Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
15 children shot in Rio
this is just breaking, i will go search for more info. 8 are dead from preliminary reports. 15 kids shot, shooter killed himself. that's all i know at the moment, if accurate.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Guardian UK

As many as 20 people are feared dead after a gunman invaded a primary school in Rio de Janeiro and opened fire.

One witness told the Guardian he had seen between 15 and 20 children dead or seriously wounded inside the Tasso da Silveira primary school in western Rio.

"It is a massacre, a true massacre," said Roni de Macedo, a fireman who arrived on the scene shortly after the shooting began and dragged eight seriously injured children from the second floor classroom. "There is blood on the walls, blood on the chairs. There are 15 to 20 dead I think," said De Macedo, who was covered in blood.

"I've never seen anything like this. It's like something in the United States."

Witnesses said the shooting began outside the school at around 8.30am when a man opened fire on two boys, shooting one in the head and one in the arm with what was said to be handgun.

He is said to have continued through the school's metal gates and up to a packed classroom the second floor, opening fire on children aged between 11 and 13.

"I saw a load of injured kids, bleeding kids. I saw a dead guy inside. I heard more than 30 shots. My daughter was inside," said Hercilei Antunes, 44, a postman who lives opposite the school.

"It's always been a calm school," he added, standing on his bloodstained porch where he gave first aid to children who had been shot. "Today I heard shots, shots, shots and more shots. I tried to go in but he shot more and I am not made of steel."

With police helicopters hovering overhead, Yvonette Fernandes, 51, wept as she looked for news of her 12-year-old niece alongside scores of desperate parents. "Where is she? I want to know where she is!"

Wall Street Journal

RIO DE JANEIRO--Police confirmed at least 13 people were killed and more than 20 wounded early Thursday after a former student opened fire at a public elementary school in the western portion of the city.

Wellington Menezes de Oliveira, a 24-year-old former student at the Tasso da Silveira elementary school, entered the school with two loaded 38-caliber revolvers and opened fire before turning the gun on himself, police said.

Mr. Oliveira left a letter, saying that he wanted to commit suicide, officials said.

A police officer nearby responded to the cries of wounded children, cornering Mr. Oliveira and exchanging shots, police said. Mr. Oliveira was wounded in the leg before turning the gun on himself, according to initial reports from police.

The tragedy shocked the family-oriented Brazilian society, where violence against children is rare. The school is located in Realengo, in the west of a city widely known for its beaches and stunning natural beauty.

Civil Police Chief Marta Rocha and Military Police commander Mario Sergio were on the way to the site, a police spokeswoman said. Television images showed wounded being ferried to a nearby soccer field, where waiting helicopters were set to airlift victims to a local hospital.

(04-07-2011, 10:31 AM)Lady Cop Wrote:

Mr. Oliveira left a letter, saying that he wanted to commit suicide, officials said.

The note allegedly stated he had AIDS. (msnbc)

Fucking psycho bastard.
This is such a heartbreaking story. I started crying half way through and
am not sure what feeling is more prominent....anger, sadness, frustration
grief, horror. I am totally and utterly f-ing pissed.
Telegraph:

“It is a massacre, a true massacre,” said Roni de Macedo, a fireman who arrived on the scene shortly after the shooting began and dragged eight seriously injured children from a second floor classroom.

“There is blood on the walls, blood on the chairs. There are 15 to 20 dead I think,” said Mr De Macedo, who was covered in blood.

“I’ve never seen anything like this. It’s like something in the United States.”

Authorities have identified the shooter as 24-year-old Wellington Menezes de Oliveira, who is believed to be a former student at the school. Police said he left a letter saying he wanted to commit suicide.

Witnesses said the shooting began outside Tasso da Silveira school at around 8.30am when Mr de Oliveira opened fire on two boys, shooting one in the head and one in the arm with two loaded 38-caliber revolvers .
Related Articles

He is said to have continued through the school’s metal gates and up to a packed classroom on the second floor, opening fire on children aged between 11 and 13 before turning the gun on himself.

“I saw a load of injured kids, bleeding kids. I saw a dead guy inside. I heard more than 30 shots. My daughter was inside,” said Hercilei Antunes, a postman who lives opposite the school.

Desperate parents search for their children as police helicopters hover overhead. The shooting has shattered the peace in this normally quiet neighbourhood.

Yvonette Fernandes wept as she looked for news of her 12-year-old niece. “Where is she? I want to know where she is!”

The Brazilian television network, TV GloboNews, cited police as saying a total of 12 people were dead, with as many as 22 others wounded, though it has not been confirmed if the victims were teachers, children or parents.

The network showed images of the wounded being loaded into ambulances at the elementary school in the western Rio neighbourhood of Realengo.

(04-07-2011, 09:57 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: "I've never seen anything like this. It's like something in the United States."

You should ashamed of yourselves setting such a bad example to Brasil.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(04-07-2011, 11:00 AM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
(04-07-2011, 09:57 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: "I've never seen anything like this. It's like something in the United States."

You should ashamed of yourselves setting such a bad example to Brasil.

SEASCALE, England (AP) — Derrick Bird killed his twin brother and the family lawyer, then traveled the roads he had worked as a taxi driver, shooting people — apparently aiming for their faces — killing 12 in all and wounding nearly a dozen before committing suicide.

"You can't legislate to stop a switch flicking in someone's head and this kind of dreadful event taking place," he told reporters at his Downing Street office.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

here's the murdering bastard. and the school.
reports are still varying on casualties.

(04-07-2011, 11:38 AM)IMaDick Wrote: SEASCALE, England (AP) — Derrick Bird killed his twin brother and the family lawyer, then traveled the roads he had worked as a taxi driver, shooting people — apparently aiming for their faces — killing 12 in all and wounding nearly a dozen before committing suicide.

"You can't legislate to stop a switch flicking in someone's head and this kind of dreadful event taking place," he told reporters at his Downing Street office.

Bitch please, I will take the Pepsi challenge with you over who has the worst and most gun crime between the UK and US any fucking day.

Ironic is it not that a fucking Brazilian said "this is terrible it's just like America!"

A BRAZILIAN dick.

What the hell does that tell you?
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
(04-07-2011, 12:06 PM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
(04-07-2011, 11:38 AM)IMaDick Wrote: SEASCALE, England (AP) — Derrick Bird killed his twin brother and the family lawyer, then traveled the roads he had worked as a taxi driver, shooting people — apparently aiming for their faces — killing 12 in all and wounding nearly a dozen before committing suicide.

Bitch please, I will take the Pepsi challenge with you over who has the worst and most gun crime between the UK and US any fucking day.

Ironic is it not that a fucking Brazilian said "this is terrible it's just like America!"

A BRAZILIAN dick.

What the hell does that tell you?

It tells me that it can happen anywhere, and when it does it's a tradjedy, it's fucked up, but it's not the gun it's the person.

OP, we have crossed this ground before, the US has a much larger population than your little island, the stats are going to reflect that.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Gun crime stats 14 times worse than the UK with a population less than 5 times that of the UK.

Keep drinking the NRA koolaid dick.
(04-07-2011, 12:17 PM)IMaDick Wrote: tradjedy

When dick has a brainfart he always follows through and shits his pants.

hah
(04-07-2011, 12:53 PM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote: Gun crime stats 14 times worse than the UK with a population less than 5 times that of the UK.

Keep drinking the NRA koolaid dick.

And you keep believing the state run media there in merry old London.

By David Barrett, Home Affairs Correspondent 11:58AM BST 18 Oct 2008
Figures to be published by the Home Office this week will massively understate the scale of the problem.

Data provided to The Sunday Telegraph by nearly every police force in England and Wales, under freedom of information laws, show that the number of firearms incidents dealt with by officers annually is 60 per cent higher than figures stated by the Home Office.

John Adams

(04-07-2011, 01:02 PM)IMaDick Wrote: And you keep believing the state run media there in merry old London.

Figures to be published by the Home Office this week will massively understate the scale of the problem.

Data provided to The Sunday Telegraph by nearly every police force in England and Wales, under freedom of information laws, show that the number of firearms incidents dealt with by officers annually is 60 per cent higher than figures stated by the Home Office.

Still nowhere near as high as gun crime in the wild wild west.
(04-07-2011, 01:15 PM)Ordinary Peephole Wrote:
(04-07-2011, 01:02 PM)IMaDick Wrote: And you keep believing the state run media there in merry old London.

Still nowhere near as high as gun crime in the wild wild west.

and nowhere near as low as you stated.

I won't even get into the demographics of the crime stats, you wouldn't understand it anyway.

John Adams

(04-07-2011, 01:27 PM)IMaDick Wrote: and nowhere near as low as you stated.

I won't even get into the demographics of the crime stats, you wouldn't understand it anyway.

I never said gun crime in the UK was low, just a lot lower than the US, which isn't difficult.

No please go into the demographics I enjoy a larf.
body of gunman carried out. may he scream in hell forever.

[Image: article-1374484-0B86AD9F00000578-859_634x505.jpg]

kids running scared, and gunman on CCTV

(04-07-2011, 11:43 AM)Lady Cop Wrote: here's the murdering bastard. and the school.
reports are still varying on casualties.

Disgusting piece of shit!!

RIP kids.

"Three great forces rule the world: stupidity, fear and greed."

- Albert Einstein
yep. killed by steak knives in the wrong hands.
full story and more photos at link below

A gunman opened fire with an automatic weapon at a crowded shopping mall outside Amsterdam on Saturday, leaving at least seven people dead and wounding 15 others, with children among the victims, Dutch officials said.

The attacker was among the dead after fatally shooting himself at the Ridderhof mall in Alphen aan den Rijn, Mayor Bas Eenhoorn said. The suburb is less than 15 miles southwest of Amsterdam.

Four of the wounded were in critical condition, five were in serious condition and at least two others were slightly wounded, Eenhoorn said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1J3lLd1ur

.gif   Machine-Gun.gif (Size: 4.3 KB / Downloads: 18)