Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
FRENCH TOAST

Do you like it? Do you make it? If so, do you go to a lot of trouble to prepare it & by that I mean, it's more of a production than crackin' a few eggs & throwing some bread into the mixture.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I love French Toast, but only have it once or twice a year; don't keep bread in the house unless I have visitors.

It's really easy to make simple French Toast (I like it better than the really thick fancy sweet stuff).

For 6 pieces:

-Mix 2 eggs and 23 cup of milk in a bowl.
---If you like vanilla, add a teaspoon. If you like cinnamon, add 14 teaspoon.
-Dunk the bread in the mix and then fry it on medium heat on both sides til it's golden.

Top with maple syrup, or butter, or pepper, or blueberries...
Thats pretty much the way I do it, not all that much of a production. I have a coleman griddle that can take 6 pieces all at once so I put it on the gas grill and fire it up, done in no time.
(10-14-2012, 12:49 PM)Duchess Wrote: I mean, it's more of a production than crackin' a few eggs & throwing some bread into the mixture. [/i][/size]

No its not. Its literally what you described, unless you get fancy. Even I can make French Toast and not fuck it up.
French toast is one of my favorites! I learned that the trick is to use stale bread. I buy a french loaf or sourdough and set it out a day or so in advance. Sometimes when you use fresh bread, it gets soggy or breaks while you're trying to dip it in the egg mixture. The stale bread gives you that nice crispy edge and it's cooked throughout. I use fresh ground nutmeg(an absolute must), almond extract(or vanilla) ,a tiny dash of salt and pepper(gives it a little kick), cinnamon,milk and eggs. After the maple syrup I sprinkle a bunch of powdered sugar on top. It's not something I have often, because it's almost like eating a big doughnut.
(10-14-2012, 02:37 PM)kitty1 Wrote: it's almost like eating a big doughnut.

I'm so sorry to read that analogy. Bah :(

I eat it on Christmas morning. I use cinnamon raisin bread & eggs, it's very basic but I knew that there are better recipes out there. I like yours because of the vanilla & nutmeg, that sounds great!
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
That does sound wonderful! I haven't had french toast in years. (Intolerance to wheat) and none of the "non-wheat" breads have made me go "Yippy!"

But I used to love French toast and then making the eggs after, add some bacon, mmmmmmmmmmm.

Must go make breakfast.