Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hurricane Irene
this will remain a sticky until Irene has passed. please all our members in the path of this bitch be prepared, fill your gas tanks, get cash because when power goes ATMs go, blah blah you probably know the drill.
i have been through 12 hurricanes in florida, and i have to say i am frightened about the current projections for this thing. it's aimed right at Cape Cod. i am ready to just pack up and haul my cute ass back to the florida swamp! WTF these things followed me up here. Andrew in Miami in '92 took out a couple of my family members' homes completely. there was a 'cane here in 1938 that was devastating, everyone is talking in terms of that. so yes i am worried.

anyway as pertains to Mock...Duchess may be hit and lose power. i may lose power when i am hit, probably sunday. so we may not be here during some periods of time. i apologize in advance. we have asked our tech Conor to check in and see if Mock is up.

be safe everyone! and check in here when it's over!

[Image: atlantic-img-05.jpg]

[Image: the_great_hurricane_1938.large_.jpg]

[Image: c1main.irene.prep.nc.gi.jpg]

(08-25-2011, 01:30 PM)Lady Cop Wrote: [b][color=#DCDCDC]this will remain a sticky until Irene has passed. please all our members in the path of this bitch be prepared, fill your gas tanks, get cash because when power goes ATMs go, blah blah you probably know the drill.

...and fill up any gas cans you have, too. During the ice storm in 2008 we ended up driving an hour looking for an open station so we could get gas for the generator. If we had thought to fill our cans before the ice storm hit-we wouldn't have had such a big fight while driving around.Smiley_emoticons_biggrin

Great Post. Be Safe Everyone!!! Have your cell phone charged. Check in with
relatives far away as more than likely you will not be able to reach locals. Water.
Meds. You know the drill and I hope if you are in teh danger area, you will check in
here when you are safe so we can rest easier!
i better not see that idiot whoraldo rivera up here clinging to a STOP sign like he did in Key West while all the locals laughed at his sorry ass! hah

[Image: thwindy.gif]

And the animals.

Remember your animals.

Note to Ohio readers: Your is not the same as you're.
Please be safe.
Do you want me to change the course of the hurricane?

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

well Dick i thought you were going to stay away and sulk 111 forever while i am blown away. would you care? would you miss me? 21
this is only blow job you're getting!
hah

[Image: 128958481124292942.jpg]

it's just a few miles of a ride southwest to not be where you are, what's stopping you?

I hear missouri is beautiful this time of year.

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Fill up containers with water and freeze them now. It will help keep freezer cold a bit longer...and you will have a bit more fresh water. Our best Ike investment was a camp stove. Made everything from heating soup to making coffee or tea possible. (French press coffee was a lifesaver as well.). If you can get a converter for your car battery, you can have emergency power on and off. Another lifesaver for long evenings. We had no power for 3 weeks post Ike. It was brutally hot. Still have flashbacks. Not good.

Stock up, hunker down and good luck! :-)
already some ferry service to islands is stopped until tuesday & people are pulling their boats out.
i have to laugh at Cape Cod evacuation route... they can't even get all the Boston weekenders off-cape on a sunday evening without total gridlock on the 2 bridges.

If Martha’s Vineyard suffers a direct hit, expect Edgartown Harbor to face the worst of it.

“This is a really bad harbor for hurricanes,” said Harbormaster Blair. “It’s open to the ocean down to the bay so everything will roll through. A regular nor’easter, we’re a good harbor. But all bets are off when you have a named storm.”

sagamore bridge to get off Cape

[Image: ec-SagamoreBridge.jpg]

Left FL cause it's hurricane season there right now. And low & behold Irene is said to be skirting FL, & heading right here to NE Sunday, and will be disastrous. Good luck to all in Irene's path, may we all fare well!
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

where are you Cracker? are you getting hit now? i know there are evacuations in coastal areas of Carolinas.

Forget about Cracker . . . she's using Mexicans to board her windows.

Where's your son? Did he bail to Hollywood?
Cracker should consider using plywood. Mexicans are too lazy to protect windows.
Have you seen the price of plywood?

Outrageous!

Yea but it won't crap out and drink all the beer halfway through the job.
(08-25-2011, 02:31 PM)Fibonacci Prima Wrote: Fill up containers with water and freeze them now. It will help keep freezer cold a bit longer...and you will have a bit more fresh water. Our best Ike investment was a camp stove. Made everything from heating soup to making coffee or tea possible. (French press coffee was a lifesaver as well.). If you can get a converter for your car battery, you can have emergency power on and off. Another lifesaver for long evenings. We had no power for 3 weeks post Ike. It was brutally hot. Still have flashbacks. Not good.

Stock up, hunker down and good luck! :-)

Great Tips!! Sorry to hear you had no power for 3 weeks that is rough! I suffered through an ice storm and no power for 1 week - rough as hell!
Folks need to keep extra savings for emergencies. Love the French Press & cans of soup, a small generator is handy also & extra gas, candles, matches, oil lamps & flash lights.

Good Luck everyone!!

(08-25-2011, 03:25 PM)Fibonacci Prima Wrote: Yea but it won't crap out and drink all the beer halfway through the job.

You're right.

And you can't use them as fuel, either.
i don't fear much. but i do fear hurricanes. when Andrew hit Miami my aunt was almost killed as she lay in her bathtub while her house tore apart. she and my cousins lost everything they owned. some things priceless such as a lifetime of photos, etc. she still gets nervous when a storm is coming. and Miami and environs looked like Hiroshima after the bomb. it was awful. and of course everyone remembers Katrina.

all those years i lived/worked in florida we would be activated when a 'cane was coming. we were required to live/sleep/eat at the jail, that was a nightmare. we had to stay on call 24/7. our kids would be taken by other Sheriff Depts. inland.

when it hit we did not answer 911 calls. it was unsafe for us to be on the road. but the populace had fair warning and were told to evacuate. if they chose not to, fuck 'em. i always told the Sheriff we should issue toe-tags for people who decided to stay at the beaches. they could just write their names on them and tie them on. save us the trouble of ID after.