Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
CHRISTMAS COOKIES

Hibye
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
it wouldn't be Christmas without cookies! they are a big part of the nostalgia for many. i love the different traditional ones from other countries, Italy, Germany, etc.
i hope people will start posting their favorites, it's not too soon to start holiday baking Mini xmas tree Santaani

Yummo Sugar Cookies & Icing recipe
***Note: I have a convection oven

Cream:

1 c. butter

1 c. crisco

1 c. sugar

1 c. powdered sugar

2 eggs

3 t. vanilla

Add by spoon the following:

4 12 c. flour

4 t. baking soda

1 t. salt

2 t. cream of tartar

Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. Roll out on floured surface, cut with cutters. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.

Decorate with buttercream icing:

13 c. butter

pinch salt (I left this out because I could really taste the salt the last time I made these)

3 c. powdered sugar

14 c. milk

1 12 t. vanilla
It's the hint of arsenic that gives it that extra kick.
it wasn't Christmas without pignoli nut cookies from Boston's Italian North End. as well as other yummy Italian goodies like torrone in little individual boxes~

i have a springerle rolling pin for some fancy cookies.

and a collection of cookie molds i used to press my ginger cookie dough into shapes that could be eaten or hung on the tree~ Mini xmas tree

[Image: laflorentine-torrone.jpg]

torrone

[Image: Pignoli-Pine-Nut-Cookie.jpg]

pignoli nut cookies

[Image: 2010-11-30%2B140-2.jpg]

[Image: springerle-kingarthurflour-230.jpg]

springerle

[Image: cookie+mold+2.jpg]

molds . they can be clay or wooden

[Image: fox+cookie+mold.jpg]

For a second there I thought that was a "Shroud of Turin" cookie
(11-11-2011, 08:56 AM)ZEROSPHERES Wrote: For a second there I thought that was a "Shroud of Turin" cookie

hahaha

These are my holiday cookies:
[Image: pepperidgefarm_entertaining_collection_01.jpg]

I like quick breads better than cookies.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
It is not an Italian Christmas without these

6 cups Flour

¼ tsp salt

1 cup shortening

½ tsp baking soda

½ tsp cloves

2 cups sugar

¾ cup cocoa

2 cups milk

2 tsp baking powder

½ tsp cinnamon

Put all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Blend in the shortening and lastly the milk. You will have to use your hands to mix this as it is a sticky dough.

Put a little shortening on your hands when you roll this dough into little balls (use a teaspoon to measure). Do not make these balls large, as they rise quite a bit. Leave space between them on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.

Make a thin chocolate frosting and cover the baked cookies by rolling them in a large bowl of frosting. Lay out on a large pan or rack until they are dry.

Alternatively, just before serving, you can dust these cookies with some confectioners sugar.

Note: You can divide the dough and put nuts in some, raisins in some and coconut in some.

[Image: Betty-Crocker-Cookie-Mix-Sugar_0D9962D4.jpg]

Ta da!

[Image: il_170x135.196047327.jpg]
[Image: 1322947619_lqiy3mq7bh9tpxy.jpeg]

Интернет-портал графики и уроков фотошопа благодарит Вас за то, что Вы просмотрели сайт до самого низа страницы и хотим дать несколько советов, на случай, если Вы не нашли того, что искали:

Попробуйте воспользоваться поиском, который находится наверху каждой страницы;
Ознакомьтесь с FAQ . Быть может Вы не первый кто столкнулся с этой проблемой;
Если у Вас возникли вопросы по оплате и по уровню безопасности, ознакомьтесь с разделами VIP users, инструкция по оплате и проверьте наш WMID;
Если у Вас есть вопросы по размещению рекламы, пройдите по этой ссылке;
Правовая оговорка и правила нашего проекта находятся здесь, а статьи - здесь;
Вы также можете посмотреть статистику портала и задать вопрос администрации через обратную связь.

Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch
i'm making that! hah

hah
i'm eating a little piece of Assumption Abbey fruicake, made by Trappist monks.

it is incredible! could change your mind about fruitcake! YUMMY!

[Image: ola_aafruitcake.jpg]

wow, they're sold out.

Assumption Abbey Fruitcakes are the dark, rich, traditional style of fruitcake. They are baked slowly and aged under the careful supervision of the monks. Everything, from marinating the fruit, to mixing, to baking, to packaging, to aging, to mailing is done right at the monastery by the monks.Assumption Abbey is not a commercial enterprise. It is a way of life, and that way of life, combined with the careful work of the bakers, insures a dedication to high quality that makes Assumption Abbey Fruitcakes among this country's finest.

(12-15-2011, 05:08 AM)Duchess Wrote:

Smiley_emoticons_skeptisch

hah WTF was that shit? Me, No Speaka'!
Yeh, who? How? what the? and why? I don't get it. Are they peddling rude stuff?
(12-15-2011, 04:46 AM)expammigems Wrote: [Image: 1322947619_lqiy3mq7bh9tpxy.jpeg]

Интернет-портал графики и уроков фотошопа благодарит Вас за то, что Вы просмотрели сайт до самого низа страницы и хотим дать несколько советов, на случай, если Вы не нашли того, что искали:

Попробуйте воспользоваться поиском, который находится наверху каждой страницы;
Ознакомьтесь с FAQ . Быть может Вы не первый кто столкнулся с этой проблемой;
Если у Вас возникли вопросы по оплате и по уровню безопасности, ознакомьтесь с разделами VIP users, инструкция по оплате и проверьте наш WMID;
Если у Вас есть вопросы по размещению рекламы, пройдите по этой ссылке;
Правовая оговорка и правила нашего проекта находятся здесь, а статьи - здесь;
Вы также можете посмотреть статистику портала и задать вопрос администрации через обратную связь.

Internet Portal graphics and photoshop lessons thank you for what you have viewed the site to the bottom of the page and want to give some tips in case you do not find what you are looking for:

Try using the search engine, which is on top of each page;
Read the FAQ. You may not be the first who encountered this problem;
If you have any questions about payment and level of security, refer to the sections VIP users, user fees, and check out our WMID;
If you have any questions regarding advertising, please follow this link;
Disclaimer and regulations of our project can be found here, and articles - here;
You can also look at the statistics portal and ask the administration through feedback.
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.
OK cracker, what did you just say, what did that just mean? Cryptic.
(12-18-2011, 02:18 AM)aussiefriend Wrote: OK cracker, what did you just say, what did that just mean? Cryptic.

Hahahahhaha. aussie, you are a mess.

I just translated the spam with Google translate.
(12-18-2011, 02:47 PM)Cracker Wrote: Hahahahhaha. aussie, you are a mess.

I just translated the spam with Google translate.

Oh Cracker, you got me again! Let that me my Christmas present to you for this season. No doubt another faux pas will be around the corner.

It's closer than you think.