Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
A good neighbor
Police in New Mexico say an alert neighbor chased down a suspected kidnapper and then rescued 6-year-old girl. The suspect, 29-year-old Phillip Garcia, is facing kidnapping and other charges.

Full story here in the Albuquerque Journal
http://www.abqjournal.com/main/2011/08/1...angel.html

Video of story here....
http://www.norwichbulletin.com/photos/vi...941&lid=us
your link wanted me to subscribe to read.

suspect
[Image: story.suspect.phil.garcia.koat.jpg]

Check out CNN affiliate KOAT-TV in Albuquerque, New Mexico, for local reports.

(CNN) -- A New Mexico man is credited with rescuing a 6-year-old after he chased down a suspected kidnapper who hurled the girl into his van and took off.

The girl went to a neighbor's house Monday to pick up a package of tostadas, authorities said.

Antonio Diaz Chacon noticed a commotion when a man grabbed the girl at a mobile home park in southwest Albuquerque.

Chacon saw the man, later identified as Phillip Garcia, cover her mouth and place her in a blue van, according to an Albuquerque police report.

"We heard a man going, 'Hey, hey, let her go,'" his wife, Martha Diaz, told a 911 dispatcher. "The man came running to us. He said, 'They stole our little girl.'"

"My husband went after him," she said.

As Chacon followed Garcia, police received a frantic call from a 12-year-old sibling of the kidnapped girl.

"What's wrong?" the 911 operator asks.

"My little sister is missing," was the response. "She went to go to the neighbors. ... The neighbor is right here ... and when she was coming back, or on her way, she just like disappeared."

Chacon chased the van for several miles before Garcia crashed into a light pole and fled on foot, allowing him to rescue the girl and return her home, police said.

Garcia later returned to the van, police said. He fled down the roadway and got stuck on a mesa before being apprehended, police said.

Garcia has been charged with kidnapping, child abuse and tampering with evidence.

A search of the van found a package of tostadas like the ones the girl went to get, police said.

The girl's father said he appreciates what Chacon did.

LC, Sorry about the bad link for the Albuquerque Journal. The second link, the video, should work.
As human nature dictates, this thread will get far less attention as any thread with death in it. Death sells and good deeds do not. It's the nature of the human psyche.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
The guy deserves a medal and a gun.

He is better than the APD with a whole lot less restrictions on the use of deadly force.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

(08-17-2011, 10:35 AM)Maggot Wrote: As human nature dictates, this thread will get far less attention as any thread with death in it. Death sells and good deeds do not. It's the nature of the human psyche.

Maggot, Sad, but true.

I agree, IMa
Applause for this young man. We need more people willing to get involved. He saved the life of this young girl.
In all the sadness, here's one with a happy ending!

Super Hero!

Phillip Garcia, 29, had snatched the girl moments earlier on Monday afternoon in Albuquerque, taking her away in a blue van, police said.

Diaz's husband, Antonio Diaz Chacon, jumped in his black pickup and gave chase. Garcia tried to lose him by driving through a maze of residential streets, "turning, and turning," Diaz Chacon, a 24-year-old mechanic said Tuesday night as a swarm of media stood outside his home to hear his story. The events were interpreted and relayed from Spanish to English by his wife.

Finally, Diaz Chacon said, the man crashed into a telephone pole.

Garcia fled on foot, and Diaz Chacon grabbed the girl and took her home. Garcia then returned to his wrecked van and took off but was later captured by police, authorities said.

Hidden under a rock just 25 feet from the van was packing tape and a tie-down strap, police said.

Inside the impounded van were tostadas, a glove, a Leatherman tool, a black satchel, orange strapping similar to the strap found hidden under the rock, police said.

"This little girl was very lucky," police Sgt. Tricia Hoffman said. "We can only guess what would have happened to this child."

"Throughout the county we see situations like this and they do not end typically well," she said.

Diaz Chacon, she said, "did an amazing, amazing job and he saved this girl's life"

You gotta feel proud of the guy...he did such a brave, and lifesaving thing.
A good neighbor
Harvest Moon

i would merge them, but i always fuck it up. hah

Oops! I should read more before posting. You can delete this thread if you want to.

*crawls back under rock*
(08-17-2011, 05:42 PM)Fibonacci Prima Wrote: Oops! I should read more before posting. You can delete this thread if you want to.

*crawls back under rock*

no problem. but the link i posted didn't work. jesus.

whoooo! i merged it right! hah

That's a great story! Does the sick fuck have any priors? Being a cynic I tend to doubt that he got caught the very first time he tried to do this; I wonder if there have been other victims.

The best ending would be that he gets locked up for a loooonnng time.
Commando Cunt Queen
It's good to see a thread with hero's in it, it kinda evens out the bad a bit. Smiley_emoticons_smile
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
this is the hero Antonio Diaz Chacon Notworthy

[Image: 37d4d7ef-12b9-4048-b065-ab89c7b00f0b.jpg]

We need more like him, that's for sure. Smiley_emoticons_smile