Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Sheena Pierce, 23, missing S.C.
i'm just learning about this, need to do some research. friend says this is not typical for her. she was staying with sick stepfather, from one report.

[Image: Sheena_Coleen_Pierce1_t607.JPG]

SC

WILLIAMSTON — Police say there has been activity on the Facebook page of Sheena Pierce, the young mother who has been missing from Williamston for almost two weeks.

But Capt. Jay Grubbs said Tuesday that the young woman’s cell phone has not been used since Aug. 24.

“Somebody has friended someone on her Facebook account, but we don’t know if that is actually her or someone who is pretending to be her,” Grubbs said. “We are working to figure that out.”

Pierce, 23, was last seen Aug. 19 outside her stepfather’s home on C Street in Williamston.

Pierce’s stepfather, Jerry Allen, told the Independent Mail this week that he had received some text messages from her phone since Aug. 19, but became concerned last Thursday when her phone stopped ringing and went straight to voicemail.

She was reported missing Sunday.

As of Tuesday afternoon, Pierce’s phone still goes straight to her voicemail.

Some people in Allen’s neighborhood told police that they had seen Pierce leave in a silver sports utility vehicle with a person named Casey Whitt.

Grubbs said authorities have interviewed a man by that name to gather information, but since then have received conflicting information about whether the Casey Whitt the neighbors are referring to is a man or a woman.

“We are looking for a female Casey Whitt, too,” he said. “We want to talk to anybody who might have information.”

Grubbs said that police have also interviewed Pierce’s mother and sister. Grubbs said Pierce and her sister had been estranged, but an accident brought them back together and, until recently, they “had been talking two or three times a day.”

Grubbs said authorities are not ready to say that they suspect a crime in Pierce’s disappearance, but added that he is growing more and more concerned.

“I am optimistic and will stay that way as long as possible,” he said. “But all of the family members we have talked to say this is nothing like anything she would do.”

Pierce has a 5-year-old daughter. Allen said in a previous interview with the Independent Mail that it is unlike Pierce to go without contacting her little girl. The child is staying with her father.

Pierce recently left the child’s father, though Allen said the two had lived together about eight years before the recent split.

Grubbs said he is working closely with authorities in neighboring states, particularly with those in North Carolina. That is because Allen received one text message from Pierce’s phone that indicated she was “in the mountains.”

Anyone with information about Pierce is asked to call Williamston police at (864) 847-7425.

WILLIAMSTON, SC --

Williamston Police are searching for a missing 23-year old woman. Captain Jay Grubbs says there are some red flags that cause concern about the disappearance of Sheena Coleen Pierce. However, Grubbs says police do not have anything concrete that points to foul play.

Captain Jay Grubbs said that Sheena Coleen Pierce was reported missing by her step-father, Jerry Michael Allen, on Sunday and she has been missing for almost two weeks.

According to a report obtained by Seven On Your Side, Pierce has not been seen since August 19. The report states that Allen said that she had recently left her husband and moved in with him. He told officers that she had left with a man, believed to be Casey Whitt, and he did not become concerned until August 25, when her cell phone would not ring.

Allen said that he received several text messages from Pierce's cell phone stating that she was "Okay, happy and having fun and wanted everyone to leave her alone right now." However, Allen stated that she would not reveal her location.

In the report, Allen said that it was "unlike" Pierce to take off and not tell anyone and she has not done anything like this before. He also told officers that the last time he saw her, all she had is what she had on and she did not take any extra clothing with her.

Grubbs said that at this time, Police investigators do not have an indication of foul play involved with Pierce's disappearance.

Pierce is a white female, 5-foot-3, 143 pounds with blue eyes and brown hair. She was last seen wearing a green t-shirt, blue jeans and black flip flops. If anyone has any information on Pierce's whereabouts, they are asked to call Williamston Police at (864) 847-7425.

facebook page for her has photos and some more info.

http://www.facebook.com/find.sheena

August 30, 2011: WILLIAMSTON, SOUTH CAROLINA: Police are looking for a young mother from Williamston who has been missing for nearly two weeks.

Sheena Pierce was last seen Aug. 19 outside her stepfather’s home on C Street in Williamston, South Carolina. She is 23, and has a 5-year-old daughter.

The search continued Tuesday morning, said Capt. Jay Grubbs of the Williamston Police Department. The department is coordinating with North Carolina authorities to make sure Pierce is not the same missing woman also being sought there, Grubbs said.

Pierce’s stepfather, Jerry Allen, said his neighbor saw Pierce getting into the back seat of a silver sports utility vehicle, possibly a Kia, with a dark stripe on the hood.

“I wasn’t home, but he was out cutting his grass and saw her,” Allen said. “She got in the middle of the back seat and there was another man in the back seat.”

Pierce has not been seen since.

Her stepfather said that it is out of character for her to just take off and not tell anyone where she is going.

“She wouldn’t do that to her family,” he said. “She wouldn’t do that to her little girl.”

Allen said his stepdaughter recently moved into his home after she left her husband. “I’ve had a stroke, so she moved in to take care of me,” Allen said. “She is recently separated, but she has lived with that guy for eight years and he has never laid a hand on her. He sat right here with me last night and cried like a baby.”

Allen said he was not worried about his stepdaughter at first, because she is an adult. But he started worrying late last week when her cell phone stopped ringing and instead went straight to voicemail.

That cell phone number went straight to voicemail again Monday night.

Allen said he had gotten several text messages from Pierce’s cell phone since she was last seen, but he is not sure that his stepdaughter is the person sending the messages.

“I got one saying, ‘I’m in the mountains,’ and I said ‘What are you doing in the mountains?’” Allen said. “All she said back was, ‘I’m OK. I’m happy.’”

Allen said he didn’t know which mountains the message might refer to. He said that one of the messages said that his stepdaughter wanted to be left alone.

“I just can’t believe that is her,” he said. “It doesn’t sound like her. We kind of have our own little code and she just doesn’t talk like that. And she would not go this long without talking to her daughter. ”

The little girl is staying with her father, Allen said.

Allen said that he thinks Pierce left the house with only the clothes on her back.

She is 5 feet 3, about 140 pounds. She has brown hair and blue eyes, and was last seen wearing a green T-shirt, jeans and flip flops.

Grubbs said investigators can find no evidence that Pierce borrowed money from anyone, or that she had any credit cards or debit cards. She also does not appear to have her own bank account, Grubbs said.

“From everything we have heard, it is totally unlike her to just leave with no explanation,” Grubbs said. “This remains a very active investigation, and we are looking for leads.”

Allen said he can think of no reason that his stepdaughter would willingly leave.

His voice breaks when he talks about the young woman whom he has helped raise since she was a little girl.

“I can’t help thinking something is wrong,” he said. “I can’t shake the feeling that she is either hurt or she is being held against her will.”

[Image: 321633_253664294665398_253653017999859_8...6701_n.jpg]

[Image: 294188_253664434665384_253653017999859_8...5742_n.jpg]

[Image: 319944_253760887989072_253653017999859_8...4604_n.jpg]

[Image: 307564_253760927989068_253653017999859_8...5699_n.jpg]

So, where is her phone pinging? If she's been missing for 2 weeks and her phone battery is still working (it's going to voice mail rather than dead), sounds like LE would have gotten those records by now. If she was in the mountains (or anywhere else) and there was a cell tower near enough for her, or someone else, to send a text from her phone, wouldn't LE at least be able to get the general location from which the text was sent?

If it instead was a text sent via internet using her cell phone number, I think that would be verifiable too.

I think there's hope with this one that she really did just pull a runner for awhile. I really hope so.

Capt. Jay Grubbs said Tuesday that the young woman’s cell phone has not been used since Aug. 24.
the entire story is weird, not much to be found. and even stranger, it seems there is a question of whether Casey Whitt is male or female. (person she supposedly got in car with).

WYFF4
Pierce's best friend, Hollie Harper, has been sending messages to Pierce via Facebook for several days. Pierce wrote her back Aug. 24 at 2:19pm. That message said, 'I'm okay, babe.' "

Harper said that short message was unusual and shortly after receiving it, she said Pierce called and sounded weird on the phone.

"(Pierce) said, 'I'll be home tomorrow.' I haven't heard anything since," said Harper.

Harper said Pierce just recently separated from her husband, but said Pierce would never leave her 5-year-old daughter, Ashlyn, without at least calling.

"(Pierce has) always been the perfect mom. She's always had Ashlyn right with her and for her to go this long without even calling to check on her -- something is wrong," said Harper. "I'm scared. I hope she's okay, but I'm preparing for the worst because it's been so long."

115 oh shit. i was looking for Police Dept. email and found this:

WILLIAMSTON, S.C. -- The police chief in Williamston has resigned after the mayor asked him to leave because of postings on his Facebook page.

Police Chief Richard Inman resigned Friday at the request of Mayor Carthel Crout, who said one post in particular showed poor taste and lacked judgment. He says that posting showed a photo of a portable toilet with handwriting that reads "Mexican spaceship."

Inman told WSPA earlier this week had said earlier this week that he thought the post was funny and not racially insensitive. He said he treats all citizens fairly.

Inman has worked for the Williamston Police Department for about two years.

Crout says Capt. Jay Grubbs will serve as interim chief until a replacement is found.

I can't decide if it's bullshit or not for firing people over their Facebook accounts. As long as they do their job, who cares? Facebook is the debil.

That girl is probably dead. I hope not, but that's my guess.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
selfish bitch.

To explain her absence Pierce said, "Just took a vacation."

When asked why she did not call her 5-year-old daughter, Ashlyn, Pierce said, "My phone got really messed up."

Pierce declined to say where she had been for more than a week.

WILLIAMSTON — Sheena Pierce, the young mother who has been missing from Williamston for nearly two weeks, showed up on her grandfather’s doorstep in Anderson County late Tuesday night.

Police Capt. Jay Grubbs confirmed just before 11 p.m. that Pierce was at Ridgecrest Drive just outside the city limits of Williamston. Because the address is just outside police jurisdiction, deputies with the Anderson County Sheriff’s Office were sent to confirm that the woman at the address was Pierce.

“She is home, safe and sound,” Grubbs said. “She has told family members that she just needed to go off and take a little time to herself. She has not committed any criminal acts, so there will be no charges tonight. We are just glad she is safe, and we will be speaking with her first thing Wednesday morning.”

It was not clear Tuesday night where Pierce had spent the last two weeks or why she had cut contact with her family, including her 5-year-old daughter.

Crackhead.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.