Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
TEACH THE CHILDREN TO SWIM!
what a tragedy! how did these angels get into the pool?
every year many kids drown in pools in florida since pools are so common. recently a tiny brother and sister drowned in Jax. because their idiot parents left them home alone! they were babies! and thankfully the parents are being charged.
in this case, nobody knows how it happened, there were precautions in place. the story breaks my heart.

Monday, July 19, 2010 - Boston Herald
State police plan to review footage from a residential security camera in Lynnfield today, hoping to determine how two precious tots drowned in their backyard swimming pool Saturday, authorities said.

The investigation continues into the presumed accidental drownings of identical twins Veronica and Angelina Andreottola, who despite the valiant efforts of neighbors, police and paramedics could not be saved after they were found floating in the pool.

Carrie Kimball-Monahan, spokeswoman for the Essex District Attorney’s Office, said state troopers will visit the family’s North Shore mansion to request the tapes, potentially the only way to determine how the girls fell into their pool, which is equipped with an electric-powered retractable cover. Investigators want to know how the cover was pulled back.

“It’s obviously unimaginable what that family is going through,” Kimball-Monahan said. “Certainly it has an effect on everyone who’s involved in the investigation.”

Neighbors described a horrifying scene in which the mother’s terrified screams alerted them to the unfolding tragedy. When the first rescuers arrived, Crystal Andreottola, 33, the girls’ mother, had pulled them from the pool and an off-duty police officer who lives nearby was performing CPR.

Family members declined comment yesterday. The girls’ dad, Anthony Andreotolla, is director of the long-established Boston Hides and Furs in Chelsea.

Crystal Andreottola’s online Facebook page depicts a doting stay-at-home mom. The couple also has a third child, 9-month-old Anthony.

Attached Files
.jpg   d712e1_Twins_07192010.jpg (Size: 72.96 KB / Downloads: 64)

Sadly, it just takes a second for the kids to wander off and have a tragedy happen.
the pool was covered with a heavy-duty electrical retractable cover!

here's the Jax. case. fucking ignorant useless parents!!

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The parents of two children who drowned last month in an Arlington pool have made bond after being arrested on aggravated manslaughter and child neglect charges.

Gerrard Ibeagwa, 6, and Blessing Ibeagwa, 3, were found unresponsive in their neighbor's swimming pool on Sunrise Ridge Lane on June 19.

Their parents, Markanthony Ibeagwa, 45, and Jovita Ibeagwa, 41, made bond on Monday at about 6 p.m.

A neighbor found the gate to his yard open when he discovered the children in his pool. Police said a wooden step ladder that did not belong to him was also found outside the gate.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

the pool and the baby twins. i am following the story to understand how they got into the pool and whether they were being well-supervised. so sad.

Attached Files
.jpg   07192010_swimmingpool_tmb0000_20100719081616_320_240.jpg (Size: 38.45 KB / Downloads: 52)
.jpg   07172010_lynnfield-drowning_tmb0000_20100717220947_320_240.jpg (Size: 19.64 KB / Downloads: 50)

*gasp* LC, you watch FOX!

Heartbreaking stories for sure & because I don't want to have feelings about it Ima gonna be snarky instead and wonder aloud about WHY did she choose those hideous bows/headbands {whatever the hell they were} I saw in the first photo. Smiley_emoticons_kotz
i don't watch Fox, but i have to get my photos wherever i can. i'm a photo slut.

Oops...Sorry...I thought I was in a different forum, not the Cell Block.
2 more babies on life support after near-drowning.

Two young children who nearly drowned Thursday morning in a pool at a home in Buenaventura Lakes are still in critical condition.

One 2-year-old boy is on a ventilator at Florida Hospital South, according to the Osceola County Sheriff's Office. The other 2-year-old boy is on life support at Arnold Palmer Hospital.

A woman who had been watching the boys at the home in the 100 block of Guaymas Drive told deputy sheriffs that she had walked away from them for about five minutes while they were in the pool. STUPID BITCH! When she returned, the boys were unresponsive. The woman is the mother of one of the boys. She told deputy sheriffs that the other boy was the son of a friend.

Deputy sheriffs administered cardiopulmonary resuscitation to the boys before they were transported to hospitals. One boy was first transported to Florida Hospital in Kissimmee and the other was first taken to Osceola Regional Medical Center.

A teenager who was inside the home did not see the incident, the sheriff's office said.

Sheriff's detectives still are investigating.

edit later to add: One of two toddlers found unresponsive in a pool in Osceola County has died.

JESUS! ANOTHER set of twins!! 21

A 4-year-old Brockton (just outside Boston) girl died and her twin sister is clinging to life after a tragic incident in the family’s pool, according to authorities.

Emergency responders were called to a Brockton home yesterday morning for a call of an apparent drowning, said Plymouth County District Attorney Timothy Cruz.

The twins were taken to Signature Healthcare Brockton Hospital and resuscitated before being transported to Boston Children’s Hospital, according to Signature Healthcare spokesperson Rachel Labas.

“They were both in critical condition,” said Labas, “One was taken by medical helicopter, and the other was taken by ambulance.”

But by late yesterday afternoon, Cruz said, “one child has died and the one is in very critical condition.”

State police assigned to Cruz’s office are investigating what Cruz referred to as a “horrific incident.”

“We investigate all the unattended deaths and accidents,” Cruz said.

He declined to identify the child who died or her surviving twin

the pool in Brockton case has been drained, but it was not maintained, and full of murky water. no real protective/deterrent fencing.
surviving child still very critical this morning.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

fuck.

The second Brockton twin pulled from a family pool yesterday has died.

Leslie Bonsu, 4, was pronounced dead at 12:42 this morning at Children’s Hospital.

Her sister Lindsey Bonsu died yesterday afternoon.

The circumstances surrounding the apparent drowning are under investigation by state police detectives assigned to Plymouth County District Attorney Timothy Cruz’s office and Brockton Police.

Investigators said they’ll be making no further comment on the tragedy today.

edit to add:
Phillip Brunelle, News Journalist for the Boston Examiner has received information from a neighbor of the Bonsu family that a similar incident took place before, and much like Saturday's incident, the two girls had allegedly fallen into the pool last year and were both treated and released from Brockton Hospital. Now strangely a year later the same thing happens again, but this time they died. It's unknown why after going through a similar situation last year, the family would continue allowing the girls to be unsupervised by an in-ground pool that isn't covered, or secured by a fence.

The Plymouth County District Attorney's office is looking into the cause of last years incident involving the two girls "falling" into the pool, while they continue their investigation into the deaths of the twin girls on Saturday, in what is now known as the second such incident involving the twins suspiciously "falling" into the pool, but this time the incident turned fatal. The DA's office has not yet ruled out the possibility of criminal charges being brought against the parents, Gyabaa and Prudentia Bonsu.

in the ATL thread we've discussed some recent tragic preventable child pool drownings. in florida it was nearly an everyday thing. often 2 at a time! i've lost count, used to keep track.
it doesn't seem to matter that there are laws and ordinances to make pools safe. can't do it. kids can get in anything. it's up to parents to make them drown-proof as possible! early in life.

-------------------------------

[Image: article-2166531-13D9F488000005DC-433_306x373.jpg]

[Image: article-2166531-13D9F49B000005DC-63_634x384.jpg]

[Image: article-2166531-13D9D62D000005DC-337_634x396.jpg]

[Image: article-2166531-13DAC7FF000005DC-330_634x787.jpg]

[Image: -f33920c2e8d4430d.jpg]

[Image: -77db2fb864813ac1.jpg]

[Image: -bd5af360857e7b20.jpg]

New Jersy.com
UNION — Two siblings — ages 3 and 5 — died tonight after they wandered away from their home and drowned in a neighbor's pool as their mother was sleeping, authorities said.

Township Police Director Dan Zieser said the mother, who was not identified, fell asleep in her home on Amherst Avenue sometime after 3 p.m. When she awoke at about 6:45 p.m., her sons, Kendell and Kenley Francois, were missing.

The mother called police and when officers arrived, they searched the home but could not find the boys, Zieser said.

The officers — Keith Brochu and Rob Donnelly — continued searching outside and when they looked over a 4-foot fence into a neighbor’s backyard on Parkside Drive, they spotted 3-year-old Kendell and 5-year-old Kenley at the bottom of an in-ground pool, he said.

Two officers jumped into the pool, pulled the children out from the deep end and began resuscitation attempts. The children were taken to Overlook Medical Center in Summit, where they were pronounced dead at 8:17 p.m, Zieser said.

In a late evening press conference on Parkside Drive, Union County Prosecutor Theodore Romankow said foul play is not suspected but that a standard investigation is under way.

I guess the days of growing up in the 70's where an Uncle would simply toss you into the pool and let you flap around in a panic, trying to save yourself (and thus, possibly learn how to swim) are pretty much over (?). :(
Why was she sleeping with 2 kids in the house at 6:30 in the evening? The other day 2 mothers were walking up and down the street looking for their 2 toddlers they were playing on my kids swingset but the first place my wife checked was the pool.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
My kids didn't learn to swim until they were close to 5 as I recall. Sad that the mother was sleeping with kids that young in the house in the middle of the day, sad that they had the ability to get out of the house. I have twins though so there was never an issue of an older one letting a younger one out. Still, our house was pretty much escape proof when my kids were under 5 as I recall.

Mostly I blame the mom though for taking a 3+ hour nap during the middle of the day when she ought to have been watching her kids.

posts 160 & 184, very recent multiple child drownings at link-->

PREVENTABLE!

http://mockforums.net/thread-6428-page-12.html

I couldnt agree more. I was in the water taking lessons at age 5, and swam competitively for years in AAU, till age 12-13. Came in handy when I used to do a lot of river rafting. When ya get dumped in the water, you dont panic, as I saw many of my non-swimming friends do.

Every f-ing year around here we have a couple of kids that drown in irrigation canals (which is more the fault of the idiot parents that dont keep an eye on their children).
Of the millions of sperm injected into your mother's pussy, you were the quickest?

You are no longer in the womb, friend. The competition is tougher out here.

Associated Press

July 4th

Associated Press

MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa – An Iowa police chief says authorities have recovered the bodies of three young children who apparently drowned in a river during a Fourth of July outing with family and friends.

Marshalltown Police Chief Mike Tupper says the two girls, one 7 and the other 9, and one 7-year-old boy found Wednesday night in the Iowa River were family members. Authorities searched the river for more than three hours after they were separated from others who were swimming.

EAST ISLIP, N.Y. – Police say a 21-month-old boy drowned Wednesday after climbing into an above-ground pool in the backyard of his family's East Islip home on Long Island.

Authorities were called to the home on Laurel Ave around 12:40 p.m. after a family member found Byron McArthur at the bottom of the pool. Police said the child had climbed a ladder to get into the pool. He was taken to Southside Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

A 4-year-old boy was pulled from a pool at a Queens home Wednesday evening around 6 p.m.

Christos Voulkoudis was taken to North Shore University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

I heard on the news yesterday that a guy has been charged with involuntary manslaughter down here for having inadequate pool fencing and the subsequent drowning of a 2 year old toddler who lived next door. Apparently the toddler had wandered off and found its way into the pool.
“Two billion people will perish globally due to being vaccinated against Corona virus” - rothschild, August 2021