Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be cool..help a soldier this holiday season
With the holiday season approaching, the decorations, caroling, homemade cooking and the smell of sweet baked goodies are all the more reason to get us in the festive mood for gift-giving, right? We remember the real reason for the season
As we merge into a busy time of year, I ask that you remember OUR soldiers who are fighting for OUR freedom so that WE can enjoy freedom here with our family and friends. Remember that many OUR soldiers will not be home for the holidays, to enjoy all that I mentioned above. SACRIFICE. I believe that it is our duty as fellow brothers and sisters that we support our military regardless about how we feel politics and war. These are real men and women who risk their lives hourly, daily, monthly and for some, yearly. If you don't believe me, see for yourself, go to AnySoldier.com
I must warn you though-make sure you have a box of tissues nearby-you'll never be the same after you visit this site. Don't worry, no gruesome or bloody images. Just real people, OUR soldiers, asking and relying solely on the support of their fellow Americans that they are committed to defending. It was a real reality check for me. My friends, they are only asking for support in return for their sacrifice. The simplest form would be cost of a stamp, envelope, and your time-a thank you letter- to basic needs for supplies to be fed, hydrated, groomed, clothed and maintained.
I ask you to consider them this Christmas. They could use care packages-so if you have any extras in your stockpile, this would be a great cause to use them! http://anysoldier.com/ has their website setup with everything you need to know, and questions already answered. Click on the where to send tab and it will take you to another page. Scroll over to the left and click on anyone of the names and you will immediately have access to that petitioning soldier, his platoon info, number of men and women in his/her unit,and a brief statement with their wants and needs. I really hope you can help! Thanks for your time and hope you all have a Merry Christmas!
AnySoldier.com
SACRIFICE defined-To trade (a value of higher worth) for one of lesser worth in order to gain something else valued more or to avoid an even greater loss; to sell without profit to gain something other than money

There are no typos in that. Smiley_emoticons_fies
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Cool. This is what I will give myself for Christmas this year. Smiley_emoticons_smile
(03-15-2013, 07:12 PM)aussiefriend Wrote: You see Duchess, I have set up a thread to discuss something and this troll is behaving just like Riotgear did.