think it's great for people that don't like to give out their name and address, one can still give them a lil' something for Christmas or their birthday.
It's a fantastic way to give to someone in another country considering how long it takes to get a package overseas.
Here's the ring I want if anyone has $300 they don't need...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ooohhh...very pretty ~ my birthstone too.
I've had one for ages. My mom STILL makes us give her a list for Santa every friggin' year (I really wish she'd stop Christmas altoghether) so I found that giving her my wish list on Amazon was the best way to handle that. She doesn't have to purchase through them but at least she knows the things I like.

If I dont' have that damn list, no matter how direct I am I always get the opposite of what I want.
I did a wish list a while back. But not for others, it is for my own benfit, to keep track of things I plan on purchasing.
Duchess Wrote:No, I've never used a wish list anywhere...I'm not coy about stating what I want & if someone were to ask, I would not only say what I desired but, also tell them where they could find it.
Well, its easier if I have a list and just point them to the list. And you can email your lists too.

Duchess Wrote:I've been thinking, quite some time ago LMPP told me about a feature that they have there, if you know anyones email address you may send them a gift certificate from Amazon...I LOVE that idea...I think it's great for people that don't like to give out their name and address, one can still give them a lil' something for Christmas or their birthday.
And it doesn't show your address to them if they buy it off their wishlist, which is another reason to use it. You pick what address you want items off your list shipped to, and they never see it. I'd honestly rather be surprised than given a gift certificate. Smiley_emoticons_smile After all, I want everything on the list or it wouldn't be there.
QueenBee Wrote:I did a wish list a while back. But not for others, it is for my own benfit, to keep track of things I plan on purchasing.
My list is for both, if someone else buys it for me, I don't have to. But of course, if no one does, I have to Smiley_emoticons_wink
D Wrote:
Duchess Wrote:No, I've never used a wish list anywhere...I'm not coy about stating what I want & if someone were to ask, I would not only say what I desired but, also tell them where they could find it.
Well, its easier if I have a list and just point them to the list. And you can email your lists too.

Duchess Wrote:I've been thinking, quite some time ago LMPP told me about a feature that they have there, if you know anyones email address you may send them a gift certificate from Amazon...I LOVE that idea...I think it's great for people that don't like to give out their name and address, one can still give them a lil' something for Christmas or their birthday.
And it doesn't show your address to them if they buy it off their wishlist, which is another reason to use it. You pick what address you want items off your list shipped to, and they never see it. I'd honestly rather be surprised than given a gift certificate. Smiley_emoticons_smile After all, I want everything on the list or it wouldn't be there.
Hey, I'm really diggin' this wish list thing now !...No one sees my address ?...But, they do see what I'd like to have ?...Holy Hell, what's not to like about an option like that !!!...WooHoo !
Duchess Wrote:Hey, I'm really diggin' this wish list thing now !...No one sees my address ?...But, they do see what I'd like to have ?...Holy Hell, what's not to like about an option like that !!!...WooHoo !
lol, glad I could make your day Smiley_emoticons_wink
Ah Duchess, I love Amazon and my birthday is in a few weeks. j/s ::bigg::
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
LuMPyPussy Wrote:Here's the ring I want if anyone has $300 they don't need...
hey Lumps! i'll get you the garnet ring (what size?) for Christmas, and you can get me this! ::bravo::

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hahaha...Well, they both cost about the same.
I don't think they sell mixers on Amazon Smiley_emoticons_razz