Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Karma Diaz, 2, found safe! Phoenix AZ
i'm not buying it. & who/where are the parents?

[Image: 16099371_BG3.jpg]

ABC15

PHOENIX - Phoenix police are searching for a missing 2.5-year-old girl who wandered away from home late Monday night.

According to Phoenix Police Officer James Holmes, the girl left the home just south of Loop 101 near 45th Avenue some time between 11:30 p.m. and midnight.

A family member provided ABC15 with photos of the young girl named Karma Diaz.

Police officers have been going door to door in the neighborhood to look for her, Holmes said.

Karma is described as a white female with brown eyes, brown curly hair, and about 3-feet tall.

She was wearing pink pajamas with a red, strawberry design, he said.

The girl's grandmother told ABC15 the front door was left wide open at the time of her disappearance. She said police are talking to Karma's mother.

[Image: karma3_20111122064529_640_480.JPG]

[Image: karma_20111122054631_640_480.JPG]

[Image: karma2_20111122055639_640_480.JPG]

PHOENIX (KPHO) -
Police are searching a Phoenix neighborhood for a 2 1/2-year-old girl who wandered away from her home early Tuesday morning.

The child is described as white with brown eyes, brown curly hair, approximately 3-feet-tall and wearing a pink pajama set with red-strawberry design, police said.

Police have been going door-to-door in the area of the home at 4522 W. Marco Polo, near 19900 N. 45th Ave. and just south of Beardsley. They said she went missing between 11:30 p.m. Monday and 12:30 a.m. Tuesday.

A person who identified himself as a family member who is in the Coast Guard and stationed in Alaska provided photos of the girl, whom he called Karma. WHY DOES SOMEONE IN ALASKA NEED TO PROVIDE PHOTOS?

No Amber Alert has been issued yet.

ABC15 says she was left alone. but provide no details/facts.

Police say the girl's parents left the home around 11:30 p.m. and when they returned, Karma was nowhere to be found.

Officer Holmes said the little girl's mother and her boyfriend went out to run an errand, leaving the child home. ERRAND AT 11:30? OH OK. [Image: attachment.php?aid=12191] When they returned about 30 minutes later, they found an outside door to the home was wide open, Karma's bedroom light was on and Karma was not in her bed. Bullshit

The couple searched the house and called 911. Dozens of officers responded and have been searching for her.

"We're not sure how she got out," Holmes said.

A neighbor who has a grandson about the girl's age received a call about the missing toddler early Tuesday morning and has been searching on her own, including in a nearby wash.

"When I got the call, I just got dressed and came out," the woman said. "As cold as it is, being out here all night, she's probably curled up somewhere, trying to be warm."

There are several hazards in the area surrounding Karma's home. Not only is there a canal nearby, Loop 101 is just a few blocks north.

No other details were immediately available but information will be updated as it develops.

If you see the toddler, please call the Phoenix Police Department at either 602-534-2121 or 602-262-6141 or or email [email protected].

What parent in their right mind leaves a small child at home alone to run and 'errand'????? OMG and there were two of them so really if what they are saying wasn't BS then one of them could have stayed home.
I wish I could travel the country and beat these parents who neglect and kill their babies!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

video news report here with grandma interview on phone:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_pho...in-phoenix

police presser:

http://www.azcentral.com/video/1289204969001

mommy lives with boyfriend and "elderly" couple. there is a babydaddy in the picture, is talking to police.

John Diaz, Karma's grandfather said he heard about Karma's disappearance around 5 a.m. from his ex-wife, Kari.

"I just want to talk to my daughter and find out what happened," he said. "They won't let me pass the yellow tape."

Diaz says he's worried about Karma and he hasn't been told anything about the case. "Nothing -- just in the dark."

Karma's father was called after she disappeared. While he is estranged from the mother, police don't believe he is a suspect.

"We don't have any suspicions of foul play at this time...there is a father involved...however the father is here, he is helping us. He has no idea where the child is, so we're thinking the child just wandered off. We're hoping someone in the neighborhood can help us find her.

An older couple was also inside the home, but they were sleeping. Police haven't released a lot of information about them, but it's believed they are the owners of the home. Why the mother, boyfriend and Karma are living with the couple is unknown at this time.

Holmes said Karma's mother and her boyfriend last checked on the girl at 11:30 p.m. before heading out to run an errand.
An elderly couple was home at the time, he said.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_pho...z1eRlz7YAZ
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Bullshit!
The that remained at the house were the mother's best friends parents and they were asleep.
ABC15 had the Grandmother on the phone

PD: Missing girl found safe in north Phoenix

PHOENIX - Phoenix police say a missing 2 12 year-old girl has been found safe after she wandered away from home overnight.
Police told ABC15 that Karma Diaz was found by a neighbor just before 9 a.m.
[Image: girlfound_20111122091104_320_240.JPG]

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_pho...z1eS1t9gt4

excellent, and for me unexpected news. we are so used to bad outcomes. somebody was remiss here. but i am happy for the child! Smiley_emoticons_hurra3

[Image: 112211_930karma-found.jpg]

PHOENIX -- After nearly 10 hours of searching, a missing toddler who apparently wandered away from her home was found safe at a neighbor's house Tuesday morning.
"One of our good citizens, doing their normal routine, walks out of her house and there's the baby on her doorstep," Holmes said. "She looks like she's been out for awhile. ... We really think that she did wander off into the wash. ... She is alive. She's fine. ... We can all be happy that we've got baby Karma home and that she appears to be OK."

Holmes said the search dogs actually tracked Karma's scent through the wash to the home where she was found. The indication is that Karma did indeed spend the night in the wash.

At this point, the person who found Karma in front of her house is not talking to the media.

Paramedics checked over Karma, who was cuddled in the arms of her father, as a precaution.

Thank God!!
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Thank goodness! I love happy endings.
What's a "wash"? I'm so happy this little girl was found safe! Now, who left the door to the outside "wide open"? I can't imagine walking out of my house and finding a little one on my porch - that poor child must've been so scared! I hope this leads to some major child-proofing in that home!
A "wash" is a gully (a dry ditch) that floods with water when it rains.