Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
the carnival is in town
I have mixed feelings about this. When I was a kid, I went every night with friends, played games, rode the rides and ate enough junk food for three people. But now, its a big racket. No more single tickets for rides, you must purchase a ride-a-rama band at $17 a pop, so unless you ride everything, its hardly worth it. There isn't a single game under $5 and if you win, its cheap dollar store shit, no more throwing darts at posters for $1. I spent $50 alone last year for fried dough, lemonade, sausage sandwiches and fries. My youngest is crazy about going but my teenager says he'd rather spend his money elsewhere. Also, the town is loaded with carnies that steal, get drunk, get in fights and generally cause a bunch of trouble. We'll probly go over once this year but holy crow. What are your thoughts on local festivals? Do you go or would you rather someone poke something sharp into you and break it off?
Just shut up. Just shut the fuck up right now.

I haven't been to anything like that in a very long time & have zero interest in it now.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
Unless there's a "throw the ball dunk the nigger" booth I have zero interest too.

Last carnival we had up these parts one of the workers got sucked into one of the big top exhaust fans and was filleted.
(07-09-2012, 08:13 AM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: sucked into one of the big top exhaust fans and was filleted.

I used to have a reoccurring dream of my hair getting sucked into the central air unit fan as I bent over by it.
Say Hi to Riotgear, Donovan, Sally and ImAdick for me, you will find them in a car that is way to small for their collective asses.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
It might look like this........
[Image: Clown-Car.jpg]
Hmmm, last I remembered the carnival has always been a scam, cheap plastic cupie dolls for $9 worth of dart throwing, overpriced sausage on a stick and watered down drinks. The carnies have always gotten drunk, hit on the girls and gotten into fights. Thats all why it was so much fun, sounds the same to me.
Our local fair is only 2 blocks from me when it hits town. I actually avoid it better than you would think since it's right outside my door. I can also see the cop shop from my porch so I don't worry about the carnies too much either.

About 20 years ago, we had some carnies that were involved in devil worship. They took another carnie outside of town to an abandoned barn and killed him in one of their satanic rituals. BIG news around these parts. I believe one is on death row in Indiana and another one got LWOP.
Smiley_emoticons_stumm
Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
John Adams

I am not a fan of the carnivals either. Nasty assed, no teeth, drunk, never take a bath mf'ers. It's a rip off. Plus, I worry about the safety of the rides. They put em up and take em down so fast and move around so much, they just can't be safe.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Only trailer trash goes to our fair. I wouldn't be caught anywhere near that place. I don't want cooties.
[Image: cootie.jpg]
(07-09-2012, 08:16 AM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-09-2012, 08:13 AM)Ma Huang Sor Wrote: sucked into one of the big top exhaust fans and was filleted.

I used to have a reoccurring dream of my hair getting sucked into the central air unit fan as I bent over by it.

Did the guy you were with share the same fear?
They got little baby legs
That stand so low
You got to pick em up
Just to say hello
They got little cars
That go beep, beep, beep
They got little voices
Goin' peep, peep, peep
They got grubby little fingers
And dirty little minds
They're gonna get you every time
Well, I don't want no short people
Don't want no short people
Don't want no short people
'Round here
(07-09-2012, 11:56 AM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: Did the guy you were with share the same fear?

I don't engage in sex while tidying my landscaping.
I like the carnival. The down & dirty nature of it appeals to me; like entering a surreal other world inside my usual environment where some unexpected things always end up going down and the rides aren't usually the shakiest things I'll encounter.

Plus, I like the games and always appreciate the chance to spend $5 or $10 bucks throwing balls at a cup to win a goldfish in a ziplock.

I'd take the carnival over a high school reunion any day. I go to Walmart once or twice a year to stock up on some things; similar feeling.
Nothing says "LOVE" like a fresh warm elephant turd.
(07-09-2012, 12:16 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(07-09-2012, 11:56 AM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: Did the guy you were with share the same fear?

I don't engage in sex while tidying my landscaping.

Bass Ass Grin
(07-09-2012, 12:26 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: I like the carnival. The down & dirty nature of it appeals to me; like entering a surreal other world inside my usual environment where some unexpected things always end up going down and the rides aren't usually the shakiest things I'll encounter.

Plus, I like the games and always appreciate the chance to spend $5 or $10 bucks throwing balls at a cup to win a goldfish in a ziplock.

I'd take the carnival over a high school reunion any day. I go to Walmart once or twice a year to stock up on some things; similar feeling.

[Image: Bradbury-Something-Wicked-This-Way-Comes.jpg]

hah I just got how that looked. Jeezus.