Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
John Wayne Gacy nephew gets 24-years for child sex assaults
[Image: s-RAYMONDKASPER-large.jpg]

The nephew of serial killer John Wayne Gacy has been sentenced to 24 years in prison for the sexual assault of a 12-year-old girl.

Raymond Kasper was convicted of predatory criminal sexual assault and aggravated criminal sexual abuse in July. However, the girl denied the crimes took place on the witness stand.

Kasper read a letter to the court before his sentencing, but never once mentioned his infamous uncle’s name. He believes his family association played a role in his conviction.

“You cannot choose the family you are born into,” Kasper said. He also said he didn’t tell his children about the relation to Gacy until the trial began.

The trial jury was never informed that Kasper was Gacy’s nephew, but the media widely reported the connection.

John Wayne Gacy was executed in 1994 for the murders of 33 boys and young men. Gacy’s victim #19 was finally identified last year after 35 years.

The 49-year-old was arrested last year when he was accused of assaulting the girl multiple times between June and October 2011. The girl said she may have dreamed the abuse, but prosecutors believed she had been pressured or intimidated to recant. A doctor who examined the girl said she had wounds that were consistent with sexual abuse.

Assistant State’s Attorney Sharyl Eisenstein said Kasper believed he was the victim in the situation, and that he had not taken any responsibility for his actions.

Catharine O’Daniel, Kasper’s attorney, said he deserved a new trial since the girl recanted. Judge Joseph P. Condon disagreed, but O’Daniel said she would appeal the conviction. She said Kasper had a clean criminal record and emphasized his work history, which included working as a firefighter after his wife and child were killed in a car crash.

With credit for time served, Kasper will likely serve 18 years in prison
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

[Image: john-gacy.jpg]

By Amanda Marrazzo, Special to the Tribune

November 2, 2012

The nephew of serial killer John Wayne Gacy tearfully declared his innocence to a McHenry County judge Thursday and sought to distance himself from his notorious uncle before his sentencing for the sexual assault of a 12-year-old girl.

Judge Joseph P. Condon then handed down a 24-year prison term for Raymond Kasper, who was convicted in July of predatory criminal sexual assault and aggravated criminal sexual abuse — even though the girl denied from the witness stand that the crimes took place.

While reading a letter to the court before his sentencing, Kasper never mentioned the name of his infamous uncle, who was executed in 1994 for the murders of 33 young men and boys, many of whom were found in his suburban home near Chicago's Northwest Side.

But Kasper indicated his belief that the family connection played a role in his conviction.

"You cannot choose the family you are born into," Kasper said. He added that his own children never knew about the family's ties to Gacy until his trial. "I tried to protect them from that."

Kasper's trial jury was not told of his relationship to Gacy, but the connection was widely reported in the news media.

Kasper, 49, of Marengo, was arrested last year amid accusations that he assaulted the girl multiple times in her Algonquin home between June and October 2011. Though the girl said from the witness stand that she might have dreamed the abuse, prosecutors indicated that the girl had been pressured to recant her claims. A doctor who examined her also testified that the girl bore wounds consistent with sexual abuse.

Assistant State's Attorney Sharyl Eisenstein argued Thursday that Kasper still was "not taking any responsibility for his actions or what he did to the victim. He believes he's the victim."

Kasper's attorney Catharine O'Daniel argued that he deserves a new trial, in part because the girl recanted. The judge denied that, but O'Daniel said she would immediately appeal the conviction.

Several of Kasper's relatives were there to support him and vowed to fight for his freedom. His lawyers have said he has health problems and suffered a heart attack while in jail awaiting his sentencing.

"It's about him," said Kasper's son Steve, 24. "He's not Gacy's nephew. He's Raymond Kasper."
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

Raymond M. Kasper, 49, a former Algonquin resident and nephew of serial killer John Wayne Gacy, was convicted Friday of sexually abusing and assaulting a 12-year-old girl in 2011, the Northwest Herald reports.

According to the Northwest Herald, the jury began deliberating in mid-morning Friday and came back with a guilty verdict. The defendant had been charged with predatory criminal sexual assault and sexual abuse.

Kasper had a previous relationship with the victim's mother, who prosecutors accused of allowing the abuse to occur, the Northwest Herald reports.

The victim and her brother were reportedly taken from their mother's custody by the Department of Children and Family Service during the court hearing Friday, the article reports.
[Image: CMlogo.jpg]
To be overshadowed by a dead serial killing relative; that could yield an appeal in this case. Especially, if there is adquate proof that the story itself may have impeded a fair and impartial hearing. I think anyone would be creeped out by knowing that information about anyone to begin with.

Is it possible that Kasper is innocent and his guilt was "GACY" provoked or spurred by the anger of a child over being disciplined??

I find it incredibly compelling when the state or defense bring in medical evidence. Which in this case; appears to have happened.

The victim, 12 at the time (now 13) has recanted her story??? Could that bring doubt to the case or any evidence for that matter?

I think I would be leaning on reasonable doubt in this case as a Juror, but I am curious as to specific evidence. Which "SHOCKER" (no pun intended) the media has not really given specifics!
So really, the only medical evidence was the doctor's testimony that the girl "bore wounds consistent with sexual assault".

I dunno. Seems like a shaky case with the girl saying she might have dreamed the abuse. I wonder what the brother knows.
WOODSTOCK – A former Algonquin man was sentenced Thursday to 24 years in prison for several sex offenses involving a then-12-year-old girl.

A jury in July found Raymond M. Kasper, 49, guilty on six of seven charges against him: three of four counts of predatory criminal sexual assault and three counts of criminal sexual abuse.

The girl told her school guidance counselor and police that Kasper touched her in a sexual manner on several occasions last year. But after the girl met with her mother, Kasper’s attorney and Kasper’s sister, she recanted her story and said it all had been a dream.

Kasper addressed McHenry County Judge Joseph Condon at his sentencing, saying he has never touched any children inappropriately.

“I stand before you, regardless of the jury’s verdict, as innocent,” Kasper said, adding that he has been in jail for 137 days for a crime he did not commit. The allegations were made by a girl who became angry after she was disciplined, having her cellphone and Nintendo DS taken away, he said.

When the girl realized the severity of her accusations and tried to “fix it,” she was called a liar, Kasper said.

Defense attorney Catharine O’Daniel emphasized Kasper’s unblemished criminal record and highlighted his work history, including working as a bus driver and also a firefighter – a job he took after his wife and child were killed in a car crash.

Assistant State’s Attorney Sharyl Eisenstein said Kasper’s true colors came out at trial when he took the stand and was “aggressive.”

“He thinks that he’s the victim,” Eisenstein said. “He doesn’t care about her. All he cares about is himself.”

Kasper is the nephew of serial killer John Wayne Gacy, although jurors were barred from hearing that. Condon ruled that it was irrelevant.

Without saying Gacy’s name, Kasper said jurors likely knew about the familial relationship through media reports.

http://www.nwherald.com/2012/11/01/algon...e/airbjgj/
If the accuser recanted and no other witnesses/victims emerged, the fact that the girl has wounds "consistent with" sexual assault, doesn't mean that they resulted from assault (or that Kasper was the guilty party if she was assaulted). I'd like to know the answers to a few obvious questions:

?? The girl originally said that he "touched her", according to the links upthread. What kind of wounds does touching leave?

?? Is there proof of an incriminating connection/relationship between the two? (EDIT: saw in Adub's link that he knew the family, but isn't related to them - nothing incriminating in the article.)

?? What kind of intimidation does the prosecution claim was levied against the girl to make her falsely recant?

As for the prosecutor's claims that Kasper showed his true colors by getting aggressive in denying his guilt, that's bullshit. Innocent people can get aggressive when they are wrongly accused (no matter who the accuser) and their freedom is at stake. That's not proof of anything.

This guy may be guilty as sin in which case he shoud rot where he's at. But, if there's not a whole lot more circumstantial or physical evidence that was shared with the jury (but not the public insofar as what I've seen in this thread), I don't find it far-fetched that knowledge of his relationship to Gacy could have created prejudice.
(11-03-2012, 06:57 PM)username Wrote: I wonder what the brother knows.

I wonder if they smelled his fingers.........

(11-03-2012, 07:28 PM)HairOfTheDog Wrote: As for the prosecutor's claims that Kasper showed his true colors by getting aggressive in denying his guilt, that's bullshit. Innocent people can get aggressive when they are wrongly accused (no matter who the accuser) and their freedom is at stake. That's not proof of anything.

Agreed! I think there is a lot more going on here. However, its very hard to decipher a case when the media limits its information or has a moron reporting it. I'm going to keep digging.
Sign_pervert

Sometimes a gene pool is just really polluted...

In that vein, I have to give credit to Hitler's nephews who live in the US. They ended the line by making the decision to not procreate, changed their names, and want to die in obscurity.
Keneth bianchi and angelo bono were cousins, Ivan Milat is believed to have committed some murders with his brothers at least 2 of them, just didn't have the evidence to prosecute them.

Shallowgenepool.com/murderers

(11-04-2012, 06:07 AM)ESAD Wrote: Keneth bianchi and angelo bono were cousins, Ivan Milat is believed to have committed some murders with his brothers at least 2 of them, just didn't have the evidence to prosecute them.

I think its time to revisit the Hillside stranglers!!! Serial Killers are interesting freaks, like drag queens almost. You want to stare at them, know some more about them, but never want to do what they do.
i have over 350 docus uploaded to media fire, if you stickied a docu thread i made i'd post them all.

Labor of love been collecting them years.