Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
EGGNOG

I'm trying different eggnogs for a couple of upcoming parties. Rum, Jack Daniels, Southern Comfort. I'm not a big drinker at all so I'll probably be shitfaced by 3:00 EST.

Do you drink eggnog?
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
I have never drank eggnog with booze in it. I guess if I do it will probably be brandy or something like that.
He ain't heavy, he's my brother.
Hate. It. Blech.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Love the eggnog, rarely drink it with booze in it, mostly just nutmeg and/or cinnamon.
Love eggnog with or without the booze. I have an eggnog punch recipe that includes coffee, coffee ice cream and rum that I really want to try, but no one in my family likes eggnog and I'm not going to make a bowl of punch just for myself.
Are you making the eggnog from scratch?

Check this, too . . . (think Holiday snacks):

http://traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/art...cle_id=357
Rum sounds good in there too.
(10-30-2012, 03:53 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Are you making the eggnog from scratch?

I'm not making it. I'm doing a menu with a caterer. I don't make any of this stuff. Nooooo. It's for my boss.
(gasp) ......its gotta be real homemade stuff!
Choose the one YOU like.

Think Tom and Jerry for the classic, retro Holiday offering.
(10-30-2012, 04:05 PM)Maggot Wrote: (gasp) ......its gotta be real homemade stuff!

It is the real homemade stuff. It's wonderful. I'm finishing the last glass now. I like the bourbon the best. I've been traumatized by rum and one little sniff of that brought it all back.
(10-30-2012, 03:49 PM)sally Wrote: Love eggnog with or without the booze. I have an eggnog punch recipe that includes coffee, coffee ice cream and rum that I really want to try, but no one in my family likes eggnog and I'm not going to make a bowl of punch just for myself.

What the fuck is wrong with making a bowl of punch just for yourself?

Apart from the pukefest that will inevitably follow, that is.
(10-30-2012, 04:08 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-30-2012, 04:05 PM)Maggot Wrote: (gasp) ......its gotta be real homemade stuff!

It is the real homemade stuff. It's wonderful. I'm finishing the last glass now. I like the bourbon the best. I've been traumatized by rum and one little sniff of that brought it all back.

Thats all it takes sometimes. hah
Good stuff with Myers Dark Rum and a sprinkle of Nutmeg
Is it 1oz per 8oz glass? What is the right ratio?

That's a safe amount. I would do 1 12 per 8 oz. for my friends.
(10-30-2012, 04:00 PM)Duchess Wrote:
(10-30-2012, 03:53 PM)BlueTiki Wrote: Are you making the eggnog from scratch?

I'm not making it. I'm doing a menu with a caterer. I don't make any of this stuff. Nooooo. It's for my boss.

I thought you were your own boss?

Anywho, my only suggestion, go a bit easy on the rum in eggnog. It's easy to drink and suddenly you have a bunch of egg yolk burping, sloppy, cream foam dribbling guests who will then devour your buffet as eggnog makes one hungry for protein (Cheez Wiz being a favorite) and the added alcohol will relieve any and all of their inhibitions and cause them to act out and become tawdry.

^^ Scientifically proven to be accurate. ^^
(10-30-2012, 07:16 PM)OnBendedKnee Wrote: I thought you were your own boss?

Nope, but working from home is a lot like not having one.
I'd think it would be fun to be your boss.

Does he enjoy doing so? Bossing you around?
(10-30-2012, 07:05 PM)Duchess Wrote:

That's a safe amount. I would do 1 12 per 8 oz. for my friends.

Maybe 2oz per ..........maybe 2?