Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Madeleine McCann, Scotland Yard and the parents
i dislike even paying attention to this hopeless cold case at this point, where once i had a lengthy thread about poor Maddie.
the recent spate of articles and book tour TV appearances by the parents is for ONE purpose...to flog a book. $$$$$$$$$
should cold old cases be reviewed periodically? yes. but this is beyond the usual scope.

[Image: maddie1_55463s.jpg]

Daily Mail

The new police inquiry into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann was yesterday described as a ‘ludicrous’ waste of money by a senior member of the body which governs Scotland Yard. Sherlock

Jenny Jones said the millions spent on the review by British detectives – ordered last week by David Cameron – would deny ‘other victims of crime the chance of justice’.

Ms Jones, a member of the Metropolitan Police Authority, has vowed to do everything in her power to stop the inquiry.

Her comments echo disquiet expressed by her fellow MPA member, Labour peer Toby Harris, who accused the Prime Minister of undermining the operational independence of the police.

Ms Jones said Madeleine’s parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, had been given preferential treatment.

‘The police should not take this case up in this way,' she said.

'It is ludicrous. This could take years and will cost millions. It is very unusual for police to step in like this and it is not an appropriate use of police resources.’

Ms Jones, who is also a member of the London Assembly, added that the MPA would now be ‘asking tough questions about this’.

‘The Government is closing down the Forensic Science Service because there are not enough funds. This is a crucial part of police work. Although it is tragic and I feel for the McCanns, how can the Prime Minister justify spending millions of pounds on one case?’

Maddie, who would have turned eight last week, went missing from a Portuguese holiday apartment in May 2007. Her parents believe she is still alive but Portuguese Police shelved the case in 2008.

Now the Metropolitan Police will ‘bring their expertise’ to the search for Maddie. The review will be led by Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood who, after a cold case review, snared murderer Miguel da Silva 15 years after he strangled mother-of-two Susan Martin, 44, in 1994.

The McCanns yesterday dismissed the criticism saying: ‘We welcome their involvement.’

They said Mr Cameron gave assurances that all funds for the case review would come from central Government and would not eat into the force’s budget.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

They accidentally killed her, there is very little doubt in my mind that they sedated her so they could have some peace while drinking at the hotel bar and they gave her too much and she died.

They then ditched the body.
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
you and i have always pretty much agreed on that scenario OP.
have you seen her on the book tour? discussing her lack of a sex life with husband after Maddie vanished. and saying she thinks Maddie was snatched because she was wearing a cute new outfit? blah blah blah more of the same shite. and saying she thinks the twins were drugged by kidnapper. uh huh.

Her book was serialised last week in The Sun tabloid newspaper which prompted the popular joke:-

"Kate McCanns looking healthy and tanned"

"Well she has been lying in the Sun for a week".

Gallows humour.

:(
We need to punish the French, ignore the Germans and forgive the Russians - Condoleezza Rice.
hah

Madeleine's holiday was a typical trip to a European resort. Ruined by a stupid Gerry.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

more McCann bollocks.
full story at link.

[Image: article-2019698-0D328BE600000578-199_308x185.jpg]

The parents of Madeleine McCann are awaiting the results of a DNA test after a young girl suspected of being the missing child was spotted in India.

Kate and Gerry McCann's team of private investigators say they are working with police in the northern city of Leh which lies in the state of Jammu and Kashmir. It’s the northernmost state of India and is situated mostly in the Himalayas.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1TOjIuVlQ

You know I listen to your point of view very seriously because I think you know what you are talking about. When you take the emotion out of it all it makes sense what you are saying. Having said that, I hope you are wrong, I hope she is alive. If they are doing all that to cover that then that is horrible. Also, who goes out to dinner and leaves children alone? That I did not understand. It traumatised the whole world. It was awful.
thanks.
the child in post 6 was not Maddie. no surprise.

(07-28-2011, 06:43 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: [snipped]... Also, who goes out to dinner and leaves children alone? ....

Parents who are positive their young children won't be waking up for the two hours they'll be gone.

Otherwise, you're right that it makes no sense. There's too much that could happen to unattended children - wandering off, cuts (trying to cut an apple with a knife), drowning in toilet, head injuries (climbing up on chair or bouncing on bed), fire (if there were hotel matchbooks around). And these parents were two doctors who knew better. I have very little doubt that the McCanns drugged their children.

If anyone is interested, I found this video series enlightening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxGhlYTNisw

I believe this version of events, it seems to make the most sense to me.

Maddie and the twins were drugged to keep them sleeping while mom and dad had some fun. Maddie woke up when she heard her father talking and slipped and hit her head on the window ledge. Instead of reporting it (and possibly losing custody of the twins) they dispose of her body and call it an abduction.

I only hope this new investigation will uncover the truth and expose these liars.
oh give me a freaking break.

must be time to flog their book again.

A new team of detectives will go over thousands of pages of case files and search for new clues
Gerry and Kate McCann welcome the development and hope it will lead to the case being reopened

Madeleine was nearly four when she went missing from her family's holiday flat in the Algarve in 2007

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...z1oe48Whtt

[Image: article-2112686-022BA39E00000578-340_468x802.jpg]

The thing that has always done It for me with this was the Cadaver dogs who detected the smell of death In the apartment and In the boot of the McCann's hire car.
Don't hold me to this because I am going from memory of an Investigation Into Cadavers I saw a few years back. In that Investigation, I think I am right In saying, they proved that worldwide, never In history had a Cadaver been proved wrong.
There was a case In the US where It was deemed the Cadaver's had got It wrong when police could find no evidence to charge a suspected killer despite the Cadavers smelling death In his home. It was recorded that the dogs had made a mistake. Something like 20 years later the skeletal remains of the victim was discovered and fibres on the clothing proved It was the original suspect and that those dogs had It right first time round.
So are the McCann's trying to tell us that their Cadavers are the only time In recorded crime history that have got It wrong? I don't think so.
Of course America had been discovered earlier. It was hushed up.

Mark Twain

4/25/12 *yawn*

[Image: BritainMissingGirl.jpg]

LONDON – British police on Wednesday asked Portugal to reopen the case of missing girl Madeleine McCann, saying that as the fifth anniversary of her disappearance approaches there is a possibility she is still alive. Bullshit

Police also released a new image of what McCann would likely look like today, expressing hope that she would be found even years after the then-3-year-old vanished on May 3 while on a trip to Portugal with her family.

I do believe she's still alive. I think she was stolen and sold into the sex slave trade. People are fuckin sick and she was a very pretty little girl.
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.
Citing a lack of new evidence, Portuguese police will not reopen the Madeleine McCann missing child case, despite British police claiming Wednesday to have 195 new leads.

"There are no new elements at the moment that would allow for the reopening of the inquiry," Pedro do Carmo, deputy head of the Portugal criminal police department reportedly told AFP.

The decision comes one day after British police reviewing McCann's disappearance said they believed she could still be alive five years after she vanished.

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood of Scotland Yard's Homicide and Serious Crime Command said he is leading a team of 37 police officers who have been reviewing 40,000 pieces of evidence gathered since May.

"As we have always said, the prosecution will only reopen the case if there are new, credible and relevant facts, and not on the basis of hypothesis or speculation," a spokesman for the Portuguese police station reportedly told AFP.

"We would like the case to be reopened; our case is clear," Redwood told reporters Wednesday. "I should stress quite clearly that the decision is in Portugal."

LC, have you read any of the stuff from the original Portuguese lead detective in this case? I came across it while reading some article, a few months back. HE KNOWS. I think the McCanns sued him for fingering them.

Beyond the disgust I feel toward these self absorbed narcissists drugging their kids so they could booze it up, the British establishment that circled the wagons to protect these negligent, worthless pieces of shit, makes me wanna puke. They know full well what happened and they have engaged in a cover up, followed by wasting taxpayer resources to 'investigate' something they had no intention of doing anything about (dog and pony show). I know they prevented the Portuguese investigators from working in the UK. To top it off, they have helped facilitate the financial fraud on the part of the perpetrators and their cohorts. Lots of filth cashing in on this dead kid.
I hope you are wrong shitstorm. That incident traumatised the whole world.
i totally agree with SS. Notworthy

now they've dragged their 7-year-old twins into the publicity-seeking (flog-a-book $$$) orgy...stating the twins are going to "help find Maddie". 34

they are repugnant lying attention whores on an international scale.

i NEVER ever believed anything they spewed.

(05-04-2012, 03:13 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: I hope you are wrong shitstorm. That incident traumatised the whole world.

Wrong about what part? It all looks pretty cut and dried to me and the Portuguese cops solved the crime - even without a body. Rather, I should say, that the cadaver dogs confirmed it all. As for the British establishment, we've all seen what they did to protect a well off, well connected couple of sociopaths. All the "find Maddie" baloney was a show for the masses and nothing more. The only part I don't understand is why Portugal doesn't arrest the two of them and put them on trial. I sure as hell would. They don't need a body for a conviction.
would England extradite them?

i could research that i guess. hah but i'm tired.