Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
NFL 2012 SEASON

I have power rankings going into the 2012 season.

I only know those that I watched the games with last year, User, Maggot & MS. If any new Mockers want to let me know your favorite team I'll get your power ranking too.

Ladies first...

User's 49'ers -

Ranked #4. San Francisco 49ers

Best addition: WR Randy Moss, free-agent pickup

We know they had the dominant defense to win it all, and they have reloaded to help Alex Smith direct a more dynamic, higher-scoring offense.

Maggot's Pats -

Ranked #3. New England Patriots

Best addition: WR Brandon Lloyd, free-agent pickup

Their championship window stays wide open as long as Tom Brady and Bill Belichick keep proving they belong on the short list of elite quarterback-coach combinations. D is key to that elusive fourth ring.

MS' Vikings -

Ranked #31. Minnesota Vikings

Best addition: OT Matt Kalil, first-round pick

With Christian Ponder still developing and the secondary still suspect, the Vikings face a tough battle in a division with three potent passing teams.

My beloved Birds 109

Ranked #9. Philadelphia Eagles

Best addition: MLB DeMeco Ryans, trade acquisition

No one is talking about them as the Dream Team this year, and the perceived lower expectations may be just what Michael Vick and Andy Reid need for a big rebound.

Sports link
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Isn't there already a boring thread for this?
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

There's a thread called Yay Sports Fans. I wanted a thread strictly for NFL. Got a problem with that? You know what I'll tell you, right?
I'm hungry?
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

Pittsburgh Steelers and Detroit Lions. No smart ass comments on the Lions. LOL
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Detrot Lions.... I stay faithful to my teams through the good and bad, thankfully the Lions are getting much better, wish I could say the same for the Leafs Smiley_emoticons_slash
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

(05-30-2012, 02:38 PM)ramseycat Wrote: No smart ass comments on the Lions.

Are you kiddin'? They had a fantastic year, no shame in being a Lions fan.

Ranked #8. Pittsburgh Steelers

Best addition: G David DeCastro, first-round pick

Age has crept into the roster, and the offense is undergoing a transition with Todd Haley. The Steelers will lean heavily on Ben Roethlisberger and seasoned defenders to avoid too much of a slip.

Ranked #11. Detroit Lions

Best addition: OT Riley Reiff, first-round pick

The combination of Matthew Stafford and Megatron has transformed the Lions into an offensive-powered playoff team. A little more defense could push them a long way soon.
my sons are die-hard, born in Mass. Pats fansSmiley_emoticons_hurra3

[Image: new-england-patriots-ancient-480x320.jpg?w=480]

(05-30-2012, 02:42 PM)Jezreel Wrote: Detrot Lions.... I stay faithful to my teams through the good and bad

See my previous post. Smiley_emoticons_wink
(05-30-2012, 02:45 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(05-30-2012, 02:42 PM)Jezreel Wrote: Detrot Lions.... I stay faithful to my teams through the good and bad

See my previous post. Smiley_emoticons_wink

I know right, it's amazing how far they have come since a few years back when they didn't win one game in the season. I am excited for the Lions this year and hopefully will actually make it to a game.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Very little excitement in the Twin Cities regarding the Vikes for 2012. Mostly because the NFC North is loaded with talent.

Matt Kalil should give our 'o' line a serious upgrade, and hopefully, Christian Ponder will be better this year. However, there are still too many question marks on defense.

We do have a new publicly funded stadium set to open in 2016. That'll be an attraction even if the football team isn't (kinda like the Twins).
(05-30-2012, 02:42 PM)Jezreel Wrote: Detrot Lions.... I stay faithful to my teams through the good and bad, thankfully the Lions are getting much better, wish I could say the same for the Leafs Smiley_emoticons_slash

I am a Lions fan as well. They have sucked for so long that it's a joke. But I still love them having grown up in the burbs outside Detroit. My parents had season tickets at the Silver Dome. My senior year in high school, our football team played their for the championship and I got to cheer there. I think they tore it down now or it's used for something else.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
(05-30-2012, 03:43 PM)ramseycat Wrote:
(05-30-2012, 02:42 PM)Jezreel Wrote: Detrot Lions.... I stay faithful to my teams through the good and bad, thankfully the Lions are getting much better, wish I could say the same for the Leafs Smiley_emoticons_slash

I am a Lions fan as well. They have sucked for so long that it's a joke. But I still love them having grown up in the burbs outside Detroit. My parents had season tickets at the Silver Dome. My senior year in high school, our football team played their for the championship and I got to cheer there. I think they tore it down now or it's used for something else.

They're not a joke anymore though... I spent my early years across the river, my Grandpa was originally from Dearborn though and the Lions were the only Detroit team he liked, each year he would send us kids a Lions hat, shirt or sweatshirt.

The Detroit Silverdome is long gone, the Lions have played at Ford Field since about 2002.

Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory...
Fly Eagles fly, score a touchdown 1-2-3
Hit 'em low, hit 'em high, and watch our Eagles fly
Fly Eagles fly, on the road to victory!

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!
Packers, please.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(05-30-2012, 06:05 PM)crash Wrote: Packers, please.

Oh, now that you've been to Beer and Cheese country you get to be a Packers fan??

If you took the time to buy the block of cheese you wear on your head, then I'll accept your Fandom of the Green & Gold.

I'm gonna need to see a pic, though.
Nope. Only bought two hats. One to replace the one I've had for years that some asshole stole, and one for my son.

Who steals somebody's second hand hat?
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021
(05-30-2012, 06:05 PM)crash Wrote: Packers, please.

Ranked #2. Green Bay Packers

Best addition: DE/OLB Nick Perry, first-round pick

If it weren't for being stunned by the new Super Bowl champs in Lambeau, there is a good chance Aaron Rodgers and mates would have repeated. Now they'll focus more on a fast finish than a hot start.
Thank you.
The real problem with Packer fans (other than the fact they can claim 4 Super Bowl titles, whilst my Vikings have none) is the fact that they parade around our Minnesota towns dressed in all their gear.

I mean, they obviously are transplanted Wisconsinites who are here because Minny is a better way of life. However, instead of quietly enjoying all that MN offers, they blatantly rub our noses in their teams' success, all the time reminding US how historically bad the Vikes have been).

I sometimes wonder how Minny/Wisconsin doesn't evolve into a present day Hatfield/McCoy rivalry.