Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
" feral " five year old found living with Dogs.

'Feral' child barks and hisses after being raised as a pet .

A "feral" five-year-old girl who hisses and barks after being forced by her family to live as one of their many pets has been rescued from a home in far eastern Russia.By

Adrian Blomfield in Moscow
Last Updated: 12:51AM BST 29 May 2009
[Image: russia_1412408c.jpg]

Natasha Mikhailova Photo: AFPAccording to police, the child, who has only been identified as "Natasha", was so neglected that she had barely developed a human vocabulary, communicating instead through animal noises.
Although she lived with her father, grandparents and other relatives, Natasha was essentially treated like one of a large number of dogs and cats that shared a small flat in the isolated city of Chita.
Like the other pets, she lapped at her food from a bowl on the floor and had never learned how to use cutlery.
Welfare officers, who were led to the flat by concerned neighbours, have placed Natasha in an orphanage. Although malnourished and small for her age, she appeared to be relatively healthy considering her ordeal, a police spokesman was quoted as saying by the Interfax news agency.
He said the police were looking for the girl's parents, who are believed to be divorced.
Welfare organisations say that child abuse in Russia is worsening, particularly in the Far East where traditional problems such as alcoholism and unemployment are magnified.
Last week a woman was sentenced to three-years probation by a court in Chita after her baby died of alcohol poisoning. Yelena Sinitsyna admitted to drinking a pint of pure ethanol before breast feeding her four-month-old son.
The consumption of ethanol and alcoholic byproducts such as boot polish, collectively known as "samogon" in Russia, remains common in many parts of the country. Alcohol dependence is believed to be the main cause of low male life expectancy in Russia, which, at just 58, is among the lowest in the world outside Africa.
Activists say they are concerned that domestic abuse could become an even more serious problem as a growing number of Russians lose their jobs.
In the midst of Russia's worst economic crisis in a decade, unemployment has soared above 10 per cent, according to figures released this week which show that over 11 million people are now out of work.
I would stop eating chocolate.. but I'm not a quitter!

:B
(from another article)

his is the latest of a number of cases of feral children in the former Soviet Union.
Neglected by their parents, these youngsters sought love and solace from animals, usually dogs.

Psychologists call the phenomenon Mowgli Syndrome after the character in Rudyard Kipling's Jungle Book.who was raised by wolves.

They blame the social dislocation and economic woes which followed the break-up of the USSR.

Feral children are the stuff of folklore all over the world and usually exhibit the behaviour of the animals with whom they have had closest contact.

Can you friggin BELIEVE this shit???
FM, you need to stop reading the news. You seem to find the most disturbing stories.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
ramseycat Wrote:FM, you need to stop reading the news. You seem to find the most disturbing stories.
If you don't like the stuff i post why don't you just fuck right off.

No body is forcing you to read any of my shit so if you don't like the topic matter simply don't read it .
I would stop eating chocolate.. but I'm not a quitter!

:B
Hahahaha!
I watched some show on the Discovery Channel or one of those other ones I don't really remember the station, but they had people on there that were ferral as well. It had been a few years for some of them, one said she was still more comfortable with dogs than with people