Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lying or exaggerating?
Do you know someone IRL or online that does that? For example they lie about how much money they make or spent on something? Or they exaggerate their wealth or importance? They try to give the impression that they are more more more than what they really are person wise and money wise? They don't tell you the whole truth about something and then tell you months later and say oh they were embarassed? (that example is from the would you date a guy your GF liked)

IF there is one thing I cannot stand it's a liar. Everyone skims the truth now and again. Tells a white lie to get out of going to a party or function. Or to not hurt someone's feeling they will say oh yea, your hair looks good. But people that out right lie or tell things in such a way as to create an impression that is totally different from the truth annoy me to no end. I have a situtation like that right now and I so want to out this person but I won't. But it's pissing me off.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Hypocrite.
Shut up RG! I don't lie or exaggerate on here or in real life.

Iyamwhatiyam. Sam.
Liar.
Lie to no one. If it’s somebody close to you, you’re going to ruin it with a lie. And if they’re a stranger, who the f-ck are they you got to lie to them?
(09-10-2012, 01:40 PM)Riotgear Wrote: Liar.

example?
(09-10-2012, 02:07 PM)ramseycat Wrote:

example?

Quote:I don't lie or exaggerate on here or in real life.
(09-10-2012, 02:07 PM)ramseycat Wrote:

examples?

2 + 2 = 5.

Red means go. Green means stop.

There really is a God.

Shall I go on?
I always lie.
'Specially when you sleep!

HAHA!!

<insert-laughing-icon-here>
[Image: Magritte-This-is-not-a-Pipe.jpg]
You boys are crazy. I don't lie to you people. What would be the point? THAT is what annoys me!

Ima smack RG and take all his Goldfish crackers away.
(09-10-2012, 02:39 PM)ramseycat Wrote: You boys are crazy. I don't lie to you people. What would be the point? THAT is what annoys me!

Ima smack RG and take all his Goldfish crackers away.

I'd like to see you try.
You will fight to the death for your Goldfish huh?
(09-10-2012, 02:49 PM)ramseycat Wrote: You will fight to the death for your Goldfish huh?

Without hesitation.
(09-10-2012, 02:55 PM)Riotgear Wrote:
(09-10-2012, 02:49 PM)ramseycat Wrote: You will fight to the death for your Goldfish huh?

Without hesitation.

hah
(09-10-2012, 01:18 PM)ramseycat Wrote: Everyone skims the truth now and again. Tells a white lie to get out of going to a party or function. Or to not hurt someone's feeling they will say oh yea, your hair looks good.

Followed by:

(09-10-2012, 01:37 PM)ramseycat Wrote: I don't lie or exaggerate on here or in real life.

So you basically started a thread about hating liars - admitting in your first post that you do in fact lie sometimes - and then lie about not lying or exaggerating yourself.

Really Ramsey? REALLY????
I think it might be some sort of disjointed sado-masochistic thing. I believe she started this thread because she has a deep-seated need to be punished for lying.

Considering the alternative, I think we'd better hope I'm right.
I tell the absolute truth wherever humanly possible.
A) I can't be bothered trying to remember any lies I might have told, and
B) The absolute truth is the most fun.

The problem with lying is this: once caught and labelled a liar or a cheat, you don't get to live down that reputation when you tire of it. It's yours forever, and that's a long time. Your honor can't be taken away but you can sure as hell give it away.
I tell the truth when I determine it makes the most sense to do so. But I feel totally comfortable lying if I decide it suits my needs or furthers my effort.