Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Back to the gym
Well the year is half over already, so my plan to get back in the gym in January is a little behind schedule. But I am back home now and got signed back up yesterday and start with a trainer today. This will suck
4 yrs ago I trashed both shoulders in about 20 seconds, its taken me a long time to heal, well as far as its going to happen anyways. So today I go find out whats what. Got on the scales the other day and rolled in at a rotund 270.
So the goal for the end of the year is 240, that should feel a lot better.
Who will come with me?hah
I went from 240 to 195 that was just chasing the wife trying to get a little. It took me almost 8 months, but I caught her.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Im currently at 165, going today to kickstart the routine again. Stressful June Smiley_emoticons_biggrin
Nothing like hitting the scales and the doctor to find out what all that fast food has done to you. I'm down to 227 from my high pushing 240 circa those boat pics. Potbellied pig=not a good look for me. Not a gym rat though. I FIGURE I'll do the home exercise thing for a while and adddess the more pressi.g blood issues first.
I started going to the gym, myself. I'm on week 2. Smiley_emoticons_smile
Who's gym? ahahahaaaa

I have a membership at Planet Fitness. Been too hot here to go to the gym though. I also have a treadmill and P90X. That shit is hard! Like really hard. I have been walking the dog a lot and doing yard work. There's my exercise.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
P90X is hard because they do so many pull ups. The legs, stomach and cardio I can do, but I can barely do one pull up much less 10 sets of 20.
That's me too, Sally. I need to work on my upper body strength. I'm also having a hard time with this eating 300 calories 5X a day. 50
I can do push ups and bicep and tricep exercises, but the pull ups are impossible for me for some reason. I'm not really looking to improve my chest anyway, it's fine the way it is. My legs on the other hand look like two Little Sizzlers.
(06-26-2012, 11:01 AM)sally Wrote: I can do push ups and bicep and tricep exercises, but the pull ups are impossible for me for some reason. I'm not really looking to improve my chest anyway, it's fine the way it is. My legs on the other hand look like two Little Sizzlers.

hah Try running some hills. Squats are good, too. My trainer makes us squat 5 times then hold it 30 sec. and so on. Until we reach 25. Talk about some sore legs. O Yah.
(06-26-2012, 11:07 AM)JsMom Wrote:
(06-26-2012, 11:01 AM)sally Wrote: I can do push ups and bicep and tricep exercises, but the pull ups are impossible for me for some reason. I'm not really looking to improve my chest anyway, it's fine the way it is. My legs on the other hand look like two Little Sizzlers.

hah Try running some hills. Squats are good, too. My trainer makes us squat 5 times then hold it 30 sec. and so on. Until we reach 25. Talk about some sore legs. O Yah.

Sore legs and stairs do not mix. My office is on the second floor and when I do something different or when I first tried P90X I could barely make it up the stairs. Pure agony.
I workout everyday at work.

pull ups are straight up ladders for 75 feet sometimes 6 or 8 trips up and back down, steps are everywhere, weight training are motors and gear boxes shafts and sprockets.

My advice is to get a real job and do some real work.

I weigh 183 6'1" The weight is minus my weapon which the doctor always makes me take off before she weights me.

Sig 226 fully loaded with the shoulder holster adds about 1.5 pounds
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

They should make a P20X.

I loathe regimented exercise, I do other things.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
(06-26-2012, 01:10 PM)Riotgear Wrote: They should make a P20X.

For sure. Maybe even a 10. I can't do the whole thing. It nearly kills me.
I walk about a mile in the morning and get on a bike twice a week. Summertime in the pool doing some laps helps. Anything is better than nothing.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Well that wasn't to bad. Got a trainer for the next month twice a week. Going to cut him to 2 a month after that.
Starting mark is 267 lbs, target is 30 lbs in 90 days. Concentrating in rehabing my shoulders and core strengthening for now.
I finally had a decent interval training. Feel much more centered. 3x20 min cardio segments at 135hr (treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike) interspersed with three weight sets (biceps, triceps, and lats) just went up in weight to 70,75 and 80 lbs resistance.

Feels most excellent. Now I'ma have some brown rice with walnuts and chevre with a little ranch dressing. YUM
I joined a gym for 3 years now, one day I might even get go in. hah

Actually, I'm signing up again tomorrow, and hopefully will get into a M W F routine.
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!

True story, when I first cracked open the p90x I popped in one of the dvd's and that overcaffienated maniac dude started in telling us what to do with little timers at the bottom of the screen. I did okay at first and they seemed deceptively easy, shit like "drop this towel on the floor and run around it for five minutes" but I quickly found I was sweaty, sucking wind and completely gassed. Dvd wasn't finished but I figured it was a good effort for my first day and I went to flop down on the couch and grab the remote to pause. Right as I did, that cocky little crackfiend on the tv says "Okay everybody, that's enough warmup! Let's get to the workout!"
Nothing like a steaming bowl of humiliation to remind you what your condition really is...