Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
11/12/2004 Scott Peterson Verdict
[Image: scott-peterson-e1352733461344.jpg]

On November 12, 2004, a jury found Scott Peterson guilty of first-degree murder in the death of his pregnant wife Laci, and second-degree murder in the death of their unborn child. The case, rife with twists and surprises, attracted national media attention and became one of the most memorable murder trials of the decade.

Scott still sits on death row proclaiming his innocence.

Do you remember this day, the case, and all of the emotions that came with it? Share your thoughts, a theory, or whatever.

I became so engrossed with this entire event. In my off time, I watched recorded trial testimony and read a number of books published by those involved in the case. The most poignant books I read were from Laci’s mother and reporter Catherine Crier. Together the books seemed to seal Scott’s guilt. If you get the opportunity, I suggest both. I would read Catherine’s first, and then Sharon’s. An amazing testament to solid crime reporting and a mother’s search for justice.

[Image: 0978006084963_300X300.jpg][Image: 407366.jpg]
I remember this day. I watched it too, over here in Australia via Fox News live. I have to say they did some great coverage of this. I remember watching Greta Van Susteran in those days and she always had some skilled people on a panel. I watched the jury being interviewed after the trial too to find out what they were thinking and what made them come to the conclusion of guilty and death penalty.

Smug Evil Prick is written all over his face. I hope he is someone's bitch in jail.
That case made me sick.Maybe it was the time of year that made it worst.
I'm going to check out at least that first book.

I don't recall all the details but I remember fearing that he was going to get off. It seems to me people have walked on better cases than the one they had on him. Casey, anyone? OJ?
Commando Cunt Queen
He's innocent. No doubt he was setup.

By whores...most likely Lebanese.

Aussie said prick.
[Image: Zy3rKpW.png]
SC

U should post these threads in my sub-fora as they are history crimes, I will look for docus on them.
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

(11-13-2012, 09:09 PM)ESAD Wrote: SC

U should post these threads in my sub-fora as they are history crimes, I will look for docus on them.

You are more than welcome to take anything "history" wise I post. I just like posting a crime related to the specific day in history. Nothing wildly long or involved.
Fair do's I just thought as they history crimes they could go in my history fora nvm Smiley_emoticons_smile
(08-08-2010, 06:37 PM)Maggot Wrote: May your ears turn into arseholes and shit on your shoulders......Smiley_emoticons_smile

(11-13-2012, 08:55 PM)Duchess Wrote: Aussie said prick.

hah
Chuck Norris once saved a pregnant woman from being his by a car two weeks before Christmas... But it was Laci Peterson.
"I’m not going to cry over it. I already did that on the way home." - Michael Scott
My co-worker and I followed this case very closely. We both knew he did it. Smug bastard. How can a man kill his wife when she is pregnant with his child?? I can't wait until he is in the death chamber and takes his last breath. Then he can rot in hell for eternity.
Devil Money Stealing Aunt Smiley_emoticons_fies
Via People
Scott Peterson's Life on Death Row: The Inside Story
09/23/2012 at 09:05 AM EDT

Joking with others, shooting hoops and scoring baskets – to look at Scott Peterson, one would hardly imagine he's incarcerated on San Quentin's Death Row.

And yet, that is how journalist Nancy Mullane found the former fertilizer salesman when she visited the California state penitentiary where Peterson is confined to a solitary 7-by-9-ft. cell for the Christmas Eve 2002 killings of his wife Laci and their unborn son, and then dumping their remains into San Francisco Bay.

"He didn’t look depressed. He looked like someone you'd see on the street playing basketball. He had his shirt off and his boxer shorts up," says Mullane, who was given an unprecedented level of media access to the prison for her book about the rehabilitation of condemned killers, Life After Murder: Five Men In Search of Redemption. "He wasn't ripped, but he looked healthy."

She says Peterson, who turns 40 next month, may have put on a couple of pounds but didn't look much different from when he was sentenced in 2005. As for his basketball game, which had the inmate's complete interest, "He was playing a pretty hard game," says Mullane. "There was a lot of jumping around and making baskets" as guards armed with rifles watched from nearby.

After the game, she says, Peterson returned to his cell wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses. A few minutes later, Mullane saw him walking to the shower in flip-flops and shorts. Mullane also noted that Peterson was one of the youngest men in his cellblock.

An Appeal as to his sentence was filed in October; no word on its status.

EDIT: This is a very interesting viewpoint from the accused and his family. If your interested : THE SCOTT PETERSON BLOG (Yes; REALLY)
I *feel* like he did it but I also wasn't convinced there was enough physical evidence that proved him innocent beyond a feasible doubt.... And that makes me so sad.
http://www.nickiswift.com/65634/untold-t...content=27

Seems like a lifetime ago. I read the story, it all seems so obvious now. Ain't no married man with a heavily pregnant wife leaving her home alone to go fishing on Christmas Eve.
Scott Peterson released!

From death row...
No way!
Tis true. Sonofabitch!

The California Supreme Court on Monday overturned the 2005 death sentence for Scott Peterson in the slaying of his pregnant wife, but said prosecutors may try again for the same sentence if they wish in the high-profile case.

It upheld his 2004 murder conviction in the killing of Laci Peterson, 27, who was eight months pregnant with their unborn son, Connor. Investigators said that on Christmas Eve 2002, Peterson dumped the bodies from his fishing boat into San Francisco Bay, where they surfaced months later.

https://www.kcra.com/article/california-...y/33762455
Why TF is he still alive anyhow? He was sentenced in 2005 to be executed, it should have happened years ago and he should have been buried by now, not commuted! Insane
Carsman: Loves Living Large
Home is where you're treated the best, but complain the most!
Life is short, make the most of it, get outta here!